276°
Posted 20 hours ago

IK Multimedia iLoud MTM Compact Studio Monitor Speaker 2-Way 100W RMS - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

iLoud MTM is in a structure that can receive firmware updates. They added the 80 Hz option to the 40, 50, 60 Hz low cut line. In this way, the device eliminates its own sub area and offers a nice opportunity for a possible subwoofer. The result is iLoud MTM, and it changes everything about the sound, accuracy and convenience of reference monitors in today’s modern studio. To sum it up MTM is best possible option for most music producers. If iLouds are out of your budget you may without a doubt save some money on buying audio interface, mics, soft and even (don't hit me) acoustic treatment. The calibration technology is perfect. 1 minute to spend and they sound absolutely precisely, accurately and beautifully if room you're working in is any better than an absolutely empty metal barrel.

IK Multimedia’s two studio monitors, the iLoud Micro Monitor and the larger iLoud MTM have created quite a stir in the music industry due to the combination of diminutive size and accurate sound. The second, labelled Score, starts with the first one and adds the score as an optimization variable.There are three calibration settings to choose from. IK’s proprietary ARC calibration system compensates for room acoustics using the measurement microphone. To be honest my initial thought was to buy some decent passive hi-fi speakers and external amp for them. That's more serious stuff that many pro producers advice to use. So I was browsing Youtube looking for some comparison tests. And I found out that MTMs which I've being ignoring for quite a long time because of their size and price have some unique and undeniable advantages. Working with a system similar to ARC3, a room correction software from IK Multimedia, iLoud MTM has its own fast correction system. The monitor calibration process, which consists of 7x3 stages with ARC3, takes only 10 seconds in MTM's own system. Personally, I found the option named FLAT (without adjustment) more suited to my own way of working than iLoud's own calibration.

Also I would like to highlight how good MTMs are in creating phantom center feeling. You may see VOXs, bass drums, snare and bass as if in the palm of your hand. You can buy the iLoud MTM monitors as a pair or as single units. Buying them singly means you get an extra sparemeasurement microphone for the same price! If you don’t have to move the monitors, and you have space for the slightly larger footprint, the MTM monitors have the advantage of ARC calibration, so you can adapt the sound to suit your room.There's a typical compliment of adjustments on the rear panel, but the star of the show is undoubtedly the built-in ARC calibration. Simply position the included mic in your normal listening position, plug it in to each speaker (one at a time), hold down the calibration button for a few seconds, and let each do it's thing for about 20 seconds. I don't know what exactly is going on with the DSP in these, but it's definitely more than just an eq curve. It's good. Damn good.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment