276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Betrayal

£11£22.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Eve snaps and decides to take revenge on Don, endeavouring to teach him a lesson which doesn’t go to plan. Bestselling author Lesley Pearse weaves her writing web of magnetism and lures you in with a tale of hard times, abuse and survival. I am a huge Lesley Pearse fan and have read all of her books, I was excited to be asked to read and review Betrayal. A strong piece of writing and storytelling that has the power to transport you and invite you into the drama. I have read all of her books and I have always loved the way she portrays strong women within her books.

I am a huge Lesley Pearse fan and have read all of her book, I was excited to be asked to read and review Betrayal. Moves back to her house while he has to stay away, but sometimes spends his drunken nights in the shed having a nap. I was rooting for Eve all the way through; hoping she'd put the past behind her to start a new and prosperous life in Devon. She knows she needs to get away from Don, for her children not to grow up in a home where domestic violence is common place. There are lots of social and cultural issues which are tackled within the pages of Betrayal-from domestic violence, to financial control, grooming and suicide.Betrayal follows the story of Eve, a mother doing everything she can to keep herself and her children alive while in an abusive marriage. The story then follows Eve and her children over the years after breaking free but it looks as if the past is always lurking around the corner waiting for the truth to come out and justice to be done. When one particularly scary beating left Eve in a bad way she had to put not just her safety but that of her children first and set the wheels in motion to leave her husband.

But Don's abusive behaviour got worse with each day and when he started taking his anger out on her infront of the kids, and then on her kids, she knew that it was finally time to get them out. Gone were the chapters where I was growing a bit bored (I hate saying that but that was the way the book was making me feel) and bam here we have an unpredicted twist that really shook things up.

Thanks to Netgalley and Michael Joseph, Penguin Random House for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review. One is instantly caught up in Eve's story of domestic abuse and her subsequent escape with her children into her new life despite its ups and downs. A good yarn which gets you involved in the story, and you can’t put it down until you’ve finished it. Before I jump into this review, I must stress that Ms Pearse doesn't shy away from the distressing themes in Betrayal.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment