276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hero (Marry the Scot, #3)

£6.62£13.24Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At 17, there's no way this lass is right for me. She's my best friend's sister and five years younger than me. But she's gorgeous. Confident. A musician who plays a violin like it's a part of her. Gordain grabbed my hand and slung the heavy bag over his shoulder like it was weightless. He kept me at his side, half dragging me out of the French doors.

The sheer delight dancing in Gordain’s eyes told me he felt the same. With a last glance around us, he moved the controls, and the helicopter took to the skies.Her books have had a powerful impact, with many of them leaving a strong impression on her audience long after they’ve finished. Always invested in her storylines, she’s managed to entertain in a manner quite unlike any other, showing a clear passion for her art. Many of her stories resonate emotionally too, getting straight to the heart of the subject matter, and really finding something else. There’s plenty more to come too, as she will carry on writing for a long time yet, with many books planned upon the horizon. I held my breath. Gordain couldn’t just walk in here and grab me. Richard wouldn’t allow it. Then a memory hit me, and my heart gave an almighty thump. I enjoyed it very much how the Author gave each character there own POV.. but still forced on the two MC’s which was Struan aka Ruin and Thea. Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Libra Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Librarians Group is the official group for requesting additions or updates to the catalog, including: Defective?” Her eyes darted between Lou’s expression of fake sympathy and the small bite of scone Callum hadn’t eaten yet. “It looked fine.”

Wasp has worked hard, building his name as a photographer, but he’s never forgotten the woman who first stole his heart. At a red-carpet photo shoot, his pulse races when he sees Taylor. No way does he expect her to be naked in his room within the hour. Gordain's military career is in freefall after a night he doesn't remember. His burning need for his Gourdain. For me, he is the highlight of this book. He is handsome (always a plus), a sexy Scottish Highlander (who doesn’t love a man in a kilt), ruggedly capable in most situations (he seems to save everyone), and he’s broken, the hallmark of a well-written hero (at least to me). Don’t get me wrong. I absolutely love Ella’s character in this book. She has a wisdom and grit about her that it never really feels like you are reading a 17/18-year-old heroine. She easily matches Gourdain, who also has a worldliness about him. But it’s Gourdain’s struggle with himself that provides the true depth to this book. He can be frustrating at times because he makes choices counter to his heart, and it causes issues between him and Ella. However, he comes to the rescue when it’s needed and redeems himself within the story. He’s kind, broody, so sexy, and incredibly capable, even when he wraps himself in his head. If you love swoony, broken heroes, then you absolutely need to read Hero.

Ella has finally broken out of her gilded cage, but with her limited life experience, she doesn’t trust I didn’t see it in the display.” The woman scowled. “I specifically asked if you had any scones, and you said you were out.” Ridiculous maybe, but only now, with my sweat cooling and adrenaline churning in my stomach, did I realise I was about to fly. The blades above our heads rotated, speeding up. The sound levels escalated to deafening proportions. I feel like we got to know him more than Thea, and as someone who falls in love with books because of their heroes, I am A-OK with that. There was so much going on in this book, so much to try to figure out, that it couldn't just simply be a romantic story. Besides, absence must definitely make the heart grow fonder, and the chemistry even hotter, because those two SIZZLED when they did get together. HOT! To quote the Scottish poet Robert Burns in “To a Mouse:” “The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men/ Gang aft agley.” When translated in English, the phrase means that the best plans of mice and men can often go awry. Such was the lesson of Ella Fitzroy and Gordain McRae in Hero Marry the Scot #3 by Jolie Vines. ***Cue music: Bonnie Tyler’s “Holding out for a Hero.” ***

Initially published on the Kindle platform, this would first arrive in 2020 on the 15th of October to much acclaim. Setting up the fifth book in the ongoing ‘Wild Scots’ series of novels, it would feature its own steamy romances and stand-alone story. Following on thematically, the books featuring powerful Scottish men in passionate romances, and this book is no different. My only disappointed was, I wish I would have held off until the other audiobooks were released to start this series. I will definitely be continuing this series and would recommend this book. From an early age, Jolie lived in a fantasy world and is never happier than when plot dreaming. Jolie loves her heroes to be one-woman guys. Whether they are a huge Highlander, a touch starved earl, or a brooding pilot, they will adore their loved one until the end of time. Elinor! Come here, you stupid little b*tch.” Richard’s voice reverberated through the halls, and an almighty crash followed—a table thrown over, or a bookcase, perhaps. I’m not a huge fan of New Adult stories and although Ella is only 17 at the beginning of the book, by the time it ends a number of years have passed which I have to say pleased me.While I loved Gordain's brother, Callum in Storm the Castle, I think I enjoyed this story even more. Gordain is the kind of tortured hero I like to read about. He has high standards for himself, and when he feels he has done something to besmirch his honor, his disappointment in himself is the stuff of legend. He cannot see the hero in himself that Ella sees, and he cannot see the worthiness that his brothers see. All he sees is his mess. These would help establish her as a fully fledged author in time, creating a name for her quite unlike any other. Many of these would continue as time went on, each featuring different running themes and ideas running throughout. Often featuring Scottish protagonists, her books would be varied, as she carries on producing novels, writing more and more to this day. Elinor!” Richard called, his voice closer, as if he was coming down the stairs. “You can’t hide forever.” The opening of this book is tense and so many questions. Ferry on a rainy day, English girl find a Scottish boy chain to rail in the rain and NO ONE makes a comment and when her dad has a few whiskies he says there Darkness on this Island...no spoilers

God! It had been Gordain, creating a distraction. In a cautious crouch, I pushed the door ajar and peeked outside. Nothing moved in the opulent room. JOLIE VINES is a romance novelist who lives in the South West of England with her husband and young son. Listen. Here’s what we’re going to do.” He ran his free hand over his shorn fair hair, then his fierce gaze finally fell on mine.

Ruin is very different from Jolie Vines other books. It's dark and mysterious and not at all a fun, happy read. The writing was excellent, the setting of Scotland with a broody hero my favorite, and bringing the McRaes into the story made me one happy reader. Aside from those things, this is not your typical book by this author. Pffff I loved everything in it, the struggle between Gordain and Ella, the difficulties they are challenged with .... That was my excuse for freezing up. For staring at the line of his jaw and having the most compelling urge to touch his light scruff.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment