276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Can You See Me Series Collection 3 Books Set By Libby Scott, Rebecca Westcott (Ways to Be Me, Do You Know Me?, Can You See Me?)

£10.495£20.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Tally's autism means there are things that bother her even though she wishes they didn't. It means that some people misunderstand, her and feel frustrated by her.

Tally’s autism means there are things that bother her even though she wishes they didn’t. It means that some people misunderstand, her and feel frustrated by her. It is early days but I really think this book is going to change a lot about how I think about things and how I support my daughter.Tally is eleven years old and she’s just like her friends. Well, sometimes she is. If she tries really hard to be. Because there’s something that makes Tally not the same as her friends. Something she can’t cover up, no matter how hard she tries: Tally is autistic. Tally knows she’s different: she’s autistic, meaning she sees and feels everything differently to her friends and family. Now, as she enters this new stage in her life, she is painfully aware of the way she is perceived and feeling an almost unbearable pressure to try to fit in. But what exactly are the rules for being “normal”? in Schools Catalogue 2023–24, 2495 in Education Catalogue 2023–24 and 1091 in SCB Offer September 2023 Format Tally isn't ashamed of being autistic -- even if it complicates life sometimes, it's part of who she is. But this is her first year at Kingswood Academy, and her best friend, Layla, is the only one who knows. And while a lot of other people are uncomfortable around Tally, Layla has never been one of them . . . until now.

This is a challenging read about a family learning to understand and deal with Tally’s condition. Because the author has this type of condition, the text is very honest. Tally’s diary entries are another way that the author lets the reader inside Tally’s mind. “It feels like being trapped in a scary persuasive brain that makes me believe incorrect and extreme thoughts." Tally just wants people to try to accept her for who she is. "When I'm behaving at my worst, it actually means I'm struggling the most." A great window read aloud to help students understand autism in a new way. A coming-of-age story about learning to celebrate yourself -- and teaching the world to recognize you, too -- perfect for fans of R. J. Palacio's Wonder! Recommended for readers with autism who will feel genuinely seen and for those desiring to see others more clearly. When Libby’s mum shared a short piece of Libby’s writing online it soon went viral, with tens of thousands of people saying that Libby’s writing helped them understand autism for the first timeThis is really quite a profound book that should be high on the list for anyone interested in Autism. A unique view inside our world.

I didn't care for the narrative writing style, because it was often detached and dry, and when parts of the book went on and on without advancing the plot or characters significantly, I sometimes skimmed ahead to the next engaging action. I love slice-of-life stories, but parts of this were too ordinary and detailed for my tastes, because they didn't tie into the plot or emotional current of the story, or else fulfilled the exact same purpose as a dozen other scenes. A deftly told story that dramatizes how Danes appointed themselves bodyguards—not only for their king, who was in the habit of riding alone in Copenhagen, but for their Jews. With diary entries written by eleven-year-old Libby Scott, based on her own experiences of autism, this pioneering book, written in collaboration with esteemed author Rebecca Westcott, has been widely praised for its realistic portrayal of autism.Tally is starting secondary school and she’s anxious about lots of things. Acclimatising to new surroundings and learning the ways of different teachers is tough. Plus there's the boy who calls her names, and her friends from primary school who she's always depended on before have started talking about things that just don't interest her (like boys) and cautioning her when her behaviour is embarrassing.

Tally has autism which includes a very difficult condition known as demand avoidance. What that means is if someone tells her to do something straight out, she absolutely can not do it. This condition makes her behavior hard to understand, at times. Nell, her older sister, doesn’t want to understand and just wants Tally to be normal and do what she’s supposed to do. Even Tally’s Dad, at times, forgets how he’s supposed to phrase things and often his words lead to confrontation.Imagine, every day having a ball of anxiety and fear knotted inside you. Now try learning algebra with all that going on."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment