276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kodak Portra 400 35m 36exp Film Professional 5 Pack

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Fear not, though. If you can’t find any in person, don’t have time to go and look, want to find it at the best price before buying, or indeed want to buy less than 5 rolls, there are plenty of people online who will sell you some instead. Notice how you’re still getting muted tones here but they could be better if there was just more light? I probably should have overexposed it but for this session. I was using a Mamiya RB67 Pro S.

Finally for this section, there’s a Portra 400 datasheet right here that gives you more information than I care to parrot, although I will relay some impressive-sounding highlights. When Kodak introduced this film, they heavily branded and marketed it as being fantastic for scanning. Indeed, there probably isn’t a single time where I hated the scans I got from this film. Of course, scanning is a far more technical process and many of us who scan know this isn’t always so straightforward. The bottom line here is that Portra 400 is a fantastic film and one that’s great for seasoned shooters as well as newcomers to analogue photography. It’s the same attributes that make it good for both groups; the flexibility, the reliability, and the consistency it brings with its image quality and qualities. You might think a film designed for shooting portraits and weddings and the like would be a bit sterile for street photography. In my opinion, that would be a wrong assumption.Kodak Portra 400 is a pretty new film; especially when you consider how long Kodak as a brand has been around. It was born in 1998 and changed to what it is today in 2010. Outdoors with a flash bounced off of a wallThis entire session was done with the Sigma 85mm f1.4. As you can see, the flash output really helps here due to adding more daylight white balanced output to the scene. It doesn’t matter if your photographs are posed ones with models or candid ones with strangers. Having natural skin tones on people is equally welcome.

If you have a camera or photography shop near you that keeps a good selection of film, they should really have some Portra 400. The only reason they wouldn’t is that they’ve sold out. It comes in a 5-roll box but any shop worth their salt should let you buy single rolls from open boxes too. Quite how much quality drop-off there’ll be at the extreme ends of this, I don’t know. But it’s useful to have if your scenes have a lot of contrast or you’re using a camera with no built-in light meter. KODAK PROFESSIONAL PORTRA 160NC, 160VC, 400NC, 400VC, and 800 Films" (PDF). Kodak. February 2009 . Retrieved 2009-10-27. Have you just got hold of a film camera and are not sure where to start. We have lots of films to choose from, but you might be wondering which is the best one for you? Then read our guide Choose Your Film. It will give you a good starting point and a clear idea of what the different films do. Other films might push a certain attribute as their thing, like high contrast monochrome or excelling after dark, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Portra shines though by not turning anything up past around an eight, never mind all the way to eleven.Kodak Portra 400 35mm has an ISO of 400. This means that it is known as a mid-speed film, and will be able to take photos in most common lighting situations. After shooting your Portra, it’s developed using the standard C-41 process. It’s also designed to be a great film for scanning, which makes a lot of sense considering its history. If I wanted to give one of my point ‘n’ shoot cameras to a friend who doesn’t shoot film to try and see how they liked it, Portra would also be a likely choice. I think it’d give them results that’d make them want to shoot more film. As the name suggests, Kodak Portra films were designed with portraits firmly in mind. This means they keep skin tones looking nice and natural, unlike some of the more vivid Kodak films, and have very fine grain. The world’s finest grain at 400 speed in fact, if the box is to be believed. Kodak Portra works well with a wide variety of skin tones. If you’re shooting in the studio with a flash or monolight, this is perhaps the absolute best film that you can use and get your hands on. Image Quality

While I enjoyed the more vibrant results I got from the likes of Kodak’s Ultramax and Ektar films, the paler Portra photographs are very good too. Want to see more? Read our Kodak Portra 400 Film Review and our Second Kodak Portra 400 Film Review.

Kodak Introduces Enhanced PORTRA Color Negative Films with Finer Grain, Spectacular Skin Tones, Vivid Color and Ideal Scanning Performance" (Press release). Cameratown. September 11, 2006 . Retrieved 2009-10-27. Before you shoot your rolls, Kodak recommend you store them at 21°C (70°F) or below, or 13°C (55°F) if you’re saving them for an extended period of time.

When you’re shooting your Portra 400, be aware that it’s one of the most forgiving films out there as far as exposure latitude goes. It’s supposed to deliver usable results at two stops over or two stops under, which means shooting anywhere between ISO 100 to 1600 without pulling or pushing. It then becomes a bit self-perpetuating as people new to film talk it up too and the Portra flywheel keeps on spinning. The new version of Portra 400 was introduced in late 2010. This film essentially combined the old NC (natural colour) and VC (vivid colour) versions while incorporating some technical advances from the Kodak Vision motion picture films. Additionally, Kodak Vision technology makes Portra an excellent film to scan. Kodak Portra is a family of daylight-balanced professional color negative films originally introduced in 1998 made mainly for portrait and wedding applications. [1] They are successors of the professional Vericolor films (VPS and VPL), which succeeded Ektacolor films earlier. The films are available in three speeds — 160, 400, and 800 ISO — with the 160 and 400 speed formerly available as "natural color" (NC) and "vivid color" (VC) varieties before the 2011 update. [2] [3] If I had a special occasion to shoot or a trip or holiday that I wanted to save on film, Portra would be high on my list of candidates for the job. I think it’d give me results I’d love.

The new Portra 400 Film is the world?s finest grain high-speed colour negative film. At true ISO 400 speed, this film delivers spectacular skin tones plus exceptional colour saturation over a wide range of lighting conditions. If Portra helps more people to enjoy film and keep buying it, Kodak will make more money and will be able to keep producing all their films for all of us. And that’s kind of where I’m going with this. For years, professional photographers have preferred Kodak Portra Films because of their consistently smooth, natural reproduction of the full range of skin tones. In that same tradition, the new Portra 400 Film is the ideal choice for portrait and fashion photography, as well as for nature, travel and outdoor photography, where the action is fast or the lighting can?t be controlled. Kodak Portra 400 is the most popular color film on the market today, so popular that it’s become near synonymous with modern color film photography – and for good reason. It’s a highly versatile, professional-grade film with wide exposure latitude, modern grain structure, and warm pleasing tones. But, it’s no secret that shooting color film, especially professional-grade Kodak color film, like Portra, has become significantly more expensive over the past couple of years. Superior Sharp Focus – Capture high image resolution & depth of field even in dim lighting, with the film giving great results even when pushed

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment