276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pure Effect: Direct Mindreading and Magical Artistry

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In Bob Cassidy’s work, including his extraordinary Mental Miracles DVD, he argues that we should avoid the typical “card trick” or the use of cards to in your own mental miracle.

Brown describes an epiphany when he sat at a table and imagined what it would be like to be a typical diner being approached by one of us, a table-hopper. Arguably, getting something for totally free will get a true MoneySaver's heart pumping faster than any cardio workout ever could. If they are going to all that trouble to produce fake illegal copies, one wonders why they didn't do it with the first edition that apparently everyone (not me) is after?The real "rare" version of "Pure Effect" is the first spiral bound edition which I believe was only available after his lecture at the International Magic Convention, and possibly at one of Duncan Trillo's Mind Magic events.

As an afterthought, the magician spreads a deck of cards that was previously given to another observer to hold—within it lies the now reversed named card. Brown offers in an early discussion of "My Aims and Priorities:" "Enough magicians have asked me about the wisdom of combining magic and mind-reading in performance. But as I say, the stated rationale for not re-publishing the books seemed to me to be very strangely or awkwardly worded.One of the chapters is entitled: “Enhancing your attractiveness to the spectator” and it is all about he, as a man, essentially seduces female spectators to build rapport. Neither books are concerned much with what he's done on TV, and he's always been very open about the magic content of what he does. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Then again, the castle notebooks still seem to be in great demand, and Erdnase will always remain out of my reach. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

His florid writing style is often very amusing but its excesses often render it rather twee; one is occasionally left gasping for a breath of simplicity. There is much more material to be found in Pure Effect, and much of it is far more certain in its outcome. to amaze the experts, drawing from hypnotic skills and breathtaking psychological artistry This is brand new mindreading without compromise;. Also, one should not discount the fact that Derren Brown thinks it's very funny to stir up trouble occasionally. Even though the theory was better presented, the tone affected in these passages is quite distasteful from time to time.

Lift is an effect which involves a Hypnotised subject having their hand stuck to a table and only raising it when Derren raises his own hand. Together we will bring this bright goodness to the surface and polish it until it shimmers and dances, beckons and seduces. Brown frankly appears to attach little importance—but is in fact a theatrical question, and that the traditional effects and approaches of mentalism, by their very nature, have too long lived their meager lives out somewhere between the desert towns of Dullsville and Endoftheline. A reasonably succesful mentalist releases a couple of books containing some of his most powerful material.

He has produced several shows the stage and television and is the winner of two Laurence Olivier Awards for Best Entertainment. I realized how easily a chirpy, adequate magician would have made me cringe and been utterly out of place. Absolute Magic is Derren's take on performance (and contains no effects), and Pure Effect is about effects. We have a dog-eared version of The Royal Road to Card Magic, Principles and Deceptions (with original leather cover), the Tarbell Set (soon to get on CD – tough to dog-ear a CD), Expert at the Card Table, Claudine the Circus Woman (we wrote it so we feel it is special), Bobo’s Coin Magic, and The Lindsay Lohan Illustrated History – Volume II. Derren then describes the memory the person is visualising in minute detail, right down to specifics such as the music playing in the background and the people also present.Oh, yes, this is a provocative book indeed—and by no means do I endorse or agree with every idea proposed herein. It is a very entertaining book just to read, it has great insights into presentation and performance, and some pretty advanced tricks. The material ranges from the ephemeral—risky conceptions like two purely verbal (if somewhat heavy-handed) card forces—to the demanding but practical—such as an extended and cleverly constructed routine (somewhat reminiscent of Rene Lavand's work), in which, despite the fact that the audience repeatedly shuffles the cards, the magician is able to convincingly divine quantities of cards in sequence. So, in a bid to combine fitness with frugality, I've rounded up 20 ways you can exercise and get fit without spending a penny, both outdoors and at home.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment