276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ikea UPPSPEL gaming desk, 180x80 cm, black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Storage & organisation Furniture Textiles Kitchenware & tableware Kitchens Lighting Decoration Rugs, mats & flooring Beds & mattresses Baby & children Smart home Bathroom products Laundry & cleaning Plants & plant pots Home electronics Home improvement Outdoor living Food & beverages Christmas Shop Shop by room Durable, hardwearing and matte surface that is easy on your eyes since the light reflection is low. Gamers globally know and love the Republic of Gamers brand and they trust it to deliver the most exciting gaming innovations in the market,” says Kris Huang, General Manager of the ASUS Gaming Gear and Accessory Business Unit. “Our new partnership with the experts at IKEA will allow Republic of Gamers to find new and interesting ways to delight gamers in and around the home.” The safety castors have a pressure-sensitive brake mechanism that keeps the chair in place when you stand up, and releases automatically when you sit down. In construction, the desk is somewhat challenging to put together, the legs are an extremely tight fit to the top bar, making it difficult to get them to sit correctly to screw in. The sliding bars on the top could do with some kind of tactile bump to find the correct spot to tighten as the instructions themselves are somewhat vague on where the alignment point is.

At IKEA, we have a long history of developing smart home furnishing solutions, but we are novices at gaming. To be able to create a high-performing solutions for a gaming setup, IKEA partnered with a real expert in the world of gaming – Republic of Gamers (ASUS ROG). ROG, ASUS sub-brand, keeps the leading position in gaming industry and designing high quality, innovative hardware and gear for gamers. ASUS ROG has in-depth knowledge of the gaming industry and want to find new ways to make gaming blend into the home. Combining the best of these two worlds, the collaboration aimed to democratise the gaming experience, by creating relevant, functional, beautiful and affordable products and complete gaming solutions to make it easier for everyone to create the desired gaming setup. The difficulties in construction give me slight concern for the longevity of the desk, as it may be introducing unintended strain, but I guess I'll have to see how it holds up. Vánoce Nábytek Textilní výrobky Úložné díly a organizéry Kuchyňský nábytek a spotřebiče Kuchyňské a stolní nádobí Dekorace Postele a matrace Pro děti a miminka Koupelnový nábytek Rostliny a květináče Domácí elektronika Výrobky pro venkovní použití Koberce, předložky a podlahy Osvětlení Chytrá domácnost Praní a čištění Vylepšení domácnosti Potraviny a nápoje Místnosti The armrests follow your movements and can be adjusted in height, which reduces strain on your arms and shoulders. We know a lot about gamer needs, pain points and expectations, and we want to design solutions for ultimate, immersive gaming experiences.” – says Johnny Chan, Asus Republic of Gamers designer.Gamers globally know and love the ROG brand and they trust it to deliver the most exciting gaming innovations in the market,” says Kris Huang, General Manager of the ASUS Gaming Gear and Accessory Business Unit. “Our new partnership with the experts at IKEA will allow ROG to find new and interesting ways to delight gamers in and around the home.” We believe there’s a lot to be done to democratise the gaming experience”, says Ewa Rychert, Global Business Leader of Workspace, IKEA of Sweden.” Now we take the first step on our gaming journey, and we do it by presenting affordable, high-performing gaming products and complete solutions that we hope reflect people’s personality and taste”. The needs of billions of gamers around the globe are very diverse, whereas the existing offer is rather technical and often perceived as masculine design-wise, despite around 46% of gamers being female. We believe there’s a lot to be done to democratise the gaming experience”, says Ewa Rychert, Global Business Leader of Workspace, IKEA of Sweden. ”Now we take the first step on our gaming journey, and we do it by presenting affordable, high-performing gaming products and complete solutions that we hope reflect people’s personality and taste”.

We want our products to offer better ergonomics and functions so that gamers can become even better at what they do without wearing out their bodies – become better athletes, basically.” – says Jon Karlsson, IKEA designer. I have had standing desk converters off and on over the years with a recent Varidesk Proplus 48. While it was roomy enough, the wobble drove me batty. I looked at several different desks but landed on the Uppspel after significant agony and research.The height of the electric underframe can be adjusted from 72 to 120 cm, so you can always sit or stand at a comfortable height. The desk feels pretty stable even with a heavy load (I keep my PC on the desk rather than near the floor) and when leaning against it even when elevated. The max height gives plenty clearance to actually allow you to make changes under the desk whilst seated, an unexpected boon. The new gaming range will target PC gamers and include six product families: HUVUDSPELARE, UTESPELARE, MATCHSPEL, GRUPPSPEL, UPPSPEL, LÅNESPELARE. All UPPSPEL products have been designed by IKEA and ROG in close collaboration. The remaining product families have been developed by IKEA based on the insights and knowledge gained from the collaboration to ensure the width of the total gaming offer and to meet the various needs of IKEA customers in terms of function, design and price. So far, the actual functioning of the desk has been great, the travel is smooth and the control unit lets you set and record fairly precise height increments. There are 2.5 billion gamers around the world, a diverse group united by their love of e-sports and gaming – and by being an overlooked group from a life-at-home perspective. But that is about to change: the new gaming range developed by IKEA in collaboration with Republic of Gamers (ROG) was launched at IKEA China on January 29, 2021.

Wobble - there is some when its fully extended and I am typing (I am 6'1) but its minor. Sitting, there is no wobble (nor would I expect any). ts 1000% better than my converter. I do think it would be more noticeable if my monitors were on arms - they will remain grounded on this desk. I really like this desk. Ryan I am really enjoying this desk. Assembly was reasonably easy (did it solo and it wasn’t too hard). A couple of the screws connecting the legs to the stand were challenging to screw in as they were a tight fit. Overall though the desk assembly instructions were easy to follow. The motor on the desk is quiet and fast (I like how it slows down as it reaches the saved height). Winter holidays Furniture Storage & organization Beds & mattresses Kitchen & appliances Home textiles Lighting Baby & kids Home décor Kitchenware & tableware Rugs, mats & flooring Bathroom Outdoor Plants & planters Home electronics Pet accessories Home improvement Laundry & cleaning Smart home IKEA Food & Swedish restaurant Home Accessories

Do you usually sit or stand when playing, or something in between? You can pre-set this desk at 4 height positions and easily change the height with the touch of a button. Love the desktop. Its "solid" - I am not concerned about the structure integrity. I am going to use a desk pad to avoid "wear" in heavy used areas. With an ever-increasing number of gamers– around 2,5 bln worldwide – and a rapidly growing market, getting into gaming was a natural step for IKEA, aiming to create a better everyday life for the many people – and the many gamers among them.

The rest of the series have been developed by IKEA based on the insights and knowledge gained from the collaboration to ensure the width of the total gaming offer and to meet the various needs of gamers in terms of function, design and price.In the top drawer you can store small things, and in the larger drawer furthest down there is room to hide all those things that you want close at hand. Gaming is more than a fun past-time. It is a way to wind down and take your mind off everyday hassles, and to connect with people everywhere. For some, it is even a livelihood. With an ever-increasing number of gamers worldwide and a rapidly growing market, getting into gaming was a natural step for IKEA. The desk was easy to put together - it shows putting the desk top on with it upright -it was a challenge to line up the holes - even with help.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment