276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Chainsaw Chain: 30cm 44 Links Chainsaw chain for 12" / 30cm electric or petrol chain saws Alpina, Black & Decker, Castor, Dynamac, Efco, McCulloch, Oleo-Mac, Ryobi, Stihl Bar Length 30cm 12" 3/8" Pitch Guage 1.3mm 44 Drive Links

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To cut branches under 30 cm in diameter, look for a chainsaw with a cutting bar length of 15 – 20 cm and a cutting speed of 4 m/s . 18 V of power will generally be well suited to light-to-medium tasks. First and foremost, even if you don’t plan on using your cordless chainsaw for heavy-duty tasks, you’ll still need to invest in protective clothing and accessories, including chainsaw trousers, boots, gloves, and a hat/helmet, as well as safety goggles and ear defenders (these usually come attached to the helmet). This is something required by law, so don’t take it lightly. Einhell has a reputation for producing power tools and garden machinery at very affordable prices. However, as I found out when I tested their cordless strimmer, electric scarifier, cordless leaf blower, and petrol chainsaw, the brand doesn’t sacrifice on quality either. So, I was expecting their GE-LC 18 Li Cordless Chainsaw to be just as capable. I had a number of trees and branches lying around my farm (thanks to Storm Arwen) that needed to be cut up for firewood, so I was looking forward to putting this chainsaw to the test. Where this battery powered chainsaw really shines is in how easy it is to use. I loved how lightweight this machine is – at just 3kg , even with the battery in, it’s not going to leave your arms aching, which cannot be said for most of the other chainsaws that I tested.

For cord-free functionality at a price that won’t upset the budget, look no further than this Bosch UniversalChain 18 Cordless Chainsaw. A lightweight option that’s easy to handle and operate, this cordless chainsaw from the reputable power tool manufacturer is just the thing for handling all those outdoor cutting tasks. In-keeping with trying to make this chainsaw as appealing as possible to newbies, Bosch has ensured that assembly is kept to a minimum. The chain is already attached to the bar and you don’t need any tools to attach this to the main unit. Oil is provided too, for the chain’s automatic oiling system, meaning that I was able to have this chainsaw up and running in about five minutes.Cordless chainsaw motors come in different sizes. It goes without saying that the larger the motor, the more powerful your chainsaw will be. The downside to a large motor is that this will detract from your battery’s runtime. Needless to say, it wasn’t the best start, but things started to look up once I took in the full design of this machine. It has a 25cm Oregon bar and chain , which is a sign of top quality, along with a metal, rather than a plastic, claw stop – again, an indicator of quality. I also appreciated the tool free chain tension adjustment mechanism, as well as the large oil display window.

Increase chainsaw performance with a new chain. It’s the key component of your chainsaw. If you want your chainsaw to perform well and really cut through wood, you need to take care of it. When you buy a new saw chain the chains will be sharp and brand new. But eventually even the sharpest chainsaw chain will lose its edge, so it is important to maintain it and later on invest in a new one. Greenworks saw chains are extremely high quality made from the best quality steel. Saw chain tune-up tips There are a few design elements to this battery powered chainsaw that immediately stand out. Firstly, its size – with a 20cm bar and a very compact body, it’s the smallest of the six cordless chainsaws that I reviewed. Next up, the metal protective cap over the tip of the chainsaw. It’s there to reduce vibration, give you a cleaner cut when pruning trees, and prevent you from cutting with the nose of the chainsaw. Why? Because that requires expertise, whereas this chainsaw is designed for beginners. In our line-up, you’ll find quality models with a host of user-friendly features, with products from the best manufacturers around. What’s more, you’ll find something to suit every possible budget. So whether you looking to add these to your growing gear of cordless tools and want to get sawing with ease or you’re simply fed up with your lawn mower and hedge trimmers, we’ve got you covered below. Ryobi OCS1830 18 V 30 cm Bar ONE+ Cordless Brushless Chain Saw Torque Boost Mode: Power amplifiers increase performance at the push of a button for particularly difficult requirements A 30cm Oregon Bar and Chain offer a chain speed of 10 m/s, while an automatic oiling system and tool-less chain tensioning design make this a user-friendly option that requires minimal additional maintenance. As with any chainsaw, safety features are of paramount importance, which is why you’ll appreciate the inclusion of a mechanical chain brake as standard. As part of the ONE+ system from Ryobi, you can also enjoy the benefits of a universal battery that works with upwards of a hundred other tools from the reputable manufacturer.

The fact that this machine is so small and lightweight (just 3kg , even with the battery in), makes it very easy to manoeuvre and cut in a controlled manner. I used it with a 4aH battery, which enabled me to cut on and off for about two hours. I was impressed with the battery life, but not so much with the machine’s chain speed – at 4.5m/s , it was much slower than some of the other chainsaws that I tested (I would recommend the Makita, at 20m/s, if you’re looking for something faster).

I was already impressed after examining this machine’s design, but became even more so once I started to actually use the chainsaw. It performed brilliantly – I can’t fault it at all. From small branches to tree trunks with a diameter of around 65cm , this chainsaw sliced through it all without once stalling or requiring any force. I even had a professional tree surgeon test out the six chainsaws that I was reviewing, and, having always had a low opinion of battery powered chainsaws, he was even more impressed than I was at how it performed, to the point where he now wants to buy his own Makita! Even with a battery installed, this compact chainsaw won’t feel too cumbersome in your hands, weighing in at just 3 kilograms in total. The compact design isn’t just about reducing the bulk in your hands, either. With its low profile and sleek shape, it’s an altogether more ergonomic choice that allows for maximum manoeuvrability when carrying out pruning and less intensive cutting jobs. What’s more, there’s a stabilising tip protector as standard, with gripping teeth to ensure easy commencement of cutting tasks. This last feature is particularly handy if you intend to put this to use pruning greenery, with the gripping teeth ensuring a cleaner cut and minimising damage of surrounding branches and stems. Just about all of the best battery powered chainsaws need to be assembled in the same way. This isn’t complicated – it’s only the bar and chain that need to be attached. Ryobi has designed this machine to make that whole process tool-less, including when it comes to adjusting the chain tension at the end. As a result, assembly only took 10 minutes and was a very easy task. In terms of design features, there are a few that stand out. Firstly, the 30cm Oregon bar and chain . Anyone that’s familiar with chainsaws will know that this is a sign of great quality. Oregon chainsaw parts are very high-performance and are known for lasting the years, so it’s great that this machine is fitted with them.I found this chainsaw to be very easy to use. The only potential downside would be its weight. 7kg is pretty heavy for a cordless chainsaw, but considering that you’re only going to be using it for a maximum of 45 minutes at a time (before the battery power runs out), its weight isn’t a dealbreaker in the slightest. In fact, I found that this actually gave the machine a sturdiness that made it easier to hold in place when cutting. Although they may be smaller and lighter than their petrol alternatives, cordless chainsaws still have the potential to cause just as much damage should an accident occur. As a result, you need to take safety very seriously.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment