276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Long Time Coming: The funny and steamy romcom inspired by My Best Friend's Wedding from the No.1 bestseller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Breaker was SO amazing. I never thought I would love him more than I loved JP, but the nerd inside Breaker makes my heart soar. He was so relatable, yet he also had such range as a character. Breaker is a powerful billionaire at first glance and a nerd at heart—all accompanied by a dirty side. I hate playing favorite Meghan Quinn characters, but Breaker might have just stolen the crown from his brothers in this series. He was geeky goodness and the best of friends…until he was more. I adored that he fell first. Breaker being there for Lia when she needed help with wedding stuff was hilarious. Their friendship was special, and I couldn’t wait for them to figure out that they needed more. And once they did, it was Meghan Quinn magic all the way. Playing the Field” is the second novel in the “Hot-Lanta” series, and was released in the year 2013. The gang has returned and this time there’s a wedding to celebrate, except that is the furthest thing on Molly Meyers’ mind. After losing Luke (her fiance) two years ago, there is nothing she wants to do less than help Jane Bradley (her best friend) plan her wedding and celebrate the obnoxious, annoyingly lovey-dovey relationship that Jane has with Brady Matthews.

One thing I truly adored was how much Beaker was convinced that he and Lia were just friends, until the moment he realized they weren't just friends. He was used to his brothers always teasing him about secretly being in love with her, but he genuinely only saw her platonically until THAT moment (which was wonderfully written) and then suddenly it was game on. He did everything in his power to show Lia that she deserved so much more than what she was settling herself with, and just proved to her that he was the one for her. I really thought going into this that either of them had feelings and suppressed it when the other didn't seem to want it and so they spent 10 years in angst or hiding their feelings but NOPE. This book was the ultimate cooked perfection. The chemistry between Breaker and Lia was absolutely amazing, but what she really loved was how well they understood and complemented each other. Their banter was witty and funny while also having the kind of honest and open communication that strengthened their relationship. the smeeexy scenes 💦. Oh LAWD. Breaker knows what he’s doing 🥵. At about 56% he describes some stuff he likes to get done to him and what he likes to do as well 👀🔥. At 70% ish we get some completions that showcase the duuuurty mouth on Breaker 💦 and lots of sprinkles of 🔥 until 90% when it finally happens 😉

Diaries & Calendars

I received an ARC of this title from the author. The excerpts are from that copy. I am voluntarily reviewing this title. Lia and Breaker met in college through the SSS = Secret Scrabble Society and instantly knew they were kindred spirits. Although Breaker would have loved to ask Lia out, she asked him to be his friend. The only thing that annoyed me in this book and is the cause why I can’t give it a full on 5 star rating, is Brian. He was there for toooooooo long and my girl Lia should’ve broke up with him a LOOOOONG time ago!! It was just so frustrating seeing her tolerate his annoying behaviour for 60% of the book! Bro did not deserve that big amount of time in the book.

Obviously, Lia has a fiancé when this book starts. I’m not going to spoil what goes down, but I am going to say for anyone curious that there’s no cheating. Things progress in a natural, authentic way between Breaker and Lia. This book wasn’t filled with angst or much anguish. (Well, maybe a little on Lia’s part.) It was a really fun, right kind of drama romance. This book was pretty mid. It had its moments, but it made me cringe so many times I was having facial spasms. 🥴 But that was not the case here. Breaker Cane was SO damn close to swooping in and stealing the number one spot from his brother. The sexy, nerdy thing really does it for me, and the way he is soooo obsessed with Ophelia is just to die for. And THIS, dear readers… is how you avoid an annoying and unnecessary third act conflict and lead a healthy and beautiful relationship!! Lia and Breaker are the prime example of how communication is key and I LOVE to see!!! We spent 60% of the book dealing with things that should have been resolved in the first 20-30% of the book. Lia spends more than enough time being a doormat to her fiancé and his overbearing (overbeaving lol) mother.Breaker and Lia are the cutest, nerdiest, most fun couple I've read about in a while and through 60% of the book they aren't even a couple. They're best friends who have the best kind of relationship. They have the same interests, finish each other's sentences and always put the other first. They know everything a friend could know about each other, but helping Lia prepare to get married to another man makes Breaker realize he’s head over heels in love with her.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment