276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Will Find You: From the #1 bestselling creator of the hit Netflix series Stay Close

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

David has been serving time for 5 years for the murder of his 3-year-old son, Matthew. A visit from his sister-in-law, Rachel, changes everything.

Every character has his/her own flaws, story and challenges, and this drama has carefully developed the characters and help them grow to meet and overcome their hurdles. The office culture here is very heart-warming; everyone is watching out for each other’s well-being and they are united like a big family. It wasn't until my daughter disappeared in Paris yesterday. She and her friend were marked by a spotter at the airport. Albanians took her.Is this book a little out there in terms of what David gets away with - yes. Did I care - no! I couldn't get enough of the crazy and intense story. It was really cleverly down, and really hard to put down. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. David is serving time in prison for murder. The victim…his son Matthew. David has maintained his innocence from day one, but don’t they all? Everyone has long since moved on with their lives. Now five years into his sentence, his now (ex) sister-in-law Rachel pays him a visit. She hands David a picture of a boy in an amusement park. A boy with a striking resemblance to his deceased son Matthew!

As soon as David sees the photo, he starts planning to escape from the prison to find his son’s whereabouts. Absolutely brain numbing boring. Seems to be written for Netflix rather than a great novel. This isn’t my first let down with a Coben book and to be honest I might try one more then that’s it.

GIFs

Rewatch Value 8.5 This is a feel-good drama you can watch to unwind after a long day to destress, or watch an episode here and there in between daily life. Much of this fell into place; but this did not matter. I was spurred on for David and Rachel to fight the good fight, turn the tables on the awful privileged rich folk and solve this heinous crime. David was a fighter who appeared to have given up, and his partner in crime Rachel was good value. I loved these characters, hated many of the others and did not have an affinity for Cheryl or the man she later married while David was in prison. This song captivates me still, after 50+ years. Takes me to the deep South and the poverty of some who lived thru truly hard times. And the powerful spirit of a poor young girl being abandoned to her future with only a red dress and her wits to keep her alive. She not only stayed alive, she turned her hard beginnings around, became self sufficient, successful and someone with respect for herself. She didn't let the naysayers and judgers stop her. She's the one sitting in the drivers seat at the end. The story has similarities with one of my favorite Korean series “ Defendant” and the famous TV show/ Harrison Ford’s remake movie “Fugitive “! It hooks you up from the beginning! It captivates your heart, your soul, your mind at the same time. You cannot stop finishing. The pressure escalates at each chapter. You chant for David, screaming “ Run! Run! Run!”

Imprisoned for life, refusing visitors and accepting his fate. Learning to defend himself, it seems he has survived thus far. Life turns sharply when David’s sister-in-law Rachel turns up unannounced. What she has to say will spur David to emerge from his languor and fight for his son and his freedom.

David's life was over when he was charged with murdering his 3-year-old son Matthew. His wife has since moved on and remarried. While serving a life sentence at Maine's penitentiary, David refused visitors but after five years his ex sister-in-law Rachel has a chance to see David and shows him photos of a young boy who looks very much like Matthew. I’m now used to Weber narrating Coben stories and he’s the perfect choice for his kind of storytelling. He’s gifted and he helped ratchet up the tension and excitement. And, he does sarcasm like no other. I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you. Did a Ghost Writer do this one? The dialogue between FBI Agents is ridiculous and get ready for word fillers galore! Want to know every burger on the menu? No worries you’ll get them all. Things get regurgitated like he was 5 years in prison, yep we got that the first time. I cannot believe so many reviewers are giving this 5 stars. According to some reviewers he pulls off a disaster now and then so I think this is one of those.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment