276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Arena of the Unwell

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Queerness is just part of the novel, and that feels refreshing and not something I've seen in this kind of genre (though, admittedly, I'm not sure what kind of genre it is—music scene novel? Not just those of the main trio, but also those of Noah’s best friends, and even his boss were all in need of expansion.

Unfortunately, the way this part of the story concludes didn't feel as impactful as I felt it was supposed to. never truly addressing ideas can be a comment on the normality of mh and the normalising of inaccessible support.After a comeback concert turns violent, he runs into barman Dylan, who he has been crushing on from afar, and photographer Fraser, who comes with Dylan everywhere. The book cover has no visible wear, and the dust jacket (if applicable) is included for hard covers. An manchen Stellen echt SEHR detailliert (TW Selbstverletzung, musste echt einmal das Buch wegpacken…) super toxisches Geschehen im Buch aber ein passendes Ende gefunden.

Before he’s even halfway across Claire jumps into the crowd, bass guitar still slung around her neck. Listened to this album driving home the night lockdown was announced so I wouldn't be alone at uni and it really uplifted me on the journey. I think the clearest influence is in the little music journalism interludes that pop up between some of the chapters. He also captures with brutal intensity Noah’s his anxiety, his self-hatred and his self-harming, without ever romanticising his spiralling mental health. Though he has a number of people in his life who want to help and support him when he's having a hard time, he continuously bats away their offers or ignores them.

unfortunately, however, this novel seems to fall a little flat as a result - more of a character study but when the character just cycles through themselves. It's interesting how (though ostensibly successful) this band member equally can't pull himself out of a downward spiral. They never really let Noah in, keeping him in the dark about the true nature of their relationship, nor are they honest about their intentions with him, hell, sometimes they do not even consider him at all. Apart from the fact that this one involved a lot less footnoting, the general process was quite similar.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment