276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fabric for Fashion: The Swatch Book Revised Second Edition

£47.5£95.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Kathleen is the author of The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Sewn Product Manufacturing, the most highly rated book of any topic in the garment industry. but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the fantastic work. I like that they really put thought into the fact that many people may end up owning one or the other and made sure that each book stands on its own. He might be mixed with something else because he’s way bigger than any Boston I’ve ever seen… like, he’s nearly pit bull sized!

The authors offer much to learn about trademarked biosynthetics (fabrics generated in part from renewable resources), plants that form the basis of novel fabrics, and different collaboration and activist groups formed to meet sustainability goals. This fabric swatch book also contains detailed information on the basics of fabrics, weave comparison, construction, and weights.

One thing though – it looks like the acetate satin swatch is mounted sideways in this copy of the book? Swatch Reference Guide for Fashion Fabrics gives fabric samples with all relevant information regarding fabric identification on the same page, which has the fabric name, fiber content, count, and characteristics, as well as the similarities and differences between fabrics. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. I just mention that as I’ve seen recent discussions of cupro akin to a miracle fiber, capable of single handedly solving all environmental ills.From there each fiber is broken down into the many different kinds of fabrics and weaves made from it and explains how each of these is produced and the specific properties they hold. Did you know that 100 million households around the world are currently involved in cotton production?

The latter is a swatch book that has 125 genuine fabric swatches that can be touched and examined with more concise descriptions. N2 - This easily navigable resource provides over 100 swatches of the most recognised and widely used varieties of fabric, including cottons, silks, wools and linens, to encourage consideration of not just the aesthetic appeal of various fabrics but also their structure, feel and weight. But I hesitate because I like to FEEL and touch fabric to see if it is the right thing for what I want to make… I wonder if I am on the naughty list? It is the right match for the people in the fashion industry who are exhaustive users of colored pencils, artist-makers, pens, crayons, and more.They could have used a “poka-yoke” method [yes, I learned that from you :-) ], like cutting the swatches as rectangles so it would be impossible for that to happen. Tenia miedo de comprarlo pues habia algunas malas reseñas, pero es perfecto, además de la calidad del libro, las muestras de las telas sin hermosas, vale oro, si te gustan las telas o estas en proceso de aprendizaje en el mundo de la moda, corte y confeccion, este libro es imprescindible!

The book will be useful for anyone who works with fabrics and is the ideal companion to Fabric for Fashion: The Complete Guide.It allows you to make notes of your color palettes for future reference you made using the dry mediums, color gradients, blend and also track which colored pencil and art medium you used. She is curator at The Sustainable Angle and in this role curates for the Future Fabrics Expo, delivers brand advisories and speaks at conferences internationally. As someone self-taught in sewing, being able to really understand how fabric acts and reacts is critical to making good clothing. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. The samples are a good size, giving you a true impression of their feel, weight and structure and all have a description alongside them.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment