276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Army Painter Speed Paint 2.0 Mega Set, 50 Model Paint Set of Contrast Paints including Paint Shaker Mixing Balls for Miniature Painting with Free Army Painter Brush

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thanks for the review. Reactivation is a deal-killer for many painters, and I also dislike how other video “reviewers” don’t mention it. I guess the need for free product is great. Anyway, Goobertown Hobbies created a DIY contrast mix, and NotifyGrout posted his version on Lead Adventurers. It uses the same materials as Les Bursley’s wash, which I’ve been using for years and which the erstwhile Secret Weapon Miniatures used for their wash line.

The mecca of one-coat paint solution sets, the Speedpaint Complete Set features every Speedpaint colour in existence! That includes all 23 original colours, 42 newly developed colours, 10 Speedpaint Metallics – AND – 12 colours designed by Dana Howl, Watch It Paint It, and Goobertown Hobbies of our Paint Development Team! The set also includes an extra-large 100ml bottle of Speedpaint Medium.

Our revolutionary new Speedpaints Metallics are the easiest way to get metallic effects on your miniatures in one simple application. Speedpaint Metallics are the hobby’s first-ever metallic one-coat painting solution, and this paint set is the fastest way to get your hands on all ten! With colours ranging from rich Talos Bronze, to shimmering Broadsword Silver, and glimmering Hoplite Gold – you have the perfect metallic selection for your hordes of plate mail, carapace, and armour. First off, you’ll notice his wings are loud and announcing his bloody pressence. At first, I thought this was going to be a bit overpowering but as I put the paint on, I enjoyed the color more and more. Maize Yellow made painting one of my most hated colors a breeze, and it was applied so evenly that I can’t imagine using something else. For the bone of the tail and his wings, you’ll notice my beloved Bony Matter paint at work again. His skin I was planning on using Khorne Red, but then I saw the Slaughter Red paint decided to give it a go. It’s dark and easy to look at, a great color for his skin. His weapons I’m still trying to decide on, but i landed on the Forest Sprite green to start the glow of his Daemonic Sword. “Mild”Norman Greeberg If you read this The Army Painter Speedpaint review so far, you’ll have a good impression of Speedpaints strengths and weaknesses. But how can Speedpaints compete with the other One Coat painting solutions like Instant Colours from Scale 75 and Antithesis paints from Warcolours?

If you like what we’re doing here you could really help encourage more content with a share on any social media platform. Why do these exist? Who knows. But I have given them a higher purpose, as guinea pigs for these speedpaints. I found that a coat of varnish helps to fix the problem, but you have to be careful, as the varnish can reactivate the Speedpaints as well. It’s quite annoying because it’s not an issue at all with Games Workshop’s Contrast paints and limits the Speedpaints’ usefulness because the reactivation issue also means that Speedpaints aren’t really suitable for glazing techniques. A single thinned down coat might be fine, but when you glaze multiple layers of Speedpaints over another the paint will reactivate and mess up all your careful glazing work. Multiple layers of glazing with Slaughter Red thinned with Speedpaint Medium Maize Yellow is another favorite color of mine. Yellow is notoriously difficult to paint, and Maize Yellow feels like cheating.Pallid Bone is a bit warmer and softer than Skeleton Horde, Hardened Leather is very similar to Gore-grunta Fur, while Sand Golem is a warm light brown. Dark Wood is like a mix of Wyldwood and Cygor Brown. Crusader Skin is a bit more reddish than Guilliman Flesh. Speedpaints become even more affordable when you get them from our partner stores Wayland Games, Element Games, Firestorm Games, and Taschengelddieb, which offer additional discounts of 10% over RRP. But as soon as I got my hands on the Speedpaint dropper bottles, the first thought I had was “I bet I could airbrush with this.” And I gotta say I’m pretty happy with the results. Plus, there are even three new box sets and even something for retailers! So plenty to sink your teeth into.

Well Hi everyone, but you didn’t expect to see me in one of these!!! I’ve been incredibly slammed with the school year, but that made the Speed Paints a welcome addition to my life. I have three examples for you today: Two completed and one that still needs a little TLC that I’m excited to share. In total, the Speedpaint Mega Set 2.0 features 46 colours, 3 metallics, and 1 Speedpaint Medium – a total of 50 bottles – enabling you to paint beautiful tabletop-quality miniatures in no time! Simply apply one rich coat of Speedpaint directly over a primed miniature and you are done. All colours are using tried and true high-quality heavy pigments. To come up with the 2.0 formula, The Army Painter collaborated with some well-known painters from the YouTube community. A brilliant approach to designing products in my opinion. Goobertown Hobbies, Dana Howl, and “Watch it paint it” were asked to provide their input, and even come up with a bunch of new colours themselves. Speedpaint 2.0 contains a more stable acrylic resin which forms a stronger bond. It is promised to no longer reactivate after a curing time of about 2 hours depending on the environment. Which means there should be a time window of at least 2 hours for blending and reactivation. Or shouldn’t it? Spoiler: yes but no. And yet, the community has divided into those who welcomed reactivation as yet another tool in their painting arsenal and those who prefer their one coat paints to be stable and not reactivating. Let me know in the comments which camp you are. The Army Painter now had the difficult task of responding to the criticism and reconciling both camps. Speedpaint 2.0 review – the new formulaI wanted to try something a bit different with Speedpaints. But before we get to that, let’s go with something traditional. This time, there are three new box sets and even something for retailers! So plenty to sink your teeth into. As you can see, the Speedpaints go on very nicely. With colours like Zealot Yelow, Sand Golem, and Fire Giant Orange you can create interesting shades of copper and gold or go wild and try out bolder metallic hues, like Plasmatic Bolt on the right leg.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment