276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Okatsune 230 Long Handled Hedge Shears

£49.21£98.42Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Using a long reach hedge trimer is fairly simple. First, you will need to determine at what height you need to cut. Once you have determined this, adjust the pole length of your trimmer. Next, you will need to set the cutting head angle. Many hedge trimmers have multiple levels of adjustment to allow you to cut at different angles. These are not the only features to look for when purchasing a long reach hedge trimmer but they are definitely some of the more important ones. We will cover more product details below so you can make the best choice. Do You Need a Hedge Trimmer or a Pole Saw? While you can use a pole saw to trim your hedges, it may be difficult to create the sharp edges and straight lines you might be looking for. That being said, it will work in a pinch. If you are interested in purchasing a long reach hedge trimmer, the overall length of the tool needs considering. This type of hedge trimmer will usually offer you a fixed minimum length of around two metres, which can then be extended slightly.

Buxus should be pruned at the end on May and around the beginning of Sept (this will be your last cut of the year). If it is a topiary hedge then I recommend smaller shears as takes less effort than wielding larger shears around. Because it is a fast growing hedge Laurel does have a tendency to become too high for a step ladder & manual shears. If you find yourself in that position then I suggest reducing the height first with an extra long telescopic tree pruner. Privet Extending or telescopic pole– Since no two jobs are exactly the same you want a long reach hedge trimmer that has an adjustable length. An extension pole will make sure that you can access your job no matter the height required.Most gardeners should be fine trimming hedges once or twice a year, although this depends on the species growing in your garden. If you prefer a cleaner, more formal finish, you can always increase the frequency of your trimming. What oil should I use with my hedge trimmer? I found them to be well made and balanced on the hands. They are 1.5kg in weight owing to the extra metal to make these telescopic shears but did not find my hands, wrists or arms aching after use. Not sure a long reach hedge trimmer is the right gardening tool for you? Below are some common alternatives. Hedge Trimmers vs Chainsaws

When it comes to using hand hedging shears, which-ever model you choose, always ensure the blades are sharp. Sharp blades will make the task so much easier. There are a few important things to know when thinking about buying this type of product. Many people buy these without really thinking it through. The vast majority of UK people will use a lawnmower to cut their lawns. They are then left with small areas of their lawn that still need tidying up. As always, a decent pair of shears with super sharp blades is advisable and a good clean of your shears after trimming is advisable to keep in the best shape and prevent spread of disease. Box (Buxus) All of the above are a first-rate set of hedge shears and will (hopefully) give you years of use. My favourite and top of my list is the Fiskars HSX92 hedge clippers.Safety features included– The last thing we need is an accident! Yard work is dangerous and we love tools that are designed with safety in mind. Although many older hedge trimmers with petrol engines can be uncomfortable to use because of excessive noise and fumes, newer petrol trimmers have eco-friendly engines that reduce the amount of operational noise. Newer petrol hedge trimmers also tend to produce clean emissions. Key Features for Long Reach Hedge Trimmer

These two tools have similar functions, but a pole saw offers little in the way of cutting accuracy. For example, a pole saw will rarely allow you to cut across the top of hedges, as with a hedge trimmer. Hedge Trimmers vs Hedge ShearsThe best value hedge trimmer around is probably the NETTA corded model we have discussed above. Very affordable and benefit from the reliable power supply of a corded tool, this trimmer comes with an impressive reach and adjustable head that makes it ideal for much taller hedges and awkward shrubbery. Long Reach Hedge Trimmer FAQs What is the difference between a hedge trimmer and a hedge cutter? Hedge shears are a manual alternative to hedge trimmers. If you only have very minor trimming work that needs to be undertaken, hedge shears can be used. They are also ideal for finishing work and pruning tasks. As with many other heavy-duty garden tools, hedge trimmers come in a few main varieties. Power supply is where you will find the key differences when shopping for long handle hedge trimmers. The most affordable variety of long reach hedge trimmer is a corded electrical one. If your hedge trimmer is on the heavy side, you may want to look for one that includes dual shoulder straps as these will ensure the trimmer remains firmly under your control. If your trimmer has multiple head settings, these should be easy to adjust without the need for any tools or attachments. How to Use a Long Reach Hedge Trimmer

Not as heavy duty as other sets I would recommend this model for light cutting work but still a good set of shears with decent blades. Alternately use garden hand shears or petrol / electric shears. The key to a lovely looking Laurel boundary using shears is timing. Best to trim in late Spring as new growth will cover any tatty, half cut leaves. All of the hand held shears reviewed are made for hedges and shrubs and not for shearing grass. Guide to Hedge Trimming with Hedge Shears If you find prolonged use of hedge shears tiring on the hands then my advice is to look at geared models like these Davaon bypass shears. This depends on how confident you are handling a hedge trimmer. The longer the blade, the more difficult it can be to use an extended hedge trimmer for longer periods. Can a hedge trimmer cut through branches?Some buyers will use a strimmer to do that, but these can be quite messy. They will certainly remove the grass but it does go everywhere. That is why some buyers will use shears for the tidy up. You can of course buy hand shears to do this and they are usually a cheaper option. Being a professional gardener I need the best tools to cut & prune hedges and plants on a daily basis. So, I found the HSX92 to be solid garden shears , well designed and with razor sharp blades. One of the finest I have used and shears that will last me for life (one hopes). The Tabor B212E hedge shears are a great telescopic shear . Due to the wavy edge blade, cutting through vegetation is marginally easier. However I am not sure how easy it is going to be sharpening them.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment