276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Confidence of Wildflowers (Wildflower Duet Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When tourism was connected to beautification, with wildflower trails, wildflower festivals, great gardens, we pretty much took the word beauty out of the sole province of the "ladies at a tea party" to the province of the business community. She has a boyfriend, though he is going to college in the fall, and a longtime friend who longs for a bigger world outside of their small hometown. Anyways, one aspect that continues to both amaze and bother me is how every character in this duet consistently praises Salem, emphasizing her goodness, selflessness, and the need for her to be less hard on herself.

I didn’t cry as the preacher spoke of life and death, the inevitability of it all despite a life well lived.Also, I was scared because I felt like all type of cliches in age gap romance will be thrown here and it has so many tropes that I feel that is hard not to put the traditional cliche of the tropes if that makes sense. I thought the second book would pick up right from where it left off but instead it takes place 5-6 years later! never going to stop thinking about thayersalem i’m sick and need the next book bc what the fuck was that ending? As the cancer consumed his body, eating away at his muscle, tissue, every little bit of him—I didn’t cry.

He isn’t allowed a single moment of hurt that she lied to him for 6 years, that she kept his daughter away from him for 6 years, that he missed 6 years of his daughter’s life after already suffering the loss of all those years he would never have with his son, and that she married another man who raised his daughter for 6 years. Overall, I know that this book won't be for everyone because Micalea pulls out ALL the stops for this novel--and some people wont be able to handle that. I felt absolutely heartbroken when her mother confesses that she has breast cancer, but I was glad when she survived the chemo and surgery though it seemed unfair for a woman who went through hell to have to go through this too.I understand her decision considering she thought A) He was with other people B) He had lost his child, and nothing was fixing his pain C) She was young and needed to grow up quickly. Meanwhile the hero did lots of cute things in the time they were apart that showed he still loved her. I can understand the appeal of a child (I can’t), but every sentence he spoke was so clearly thought by an adult that it was just so hilarious😭😭. It seems she can’t leave her house without him being there, even in the wee morning hours before the sun. But she isn’t even all that sad over lying to Thayer, and it seems like she never would have told him the truth if she hadn’t moved back home to take care of her mom, which makes me even angrier about the whole thing.

The Endurance of Wildflowers - When I met Thayer Holmes, I had no idea how much he would single-handedly change my life. I loved how much Thayer cared for Salem and all the little things he did without her knowing because he just wanted her to know that she mattered and that someone cared for her. The characters are sensitively portrayed, as is their recovery, and the hopeful ending is realistic. It’s the people you love and the simple moments— dancing in the kitchen together, sitting down and having a meal together, just existing. Obviously book one owns a special part of my heart and I couldn't even compare them but still I really this one as well.I'm not sure how I feel about the turn the plot took at the end and how this book ends with our couple (it is book one in a duet). The end of book 1 should have been a third act breakup, the beginning of this book should have been the end of book 1 and 75% of this book could have been condensed to a few epilogue chapters. Example: MC dares utter the phrase “It’s ok” to try tell him to chill out after he fires a guy from his landscaping company for disrespecting her.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment