276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop 60010101002" Burning of Prospero Action Figure

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Charonid Sentinels, Third Fane - A full detachment of the dour, heavily augmented watchmen of the outer Sol System, replete with their full panoply of otherwise proscribed weaponry. The Third Fane numbered slightly more than 2,000 men-under-arms. Surely I am not the only person excited at the prospect of being able to lay out a row of Games Workshop games that accurately charts the timeline of the Imperium, highlighting the historic moments that shaped the setting I love so much."

Sydonian Taghmata Elements Ekriss, Norne and Ifrem Taghma - A small force of Mechanicum warriors, attached to the Censure Host as observers and to affect the inspection and potential dismantling of any Mechanicum assets or prohibited technology present on Prospero. (Note that the inclusion of this force seems to have been in response to a late and direct request from the Fabricator-General of Mars.Stymied by the city-wide kine-shield, Leman Russ, Primarch of the Space Wolves and long mistrustful of the Thousand Sons, led his legion to landfall. Landing in assault-boats on the eastern side of Tizca, their numbers were so great that onlookers on the ground confused their landing craft with grit particles cast adrift on the winds. Only when they grew closer was the terrifying truth unveiled: the Space Wolves and their allies were landing in such force that Tizca was sure to be annihilated. [1e] Known to be on Prospero at the time of the Space Wolves' assault were representatives of all of the various fellowships of the the XV Legion, the Thousand Sons, as well as the commanders of all except the 4th Fellowship. Primarch Leman Russ leads his Space Wolves Legion against their rivals the Thousand Sons during the Battle of Prospero.

The Space Wolves utterly devastated Prospero, razing the capital city of Tizca; Thousand Sons Legion suffered loss of nine-tenths of their Legion strength and survivors teleported to the Planet of the Sorcerers in the Eye of Terror by the Chaos God Tzeentch; Magnus the Red and the XV th Legion swear to serve Tzeentch and join with Horus in overthrowing the Emperor of Mankind Some of those Thousand Sons detachments fighting in the Great Crusade elsewhere in the Imperium were to be destroyed by their allies before news of Prospero's destruction reached them: 2,000 under Sentor Rahme of the 9th Fellowship were slaughtered in their encampments by the Ultramarines attached to the same force, and 300 Veterans of the 7th Fellowship were abandoned to their deaths during the assault on Maktor VIII by the Imperial Fists to name but two of the more prominent cases. The Emperor of Mankind proved furious with Magnus the Red's psychic intrusion into the Imperial Palace.You can find the image HERE showing off the full contents. But, we'll give you a run down of what's in the box too. Inside you're going to get... Well, there's the rub, isn't it? If I hated Calth, I would be praising Games Workshop for creating a thematically similar game with completely new mechanisms, providing an alternative way for me to get my skirmish fix in the 31st Millennium. Aside from 30 Space Marines in MkIII armor (10 loyalist, 20 traitor), the big draw for Heresy-era fans is going to be the Custodian Guard and Sisters of Silence models. The former are sort of the Emperor's elite personal guard and the latter are an all-female groups of anti-psyker warriors. Of course, they look fantastic and it is always nice to see female units in the overwhelmingly male Warhammer universe. Options abound, and just like with Betrayal at Calth this is a great value for anyone looking to put together a "30k" Space Marine army. Rounding out the set are two awesome hero figures, the Space Wolves' Geigor Fellhand and Ahirman. Both are great centerpiece models with loads of character and detail.

Great Company Elleve (Eleven), "The Sea-flame's Bearers", commanded by Varald Helsdawn. 9,200 Space Marines, comprising veteran infantry, believed to include a large proportion of early-induction Terran recruits. Great Company The Slaughter-fire Heralds — 9,500, primarily Reconnaissance and infiltration marines Oh, hi there. Come on in. Sit down. You've just caught me thumbing through some of the old paperwork in my filing cabinet... Great Company The Serpents of the Battle-Moon — 7,800, primarily infantry support and heavy weapons Rapier units But then, I would think that, wouldn't I? I love Betrayal at Calth. I've had more time playing with it, I have more content for it (from White Dwarf magazines), and I enjoy it more. I think it does everything Burning of Prospero does, but just a bit better, and without the need for any house rules. So of course I'm going to think Burning of Prosperodoesn't need to exist.

Pages

Because, here it is, the second standalone board game in Games Workshop's Horus Heresy line, and another piece in that cosmos-spanning jigsaw that got me all hot under the collar: Burning of Prospero. With no response from the ground, the Imperial armada moved into high orbital anchor above Prospero and assumed a geostationary assault pattern. Thousands of weapons were trained on the planet below: energy weapons, mass-drivers and kinetic bombardment cannons. The starships drifted sedately like grand liners in a regatta among the stars. Leman Russ' flagship, the Battle Barge Hrafnkel, opened the orbital assault, its massive weapons systems etching lines of icy light into the surface of Prospero. Moments later, the rest of the Imperial fleet opened fire. Fellowship, commanded by Phael Toron - 7,200 Space Marines, reduced in strength after recent campaigns and with some companies operating on campaign. The Battle of Prospero, also referred to as the First Battle of Prospero, the Scouring of Prospero, the Desolation of Prospero, the Burning of Prospero and the Fall of Prospero, was the name given by later Imperial scholars to the sanctioned Imperial military reprisal against the Thousand Sons Legion's homeworld of Prospero near the start of the Horus Heresy in 004.M31. By the time the Thousand Sons were reunited with their Primarch Magnus, they numbered only one thousand active Astartes -- literally the "thousand sons" of Magnus. Through unknown means after his restoration to his Astartes, Magnus gained the knowledge required to cure his Legion's tendency towards rampant mutation.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment