276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The True Love Experiment

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Romance readers are my absolute favorite brand of human.” I grin at him. “You see how much they love what they love. They show up—it’s a Monday, and see how many decided to leave their houses and fight traffic, maybe find child care, just to come here?” I gesture to the now-empty bookstore. “You had everyone here tonight. Homemakers, attorneys, hourly employees, scientists, retirees, students.” This was one of those books you can clearly see in your mind’s eye. It’s like a movie with all of the benefits of hearing the main character’s inner thoughts. Fizzy and Connor fell in love so authentically it felt real as a reader. WOWZA! A 10 star wonder! This book sizzles! It was funny, light, entertaining with enough drama to hit all the romantic quotas. 'The True Love Experiment', along with 'Love and Other Words,' are my favorite Christian Lauren books. These ladies know how to write! This book is all about Fizzy. I found her to be refreshingly “real” in the sense that she was a woman who lived life on her terms – writing romance and dating tons of guys – even if others may judge her for it.

If only! And once you’re single for so long, you aren’t even sure whether you’re suitable for a relationship anymore.” Fizzy is a strong, independent woman who goes after what she wants but Connor is no push-over. The book is very realistic with ex-boyfriends, ex-wives, kids and job issues. I really liked that about the book too. I don't think I'd read any other books by these ladies as it isn't my cup of tea but I can certainly see why they're so popular. Sparks fly when a romance writer and a documentary filmmaker join forces to craft the ultimate Hollywood love story—but only if they can keep the chemistry between them from taking the whole thing off script—from the “divine” (Jodi Picoult) New York Times bestselling authors of The Soulmate Equation and The Unhoneymooners. Now, I should say that I am NOT a fan of reality TV. In fact, I avoid it like the plague, but a reality TV show starring a romance author with men representing different romance book hero types is something I could definitely get behind and watch. This book was everything. I mean it… it’s instantly going on my best reads list. I’m quite literally obsessed.Desperate to find his romantic lead, a chance run-in with an exasperated Fizzy offers Connor the perfect solution. this book started off really strong and i was really enjoying it! i loved fizzy from the soulmate equation and i was so excited to read about her. even though it was good at the beginning, it just went downhill from there. I didn't read The Soulmate Equation as this is my first book by this writing duo. The main character of this book, Fizzy, was also a character from The Soulmate Equation but this is definitely a stand-alone. This isn't my usual type of book but I wanted to give these popular authors a chance and I have to say it was pretty funny and sexy. And for a romantic comedy, it was emotional too. Much like the multitude of readers who devoured the captivating Soulmate Equation crafted by this dynamic duo, I found myself thrusting my fist in exhilaration and exclaiming, "Let Fizzy bask in her own story!" This vivacious, intelligent, audacious, and vibrant woman holds the remarkable ability to command a scene and assume the perfect supporting role, rightfully earning her pursuit of a Happily Ever After.

Fizzy claimed that a deal breaker in her past relationship with one of the heroes, Evan, was a horrible tattoo. Would this be a deal breaker for you? Discuss what other nonstarters you may have seen both in the story and in real life. the MCs had so much chemistry and i could totally feel the love story/connection. some scenes were also very steamy 🥵 and all of the banter and one liners were great. the characters are older adults so you can definitely see the maturity and growth/reflection they have. PS— listened to the audio version that came into Libby a month later— and let me just say—Connor with the British accent is worth the listen! He frowns, his gaze doing a brief circuit of my face, searching for whatever he saw a moment ago. “Never mind.”How does introducing these hero archetypes influence the way Fizzy—or the reader—perceives Connor? Does he fit into any of these categories?

Keeping in mind that Fizzy is closer to 40 than 30, you would hope she has enough years under her belt to locate some self-respect and walk away. But no. She tells Connor "I love you" THREE TIMES. YES. THREE. TROIS. TRES. AND EACH TIME HE STIFF ARMS HER!!!! Lower me into the ground because I am DEAD. Adrenaline seems to dissipate all at once from my bloodstream and I lean against a shelf, exhaling slowly. Signings are the strang- est paradox: the most energizing, fulfilling experience, but also the most exhausting. I want everyone who comes to the table to feel like the most important person in my life, because for those handfuls of minutes, they are. But keeping that energy up can be draining. Add to that the stress about not knowing whether I’ll ever release another book and I’m absolutely wiped.When he says yes, and production onThe True Love Experimentbegins, Connor wonders if that perfect match will ever be in the cue cards for him, too. The True Love Experiment: My Review Yes, I was interested to get Fizzy’s story (who we first met in Christina Lauren’s The Soulmate Equation) but once I saw what this was about, I was chomping at the bit. My favourite kind of book to devour: something that manages to be hot and intense, yet still the very best comfort food’ JODI PICOULT She bought one tonight, but not one of mine.” Off his surprised expression, I add, “Fangirls show up, Connor. Those are my people.” I glance across the bar at the disheveled hot guy again. I search my blood for some vibration, or even the mildest flutter. Nothing. Tearing my eyes away, I exhale slowly. “I hope you’re right.”

For Connor, a challenge is an irresistible lure, and he meticulously assembles a group of candidates that are tailor-made to capture Fizzy's heart. It becomes evident that Fizzy is a natural fit for reality TV, yet the sparks between her and Connor ignite before the show even commences. A torturous twist unfolds as Fizzy begins dating the eight alluring contestants in front of Connor, igniting a burning jealousy within him. Paradoxically, as the show progresses, Fizzy feels her true self resurfacing as she spends more time with the contestants. She grapples with an undeniable attraction to Connor, recognizing the responsibilities he bears as a father and his professional obligations, compounded by the anti-fraternization policy in their workspace. The question lingers: Could her soulmate be someone who observes from behind the camera, a silent presence brooding as he witnesses her interactions with other men? Connor Prince, documentary filmmaker and single father, loves his work in large part because it allows him to live near his daughter.

I loved this book! Basically because I too have fallen victim to those crazy dating shows! Yes! It’s true! They’re fun, wild and make for good escapism! Sparks fly when a romance novelist and a documentary filmmaker join forces to craft the perfect Hollywood love story and take both of their careers to the next level—but only if they can keep the chemistry between them from taking the whole thing off script—from the New York Times bestselling authors of The Soulmate Equation and The Unhoneymooners.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment