276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NEEWER Pro 100% Stainless Steel Heavy Duty C Stand with Boom Arm, Max Height 10.5ft/320cm Photography Light Stand with 4.2ft/128cm Holding Arm, 2 Grip Head for Studio Monolight, Softbox, Reflector

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When a balance between portability and strength is required then sometimes even those cheap light stands that come bundled with kits can do. I know, to some of you I just blasphemed but bare with me. Most of those stands are better used as paper weights than light stands. I’ve even had one (wasn’t actually that cheap) literally crumble away; The metal began to crumble at the screw but thankfully I was there to catch it. Lots of those cheap stands are made from bad metal and plastic. The type of metal which you can’t clamp anything to as it just bends. Useless

First you have the center column part. This center column usually has two risers in it to take the stand up as high as 10 feet. Our C-stands empower you with unparalleled lighting control. Whether you need your lights positioned at unique angles, raised to greater heights, or placed in tight spaces, these stands offer the flexibility to meet your creative vision. It features a heavy-duty 50” boom arm attached using the 2.5” grip heads, this allows you to position your lighting in angles not available to normal stands. This works great for use as an overhead light, hair light, or copy stand. The included grip heads also allow you to use additional modifiers with your stands like flags, diffusers, or reflectors. In 1974, Matthews Studio Equipment introduced the industry's first folding base C-Stand. Matthews produces a wide range of C-Stands and related accessories to assist the motion picture, television and photographic professional in lighting and lighting modification support. [6] Use [ edit ]Also notice the tallest leg is in the direction of the arm. This will help to ensure that the stand won’t fall over. It only has three legs after all. So you are putting the weight over the largest leg. Paul Buff also has a non-air-cushioned 13' stand that weighs 5lbs and has a foot diameter of 42.5". https://www.paulcbuff.com/ls3900.php The term C-stand comes from the early history of lighting equipment. The C-Stand, or century stand, was named for the company that first produced bespoke lighting gear for live theater and filmmaking: Century Lighting based in New York City, which later became Century Strand and eventually Strand Lighting. [7] In later years, studios, grips and gaffers began to manufacture the earliest versions of what we now call C-Stands. The original C-Stands had welded bases that did not fold up or adjust but the fact that they easily nested together made them invaluable on the stage. [8] Today, the term C-stand is a popular name for the grip stand made by Matthews Studio Equipment, Inc. and has been copied by other manufacturers. [ citation needed] [9] C-stands are an important component in the image maker's arsenal of tools. The PIXAPRO Heavy Duty C-Stand Photography (or Century Stand) is widely used by both photographers and moviemakers alike due to its robust and sturdy build quality. They are also capable of holding heavy equipment such as large light banks, and strobes with large or heavy modifiers due to the solid stainless-steel metal construction. The very sturdy & strong stand is the perfect tool for any portrait, beauty, product, fashion photographer, or videographer, in a studio fixed location who uses large modifiers.

I knew both Mike and Larry Parker, who ran Mole-Richardson. I met Roy Isaia (founder of MSEGrip) in the early 1970s. Starting in the late 1970s, I worked, from time-to-time. for Twentieth Century Fox studios. Our C-stands are studio-grade, engineered to support a maximum load of 10-15kg, ensuring they can handle a wide variety of lighting equipment with ease.

Stand Spares

The gobo head, also known as the grip head, is what connects gobo arms to the stand. This is why they are also referred to as joints. Gobo heads have diamond shaped holes in which the arms are inserted. Once the head is tightened these holes close and clamp down on the arms to properly secure the rig. 3. Gobo Arm/ Grip Arm When nothing else matters but the quality of your image, you’ll make sure the light stand and every other accessory attached to it is as good as it can get! For this, we’ve got the top three full-sized professional light stands of the year for you to bring your work to the next level. If we missed anything, or if you have any recommendations on what we should consider for next year, please comment below! Best Travel / Compact Light Stands Professional Photographers: Achieve impeccable lighting precision in your studio and on-location shoots.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment