276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fisher-Price DKT39 Think and Learn Code-a-Pillar

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This policy is also in the app, and parents must agree to the end user license agreement and declare that they are the device's owner and an adult before starting the game. I’ll be testing this device with a group of young children this fall and I look forward to observing how they play with the Code-a-Pillar. Instead of getting not-yet-potty-trained kids to code with a screen and keyboard, this plastic caterpillar uses more subtle tactics: it teaches the basics of coding, like sequencing and programming, with segments of the caterpillar's body.

My 5 year old used the Sticklebricks to build an obstacle course, with a bridge and some alien barriers. The early levels are not explained fully or well, so parents may need to help kids plug through to get to higher levels, where the app starts to shine a bit brighter. I’m interested in incorporating the Code-a-Pillar into a growing inventory of tangible tech devices that I use to teach coding and robotics concepts to young children through hands-on, collaborative, and developmentally appropriate activities. If you are looking for additional Coding Products and robots for this age group check out Blue Bots and Bee Bots. When he got a sequence "wrong" he wanted to start again, but we found Code-a-Pillar was a bit reluctant.And that techno electronica music soundtrack will be exciting and fun for some but annoying for others, so it's great that it can be turned off on the home screen. Critical Thinking: By programming different combinations to send Code-a-pillar Twist™ down various paths, preschoolers can try and try again, exercising those critical thinking skills! This motivating game encourages 21st century skills such as problem-solving, planning and sequencing, reasoning and an introduction to coding concepts. Beyond that, our toys give kids freedom to try different ways of doing something, figure out how things work, ask questions and make connections. That's why we've added a new "Diverse Representations" section to our reviews that will be rolling out on an ongoing basis.

We love to follow cool new inventions on Kickstarter and we hunt out all the latest announcements about tech toys and gadgets for the coming Christmas holidays. Unfortunately, when I began testing my Code-a-Pillar, I was immediately disappointed by the product because the toy constantly makes noises and plays music at a very loud volume.And that is exactly what Code-a-Pillar is all about - introducing preschoolers to sequencing and giving instructions. Kids can learn about some underlying concepts that support coding as they use a set of commands, problem-solve, and evaluate to figure out which to use to reach a goal. Creating these simple routes provides opportunities for students to develop mini-programming concepts! Preschoolers can twist the dials on the caterpillar’s segments to create a sequence and send their pal along the programmed path with moves like forward, turn right, and turn left. The expansion packs allow you to do more with your Code-a-Pillar such as adding more turns or sounds.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment