276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Chillmax Air Pure Chill 2.0 - New, improved, personal air cooler and humidifier

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The ambient humidity in the room where I did the test was about 44%RH. The Chillmax sent that up to over 70%RH. It is this elevation of the humidity of the cooled air which really brings into question whether the Chillmax is worth the investment. The secret is Hydro-Chill Technology, which uses our advanced, silver-infused evaporative air-cooling filter and our enhanced cool-mist system, to pull in warm, dry air and instantly transform it into cool refreshing air. Chillmax Air Pure Chill uses no chemicals or toxic coolants, just ordinary water, and lasts for hours on just one filling! The term ‘humidity’ usually refers to the absolute humidity, which is amount of water in the air. However, the figure most people are referring to is the relative humidity. This is the amount of moisture in the air expressed as a percentage of the maximum amount it could hold at that temperature, hence the units %RH. It’s a complicated subject, but the important factor for us here is that when it is warm or hot, higher absolute humidity is uncomfortable because the amount of moisture in the air relative to the maximum possible is higher. Indeed, you may have seen weather forecasts where they give the actual temperature and the ‘feels like’ equivalent – that’s a reference to the ‘ Heat Index’, which takes into account the effect of the %RH. Here’s a graphical chart for that.

Only the air being directed at you is cooler. Once that slightly cooler air has passed through warmer air, it’ll be close to ambient again. The device cannot cool down a room. It’s far too small for that.

Now, some people might be thinking that a 4ºC is better than nothing at all. And they’d be right if it was just a matter of temperature. But there’s more to it than that. I mentioned that the exhaust from the Chillmax felt ‘softer’. I knew what it was, but my data logger shows it in numbers. Evaporative coolers are a big risk with the humidity we experience in the UK. And especially indoors.

When I first set it up and turned it on, the first thing I noticed was that the fan is quite powerful, so you get a good flow of air directed at you – but note that that it’s only a 5″ computer fan, so it can’t beat a proper desk fan for air flow. The air did seem a little cooler compared with what my desk fan was blowing at me, but it also felt ‘softer’ – that’s very important, and I’ll explain later. But the big question was how much cooler was the exhaust air? Unlike fans that just move warm air around your room, or air conditioners that use nasty chemical coolants, the JML air cooler only uses evaporation and water to operate! ColdSurge • Cryo-Star • Cryo-Star EX • Cryo-Star SL • Cryo-Star XL • Elsen • Endo • FlashFreeze • FrostBite • FullFrost • Kelvid • Taiga •As I’ve already explained, the Chillmax works by evaporating water on fibrous panels by forcing air across them. That water has got to go somewhere, and in this case it comes out with the cooled air as water vapour. In the right light, you can actually see it – it’s essentially fog, so the cooled air is also moistened. And just like when it’s foggy outside, and everywhere gets damp, this water vapour can condense on cooler surfaces. My data logger collected some and began to drip during the test, and I have since discovered that it also condenses on the front grille and can drip periodically, so you’d need to be careful what you had underneath it if you placed it on a shelf. The fan is quite powerful enough to project the drips forward slightly when they drop. Whether to the office, the bedroom or the beach- even in your hot car for those long road trips. With enough charge to hold for months, and enough power to give you up to six hours of personal cooling, you can rely on Chillmax Go Fan to keep you cool all day, wherever you go. Easy-To-Use Power dial the adjustability of the dial on your Chillmax Go Fan means you can have total control of the amount of cool air you create and how much energy you spend. Why have a fan on full blast, wasting unnecessary battery power, when you just need a nice ambient cool atmosphere around your desk. The easy-to-use dial lets you take control of your personal cooling space. Chillmax Go Fan. The Chill Max value will match the peak refresh rate. For example: 60 FPS on a 60Hz display, and 144 FPS on a 144Hz display. The Chill Min value will be one-half of the peak refresh rate. For example: 30 FPS on a 60Hz display, and 72 FPS on a 144Hz display.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment