276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ONEXPLAYER 1S Windows 10 Gaming Handheld PC - with Core i7 11th Gen, Xe Graphics, Thunderbolt, 16GB LPDDR4x RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD [OXP-1S]

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While it is unlikely that Final Fantasy XIV on the Switch will ever exist (in it’s current form, anyways). A good alternative would be using the OneXPlayer instead. While veterans of the genre may balk at the idea of using controllers for an MMO, FFXIV actually has some of the most robust controller support ever seen in the genre. Once I decided to just continue testing this device as if it had never had a touchscreen, I found that I barely missed it. Honestly, if One Netbook sold a version of the ONEXPLAYER without a touchscreen, I might still recommend it as decent handheld gaming computer, because it works almost as well without a touchscreen as it does with one… assuming you set your expectations properly. I wouldn't recommend for everyone as there is a bit of legwork required to get some games working on this, but when you do it's a great experience.

That can make it a little heavy to hold single-handed, or even in two hands for an extended period if you’re only using your arms to support the device. But if you’re sitting or lying down, it’s very easy to balance the bottom of the ONEXPLAYER on your lap while gripping the sides with your hands, so there’s little to no strain on your arms. Pine While I didn’t install any games or test 3D graphics performance with Ubuntu, I was able to connect to the internet and stream some video from YouTube without any trouble.For the gaming benchmarks we are running each game at the same graphics settings and resolution to ensure a more accurate comparison. The GPD Win MAX and Win 3 run at 1280×800 and 1280×720 respectively, while the ONEXPLAYER’s native 2560×1600 is far higher and uses more resources. Forza Horizon 4 Uh huh. For the most part, this thing feels like a finished, production-ready device. But I did run into one problem: shortly after filming an unboxing and first look video, the touchscreen on my demo unit stopped working. There is not a massive difference between the three devices here. They will all perform your day to day tasks just fine. 3DMark

One Netbook offers an optional keyboard accessory for the ONEXPLAYER. The company didn’t send me one, so I haven’t tested it, but the keyboard is designed to magnetically attach to a set of pogo pins on the bottom of the computer and seems to be a soft keyboard that will function sort of like a Microsoft Surface keyboard. The defining trait of the ONEXPLAYER is it’s gargantuan size. With an 8.4-inch screen, it really stretches the limits of what one would define as “portable”. This large, high-resolution (1600p!) screen does provide extremely crisp visuals for movies and games that support its non-standard resolution.The ONEXPLAYER also punches a little above its weight class in gaming and other tasks that put stress on a system’s resources. While most laptops with Intel Tiger Lake chips are configured to run at 15 watts, the ONEXPLAYER is set to a 20 watt TDP by default, and there’s a Turbo button that lets you increase that value to 28 watts for an extra power boost at any time. The ONEXPLAYER is available to buy in two models. There is a choice of Intel Core i5 or Intel Core i7 processor. There a massive 16GB of Dual-Channel LPDDR4X High-Speed RAM. For storage there is 1TB of PCIe 3.0×4 NVMe. It comes with Windows 10 fully licensed, and will run all your favourite software including AAA Windows games! Also unsurprisingly, the Dell laptop with a discrete GPU comes out ahead in most graphics tests. Here are some 3DMark scores, for example: But when I reviewed the original OneGx1 (with a less powerful processor and inferior graphics), I was underwhelmed by those detachable controllers. I thought the computer made a decent mini-laptop, but a less-than-stellar gaming machine.

A nice and useful feature is the built in stand which lifts up. You can then sit the ONEXPLAYER on a flat surface which is great when using it as a desktop PC or watching DroiX videos on YouTube! Top of the ONEXPLAYER 1SWe’ll be headlining this ONEXPLAYER FAQ with the specs of the unit (as we know them to be at the time of writing).

replies on “ONEXPLAYER Review: (Handheld gaming PC with 8.4 inch display, Intel Tiger Lake, and built-in controllers)” One Netbook will be providing an (optional) official keyboard attachment for the device. With this added heft connected, the ONEXPLAYER essentially becomes a laptop, and will take up a similar amount of space in your home or in your bag (perhaps more when you factor in the carry case). Why are people so excited about the ONEXPLAYER? We’ll take a look at that in just a moment. [FAQ] ONEXPLAYER Preliminary Specifications Another great feature with the intel model is the ability to add an EGPU so I plan on setting it up to my TV with an EGPU and couple of Xbox controllers to turn it into a family console. I took Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS for a spin on the ONEXPLAYER. While I didn’t install it to the computer’s SSD, it was able to run pretty well from a USB flash drive and easily detected the computer’s display and wireless card.

The screen is a 5.5” display with a native resolution of 1280×720. It has all the same gaming controls as the MAX with the addition of a front facing fingerprint sensor. On the external GPU benchmarks, we are first running at 20W TDP on the very low settings we get an average frame rate of 102 frames per second. This is one of the reasons competing devices like the GPD Win 3 and AYA Neo have 1280 x 800 or 1280 x 720 pixel displays. It increases the chances that games will run smoothly while also reducing power consumption. Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate @ 1280 x 800 (10 fps)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment