276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Win Lose Kill Die: TikTok made me buy it!

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are so many suspects - the enigmatic Headmistress, Dr Patel, and the odd groundskeeper, Creepy Billy, with his love of unusual, sometimes poisonous plants, and handsome new boy, Cole, who becomes Liz's boyfriend, that the reader is constantly kept guessing. The story concludes with a very clever twist, which I doubt few readers will see coming. All in all, a highly recommended thriller which will be a huge hit with teenage readers. I liked that this was set in a UK boarding school, although admittedly I had to constantly remind myself of this, as the story did feel very American. Liz's friends were easy to remember though, and I found myself really liking her love interest, Cole, especially as the romance was not heavy handed. Switching from the murderer’s POV directly to the POV of Liz had me guessing, but when Miss Liz started to hint at a bit of PTSD, I knew it. I feel that this is an author who is taking the first steps on what promises to be a very successful career.

Last One To Die - ReadingZone Last One To Die - ReadingZone

And then, Cole was ALWAYS the one that was there - he found Frank, he found Kat, he had ample opportunity to get to Taylor and he was there that night with Jameela.And seriously, if you get wounded by a rusty nail or something…. at least go to the doctors. I get that you are hard at work and you need to do all sorts of things, but this is important. It just didn’t make sense and I was just rolling my eyes. The winners of The Farshore Reading for Pleasure Teacher Awards 2023, highlighting the work schools are doing to encourage a love of reading, have... Everyone believes that Salil Singh killed his girlfriend, Andrea Bell, five years ago—except Pippa Fitz-Amobi.

Win Lose Kill Die by Cynthia Murphy - 9780702304941 - Dymocks Win Lose Kill Die by Cynthia Murphy - 9780702304941 - Dymocks

One of Us is Lying meets This Lie Will Kill You but with a chilling supernatural twist that will keep you guessing until the very end . . . She has a long-standing love affair with all things scary, reading Point Horrors at primary school before graduating to Stephen King in her misguided teens. Classic 90s and 00s horror movies are definitely her pub quiz strong point and her first love may well have been Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Studying for a degree in Art History and Archaeology meant that she developed a thirst for anything old, beautiful and very often dead. She tries to combine this with contemporary settings in her writing to make unique and chilling modern stories.

The reason my rating is probably like 3.6 is because I didn't get hooked as much as other books, fr me it just seemed like people kept dying and dying and I know that's intentional to keep the book fast paced but it just didn't hook me as much. Just my personal feeling, feel free to disagree with me!

Review: Win Lose Kill Die by Cynthia Murphy – Stories Flash Review: Win Lose Kill Die by Cynthia Murphy – Stories

Delivery with Standard Australia Post usually happens within 2-10 business days from time of dispatch. Please be aware that the delivery time frame may vary according to the area of delivery and due to various reasons, the delivery may take longer than the original estimated timeframe. Please be aware that the delivery time frame may vary according to the area of delivery - the approximate delivery time is usually between 1-2 business days. So, Cole was my guy. There’s NO WAY that someone can be this much of a nice person and not be sus. I flat out thought that was going to be the premise of this was that Liz was going to be like “Oh nO - *betrayal*”.

Locations where this product is available

All in all, this is one book I would highly recommend. Holy CRAP this was just so awesome and I flew right through it. I definitely have to get Cynthia Murphy’s other book soon! As the story progresses, there are some frightening incidents which are beautifully described. The author uses many devices to increase the tension; a seance at a party, shadowy figures hiding in the dark. The scene in which Niamh is in a deserted underground station and hears the sound of metal scraping on metal behind her is extremely atmospheric. In another incident, Niamh is trapped in the basement of a library, and the author brilliantly describes Niamh's panic and desperation as she tries to escape. Morton Academy is a school for specially selected, high-achieving students. Being chosen as Head Girl is an incredible honour, and everyone wants to be the successful candidate. But when Head Girls start dying in unusual and violent ways, it becomes obvious that there is a serial killer loose in the school. Liv and her friends Kat, Taylor, Marcus and Cole are determined to discover what is going on, and begin to investigate. It soon becomes apparent that no one is safe from the killer, and that becoming Head Girl may not be such a prize after all. Add in a secret society, Jewel and Bone, and an enthralling story begins. Night Mayor Franklefink has vanished from the Transylvanian Express - and it's up to you to solve the case! Part of the Solve Your Own Mystery seri...

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment