276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cadian Honour (Volume 2) (Warhammer 40,000)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The descriptions in this story are well written, but the author has ni idea how to write a convincing military tale. It starts with an irrelivant scene, revolving around a duel that seemed to be lifted from a Sharpe novel.

As the Cadians struggle through sacrifice and brutal attrition, they must come to terms with the loss of their home world and find an answer to the haunting question: what does it mean to be one of the vaunted Cadians in a galaxy without Cadia? Other Astra Militarum regiments model their recruitment and training practices on Cadian doctrine, or seek to equip their forces in the Cadian style. All are eager to emulate a world so heavily militarised that it was said its people were taught how to field-strip and shoot a lasgun before they could even read. It then moves to a story of betrayal and rebellion, in which the incompetent military fail to notice an army of 100,000 slaughtering everyone in a vast refugee camp on their doorstep.

Note: All the Adeptus Astartes assets were stripped from Mos Khazner's defence in an attempt to retake the orbital batteries. Their success allowed the Long Retreat. The Emperor forced the entire Legion to kneel against their will through the use of his psychic might and then explained that they were the only Astartes Legion to have failed his purpose on the Great Crusade. After this humiliation Lorgar, on the advice of his First Captain Kor Phaeron and the Word Bearers First Chaplain Erebus, decided to undertake a Pilgrimage to discover if the Gods worshipped by the ancient Old Faith of Colchis were real and worthy of the Word Bearers' faith and allegiance. I haven’t read this, the third book in the Dawn of Fire series, so I can’t say too much about it. From what I understand though, it changes the focus of the series away from Imperial forces battling Chaos and onto the Space Wolves facing off against the greenskin menace led by the legendary ork warlord Ghazgkhull Thraka. Cadia guarded the only known navigable route to and from the massive Warp rift known as the Eye of Terror, a passage called the Cadian Gate. The world's dangerous proximity to the Eye of Terror made it necessary for the people of Cadia to heavily fortify the planet. The best parts are really after the Fall and you see the aftermath of the remaining Cadians trying to hold together and you get some character work done, especially with Grüber, but that’s the last third of the book, so that kept my rating down a bit.

Had Cadia not been famous for holding so long against the odds, it is likely the other planets in the system would have capitulated or given up almost immediately. No normal world could stand in the face of the horrendous, sanity-devouring armies that descended upon the Cadian Gate in such terrifying measure. However, the wider systems of Cadia, Belis Corona, and Agripinaa stood fast. Those who survived, though haunted by the loss of their beloved homeworld, remain bloodied and unbarred, fighting ruthlessly in the Emperor’s name. Amongst them is the indomitable Sergeant Minka Lesk. Sent to the capital world of Potence, Lesk and the Cadian 101st company soon discover that a rot runs through the very heart of the seemingly peaceful world. Baneblade follows the crew of, as you might have guessed, a Baneblade, which forms part of a tank company battling an ork Waaagh! The novel gives you a look into the life of a tank crew, the bonds that build between crewmates and the tank itself, and the nature of large-scale warfare in the 41st Millennium. The latest book in the Primarchs series dives into the circumstances surrounding the Primarch’s discovery by the Emperor, in revelations that will shake your understanding of the Great Crusade to the core.The reading works well for describing Minka, an inept, childish soldier promoted beyond her ability, but fails to convey any authority to other characters. Anyway, that's just my opinion and there are some scenes that work in it. If you feel like it could be an enjoyable read for you, feel free to try it!

As befits Abaddon's cruelty and meticulous planning, thirteen massive transports of combat-drugged mutants, wretches, Plague Zombies and Chaos Spawn were crash-landed into the ruined city of Kasr Kharkovan, ensuring that many of the final assaults were performed by the least storied of the Lost and the Damned among his armies. One of my main problems before was that I couldn’t write fast enough. It was a real struggle to get the books to a place I wanted them to be in time. But I had a bit longer with Cadian Honour and I think that shows. I’m really happy with it.The decision was made to hold orbit over Cadia and for the 1301st Fleet's elements to make planetfall on the unknown world, designated as 1301-12. The landing force was comprised of Imperial Army, Word Bearers, Adeptus Custodes and Legiones Cybernetica elements. The landing party, led by Lorgar, was greeted by a large number of barbaric human tribes, tribes described as "dressed in rags and wielding spears tipped by flint blades...yet they showed little fear." Most notable were the barbarians' purple eyes, which reflected the colour of the Eye of Terror itself in the spectrum of visible light. Despite the Custodian Vendatha's protests and request to execute the heathens, the Word Bearers approached the natives. However, some scenes were enjoyable or entertaining to read (I won't spoil them) but there were too few and far between for me.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment