276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Matfer Bourgeat 062005 Frying pan, Steel, Gray

£57.495£114.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It might look like any other pan, but don’t be fooled - it’s heavy and can be a bit of a struggle to maneuver around the kitchen. They get about as hot as the floors of empty pans, especially thick disk pans without conductive sidewalls. This particular pan only has about nine inches of cooking area whereas the top rim dimensions are more than 11 inches.

Use it as a daily driver like this for a week, and it will be jet black, beautiful and non-stick in no time. Finally, on my new induction cooktop, I can now make passable pancakes on my cast irons without the adapters though, so that’s the end of me using them. THE GOOD: Good things about carbon in general - if properly seasoned, and used with adequate fat in frying, it will be non-stick. Matfer Bourgeat pans are of the highest quality and past winners of the Chefs' Choice Award for Best Pan Brand. What’s more, compared to other highly rated and comparably sized carbon steel pans, the Matfer Bourgeat is highly affordable—and performs just as well, if not better, than options that cost twice as much.Like all Smithey skillets, the interior features our signature polished finish that when seasoned is naturally non-stick and easy to clean.

And as long as you take care to remove food from the pan after removing it from the heat, your food should come out perfectly cooked every time. I don't plan to use this pan for lemon or lime juice, wines etc to make pan sauces or tinned tomatoes etc - acidy stuff that removes the seasoning. the American subsidiary for the Group, has now been serving America’s foodservice industry for 25 years.

To start, I seared a bone-in, skin-on chicken thigh in the pan to see how quickly and evenly the pan could brown the protein—a direct result of heat conductivity and retention. So I would defintely say the thickness played a role in how easily the pan warped - but I’m not sure it’s the only reason. Also, there is nothing harmful or poisonous being released if the seasoning deteriorates from acidic foods, you’ll just loose the non-stick and have to season the pan again. We do this to ensure that the wok heats up quickly when placed on the hob and cools down fast when the heat is removed, an essential requirement for stir-fry cooking.

The end stays cool even after cooking on high heat, so it came in handy as I was able to turn the pan without using mitts. The sloped sides of the pan make the pan look wider, but it would be prudent to check the size of the base. Quality and service are commitments through all processes of design, manufacturing, logistics, marketing and maximum safety requirements.While the handle is longer than cast-iron pans, it was advantageous to have as the handle does get very hot near the base. Overall, the issues are very minor and the Matfer carbon steel pan is really fun and rewarding to use.

With just a little bit of fat on the Matfer pan, your fried eggs will slip and slide around the pan all day.Considering all the benefits, it’s a wonder why every home kitchen in America doesn’t have at least one carbon steel skillet. It is among a handful of suppliers worldwide that are able to provide a complete range of kitchen utensils and equipment for any foodservice establishment. I fried some eggs, which wanted to stick a lot more than last time but not too badly, and seared some steak, which turned out with a great crust.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment