276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Allelujah [Blu-ray] [2023] [Region Free]

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Dynasty' Actor To Play Joe Biden; Sci-Fi 'Sentinel' Wraps In Estonia; 'Allelujah' Underway In UK; 'The Six' Gets UK Cinema Run – Global Briefs". 26 October 2021. It is a little bit different in Indian culture,” says Gill. When he shot the film, he had never been in an actual geriatric ward. But he spent a lot of last year in one, visiting his grandmother, who recently died of cancer. The Doctor Who train just keeps on rolling. Hot on the heels of the news that we will finally be able to see the 60th anniversary specials across three Saturdays from the 25th November - that'll each [...]

I spoke to Dench, then 87, in her trailer after seeing her shoot a scene: an incredible treat and slightly disquieting. “I think it’s all deeply depressing, I’m afraid,” she said, eyes bright. “I’ve completely lost my rhythm inside.” Allelujah had its world premiere at the 2022 Toronto International Film Festival on 11 September 2022, and was released in the United Kingdom on 17 March 2023, by Warner Bros. Pictures. As if that wasn’t enough good news, she was also awarded her OBE by His Majesty King Charles last week for Services to Drama. The exterior corridor at St Ann’s, designed to allow staff and patients fresh air and birdsong as they moved between wings. Photograph: Catherine Shoard It’s an exciting time for Allelujah writer Heidi Thomas, as the BBC recently announced that Call the Midwife has been renewed for another three seasons!If you’re not kind of pushing, you’ll be forgotten. I did feel sorry for the people who didn’t have family members coming in. There is a feeling, when you get to a certain age, that you have nothing left to provide.” Bally Gill, Richard Eyre, Alan Bennett and Judi Dench on set of Allelujah. Photograph: Rob Youngson Allelujah is a 2022 British drama film directed by Richard Eyre and written by Heidi Thomas. It is based on Alan Bennett's play of the same name. The film stars Jennifer Saunders, Bally Gill, Russell Tovey, David Bradley, Derek Jacobi, and Judi Dench. Dench and Eyre on the red carpet at the film’s London premiere. Photograph: John Phillips/Getty Images for BFI Footage from the film, which recently completed principal photography, will be screened at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival.

Perhaps the thought of a veteran Brit character-actor lineup in a care setting is a little mawkish, and I incidentally still have grim memories of Dustin Hoffman’s unsufferably patronising 2012 film Quartet with Maggie Smith, Tom Courtenay, Pauline Collins and Michael Gambon. Even Dench was darkly pragmatic: “I suppose if you’ve had your four score years and 10, you’re going to drop off the bough anyway.” But, on the bright side, “maybe those barriers [between medical and social care] have broken down a bit during Covid. I hope they have. So perhaps a very good thing will come out of it.” Bethlehem Hospital is the legendary institution which gave rise to the word “bedlam” – its name has been reapplied, without obvious irony, to a fictional geriatric hospital in Yorkshire for this gentle, shrewd ensemble comedy, adapted by screenwriter Heidi Thomas from the much-admired 2018 stage play by Alan Bennett with a new Covid-aware coda bolted on to the end. Richard Eyre directs with a sure hand. The family found being by her bedside essential, he says. “We had to actively say: look, she needs pain relief. And she needs to have a proper, decent meal. We ended up feeling quite pushy. The system is so strained. We were on them constantly. He continues: “I’m in a privileged position. If I’m unable to look after myself and my family can’t, then I’ve probably got enough money to go into a private care home – and there are some really good ones.” There are also some very poor ones. “There’s always going to be a demand, and if they can provide the minimum care for the maximum income, that’s business.”

Doctor Who: 60th Anniversary specials confirmed for December DVD & Blu-ray release

The ostensible purpose and meaning of the film is of course to proclaim the value of the NHS, although you might argue that this faith is slightly deflected or undermined by the big narrative reveal – inspired by well-attested real life cases. But the new Covid section at the end, with its unexpected pivot to drama and crisis, works well enough. A low-key, attractive, if minor Alan Bennett. You can experience Jeff Rowe's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem on DVD, Blu-Ray and 4K Ultra HD very soon! The Doctor Who 60th anniversary specials will be available to own on DVD and Blu-ray from the 11th December. Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge.

Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie. Notes on a Scandal and Iris director Richard Eyre reunites with the star of those two films, Dame Judi Dench, alongside a line-up of some of our favourite British actors. The incredibly fancy (and, truth be told, a little more expensive) Steelbook format is the only choice for those needing a physical media release that doubles as a table tennis bat in a pinch. If that's you, [...]A filming crew from a local television programme called Pennine People are invited to the Beth to document a volunteer-led effort to save it from closure, during which time they also interview the Chairman of the Board and some of the residents. At the same time, Colin Colman, a consultant to the Health Secretary, arrives at the Beth, whose closure he had advised, to visit his father Joe and assess the hospital. One of the residents, Mary Moss, is discouraged from being interviewed on-camera by the television crew, but Valentine gives her an iPad and encourages her to document her day-to-day experiences. Based on the stage play by Alan Bennett (The Lady in The Van), with screenplay by Heidi Thomas (Call the Midwife, Cranford) and directed by Richard Eyre ( Notes on A Scandal, Iris). Sharp, Marie (28 July 2022). "Stephen Frears, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence films among Toronto galas, special presentations". Screen Daily . Retrieved 28 July 2022. A glimpse at upcoming UK Steelbook release dates until early 2024: here’s what’s getting the fancy treatment and when. In October 2021, it was announced that Judi Dench, Derek Jacobi, Jennifer Saunders, Bally Gill, Russell Tovey, and David Bradley had joined the cast of the film, [5] and principal photography began later that month. [6] [7] Release [ edit ]

It’s a sharp critique of an intractable problem, says Eyre. “I don’t see how any government can change the culture of families to make them more caring. You accept this is the world we live in, so what are we going to provide for those people who have been disfranchised?” Anyway, the Tories seem “curiously insulated” from the issue. “It’s strange: surely they must have parents or relatives who are in care or suffering?” Shares Pathé has released release the first look images from its new feature film, Allelujah , a darkly comic tale about surviving old age. This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen. Eyre turns 80 imminently. When we caught up last month, he had been reading about half-hour home care visits that were actually three minutes: “Probably very common.”Eventually, his grandmother was able to be discharged. “As a family, we would rather have her with us. So we looked after her in those last stages of her life and really tried to come together as a community.” If there's an old British film or sitcom in your DVD or Blu-ray collection, there is a good chance it was released by Network. Giving long overdue physical releases to [...]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment