276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Luxury Bamboo Toilet Paper - 370 Sheets/Roll, Plastic Free, Eco Friendly, Septic Safe, Biodegradable Bath Tissue with Soft, Quick Dissolving 3 Ply Sheets - Double-Length Bamboo Toilet Rolls

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

According to the Guardian, some of the major toilet paper brands have slowed or even reversed the use of recycled paper in their products, leading to even more unnecessary deforestation. Strength: Not only are they soft, but they're also made from bamboo, so as you can imagine, they're pretty strong.

The price point is very low, giving lower income families better access to eco friendly toilet paperThe toilet paper comes in 180 soft and strong sheets per roll and at 120 grams per roll is 20% heavier than typical recycled rolls. As one of only a few 4-ply toilet rolls on this list, the quilted paper is one of the softest eco friendly toilet papers around and is basically the Andrex of the eco toilet roll world. While the sheet count of each roll is 150, this is reflected in the price (just over 60p per roll). As someone who hates the whole ‘branding’ thing, I’m definitely a big fan of Bamboo Bobbi. They’re simple, to the point and more importantly incredibly sustainable. Lily Anderson is a Senior Commercial Writer at Bauer Media, where she tests products for titles such as Heat, Closer, What’s the Best and Mother&Baby. While neither recycled or made from bamboo, Soft On Nature are a decent intermediate choice for those who want to introduce more sustainable toilet roll into their lives but perhaps can’t afford the high prices of the current best eco friendly toilet paper options.

UPDATE: Having tried a few more brands since originally publishing this article, we have a new favourite! The toilet roll is made ethically in the UK and thus creates less emissions than what is typically associated with bamboo toilet roll which is commonly grown and manufactured in Asia. Fortunately there are some pioneering brands emerging who are offering high quality bamboo toilet paper as well as recycled toilet paper, paving the way for us to finally flush away deforesting corporations. Dr. Marchione goes onto explain, "Unscented, thinner, cheaper and more greyish looking toilet papers are less likely to contain additives, so look for these if you find that you have skin irritation after using toilet paper." First there’s the raw materials, then the manufacturing process and location, followed by transportation. There’s no getting away that creating any product has some form of impact. However, this environmental impact can be greatly reduced depending on how you go about production and the materials used.They’re also free from any inks, dyes and bleaching.Typical toilet roll uses bleaching to get the white colour,hence Bamboo Bobbi’s toilet paper being closer to brown than white. Bazoo is a small UK start-up who make eco friendly toilet paper. Bazoo was founded in 2021 by Sanmarie Grobler and Tom Trow. They both met at university and wanted to start a business with impact to help protect our planet. I’ve spoken to Sanmarie and she’s great.

With 27,000 trees a day being cut down to cope with the world’s toilet paper demand, a move towards eco friendly toilet paper is one we should all make.Want to know more about toilet paper than what to buy? We've pulled together some helpful FAQs to help answer some burning questions that you might have. Toilet paper FAQs: Where can I buy toilet paper online? As long as toilet paper is stored in the right condition and isn't damaged, it can last for a very long time. However, if the toilet paper gets wet, it will then become unusable. Which toilet paper is safe for septic systems? Combining environmentally friendly toilet paper with an admirable ethos, Who Gives A Crap’s soft but strong toilet rolls are ideal for anyone looking to make a green change in their bathroom. According to Dr. Victor Marchione, "Pruritus (itching of the skin) is a common problem that many people experience at some point in their lives."

Senior Commercial Content Writer, Lily Anderson, said, "I never thought I'd be analysing toilet paper, but here I am."

🍪 Privacy & Transparency

Almost all bamboo comes from China. This isn’t negative in its own right, but it does mean that the materials or product needs to be shipped across the world to the UK. I’ll look for clarification on this. While the price tag looks quite high, per sheet it’s on par with many of the regular loo roll companies such as Andrex and the strength of the rolls ensure they last much longer than cheaper brands. Basically, they’re not the cheapest toilet roll brand in the world but they’re not the most expensive either.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment