276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sennheiser MKE 600 Shotgun Microphone with XLR-3 to 3.5mm Connector for Video Camera/Camcorder, 505453

£59.995£119.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sennheiser shotguns are the industry standard for sound engineers and crews in film. The company has an undeniable reputation as a trustworthy producer of microphones, with their MKH 416 serving as one such example that proves quality never goes unnoticed or unappreciated at any level of production.

I've even used it to mic a guitar amp cabinet while the drums were playing with about 0,5m of space in between but I placed the mic at a 90 angle from the drums with the low-cut on and the recording was almost completely clean. I would have to agree with Howard - the NTG-2 is probably the vest value proposition. I can be used in a variety of situations, is built well and is terrifically affordable for what it is. I know people that have been using one for nearly ten years without a problem. This mic is such a great deal that every videographer should have it in their arsenal. You may eventually want to add some hypercardioids and a medium shotgun too, so you can be technically prepared for everything. Nevertheless, when it comes to short shotguns Sennheiser MKE 600 is the deal. Of course, it is more expensive than other entry-level models, but you get the performance. Better are only professional shotguns, but they’ll cost you minimum 3 times as much, and will require a good source of phantom power. Pros It's a shotgun, but it's not your average tube screamer. The MKE600 frequency pattern is nothing short of epic and I love that curve above any other shotguns-it really stands out from those dull sounding ones with an annoying peak in the upper range as well as being reasonably flat enough so you don't get fatigued listening over longer periods without getting lost at individual peaks or valleys along its length when compared side by side against more traditional designs whose tonality may change drastically depending on what channel they're played through because there isn't just one output volume level available across all channels like we have here.Running the MKE 600 on a 1 x AA battery compared to 48V phantom power results in a lower output level but retains the characteristics that become more pronounced, the closer to the MKE 600 you are. It certainly handles further distances much better than the smaller MKE 200, with even 2m away still sounding pretty good with low to minimal noise once you’ve cranked up the gain. I don't use the battery option for phantom power. Instead I rely on the phantom power provided by my interface. I recommend an interface with a solid preamp. Obviously lesser quality preamps are going to impact your potential for quality sound from the mic.

If there’s one manufacturer that comes to mind when you bring up shotgun mics, it’s Sennheiser. With the Sennheiser MKH 416 serving as an undeniable industry standard, it’s no question that the company has become the go-to for sound engineers and crew in the film and TV industry. With a lightweight yet durable design, incredible sound, and all-around fantastic quality, the MKH 416 has proven its quality again and again. A single battery charge is said to provide up to 150 hours or just over 6 days of continuous use. Note, that there’s no auto-power-down feature. Power and low-cut filter switch are the only buttons on the MKE 600 itself. In fact, in 90% of the documentary work I do, a shotgun is the best mic for isolating a person speaking (impromptu) when surrounded by other ambient noise; an office, a factory, a server room, workshop etc, regardless of whether it's interior or exterior. Better is to use a balanced to unbalanced converter. These are available as passive boxes that don't require any power. All they are is usually just a high quality 1:1 transformer properly wired. Often they can be used in both directions. Personally I like the Radial StageBug SB-6 which can do this but there are many different brands that have similar devices."The MKE 600 is a versatile mic that can be used when any situation suits you. It's perfect for all types of performances and environments, from small talk in between songs or interviews to speaking up at conferences. The Sennheiser MKE600 mic is also a great choice for those looking to record their voice and instruments. It has better windscreens, so you won't need the optional ones that come with other mics plus it's affordable. But despite the MKH 416’s legendary status, its price can put it out of the reach of many beginners. Sennheiser aims to bridge this gap with the Sennheiser MKE 600, a shotgun mic that promises to offer professional quality for less than half the price of the MKH 416. If you’re interested in seeing just how well this boom microphone holds up, then read the rest of this Sennheiser MKE 600 review below.

Ce sont deux micros fort identique en terme de qualité sonore et de fabrication, mais mon choix ses porté sur le MKE 600 pour les raisons suivantes: I agree Benton. But Ash said he has not the budget for a NTG3 and as the Audix is in the same price range, the Audix won't do it too.Sure, there are situations where a shotgun won't capture what you need at an interior location, but there are many situations where it's the ONLY mic that will capture what you need. It really comes down to the type of situation and/or location. What is/are the sound source/s? What is the ambient noise? etc etc

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment