276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NHYTG The Connor Brothers Street Art Tell Me Beautiful Untrue Things Canvas Poster Bedroom Decor Sports Landscape Office Room Decor Gift 12×18inch(30×45cm) Unframe:

£3.675£7.35Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Like the Katie Edwards and the Dave Earle, this is a mix of place, architecture and metallic. I’m drawn to the immense scale of this bridge against the distant landscape. Browse more of Jayson Lilley’s work here» Alison McWhirter – Pink and Cream Roses Against Paynes A print edition is the total number of impressions from a given print otherwise known as the edition size. Numbered Print Box framing is provided with all our online framing, creating a distance between the glass and your artwork, so no risk of ink transfer to the pane. it's the perfect, gallery grade choice for limited edition prints or original artworks. Best known for their Pulp Fiction series the pair are also known for their activist work and their playful hoaxes. In 2014 they created a fictional museum – The Hanbury Collection, which fused truth and fiction in such a way as to render it impossible to work out which exhibits were real and which were not. This obsession with truth and fiction can be seen throughout their work, and is particularly relevant in the current climate of fake news, post-truth and social media obsession.

Furthermore, this artwork encourages a deeper examination of the narratives we encounter in our daily lives. It prompts us to question the stories presented to us by the media, popular culture, and even our own inner narratives. By critically engaging with the notion of truth and the allure of fiction, we can develop a more nuanced understanding of the world around us and our place within it. Brandler Galleries has in its possession a wide variety of Connor Brothers’ artwork. Under the mysteriously compelling guise of Missouri-born twins Franklyn and Brendan Connor who escaped to New York ‘to make sense of the world’ they had been deprived of. The Connor Brothers, a myth fabricated by London-based art dealers Mike Snelle and James Golding, rapidly gained popularity and fame following their creation of playful yet equally profound works. As the duo experienced increasing success for eighteen months under the pseudonym of the Connor Brothers, it was decided to reveal their true identities, resulting in even greater success. Often the artist creates an AP as a working trial. These are likely to have extra annotations or different colours etc., which show the work's progress.If you owe money to us as well as the rights set out in F4 above we can use or deal with any of your property we hold in any way we are allowed to by law. We will only release your property to you after you pay us in full for what you owe. However if we choose we can also sell your property in any way we think appropriate. We will use the proceeds of the sale against any amounts you owe us and we will pay any amount left from that sale to you. If there is a shortfall you must pay us any difference between the amount we have received from the sale and the amount you owe us. We may ask you you to give us a financial reference and/or a deposit as a condition of allowing you to bid.

The per-lot charges levied by Door to Door Services are as follows (plus any applicable sales tax): Bring energy and an array of welcome colors and textures into your space by decorating with figurative fine-art prints and works on paper. We may record telephone bids. By bidding via telephone you agree to us recording your conversations. You also agree that your telephone bids are governed by these conditions of sale. The contrasting elements within the artwork contribute to its enigmatic allure. The juxtaposition of “beautiful” and “untrue” ignites a sense of fascination, reflecting the allure of seductive falsehoods. It prompts us to question the boundaries between truth and fiction, and the emotional appeal of narratives that may not align with reality. The Big Issue is a social enterprise whose mission is to deliver a world that works for everyone. Creating and offering self-help and sustainable business solutions that dismantle poverty now and for future generations.When technology was less advanced in the early days of printmaking the first prints of an edition were of a higher quality. Re-using printing plates would gradually wear them down, causing a decline in quality throughout the edition's production. The artist would often keep these higher quality prints for themselves. An estimated 70,000 more people will be made homeless as a direct result of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. We're proud to have been invited to collaborate with The Big Issue, a publication we admire, by guest editing their 30th anniversary edition, and pleased to be able to support the magazine by donating the 11 works to be sold at auction. Bonhams has proved to be a generous partner when it comes to working with us on charity fundraising projects, and once again we are thankful for its support." b) has the right to transfer ownership of the lot to the buyer without any restrictions or claims by anyone else.

They bring together some of art they have been creating that focuses on both emerging and established names across sport, culture, campaigning, and social change. It's a collection that is exclusive to The Big Issue. Figurative art printmaking was especially popular during the height of the Pop art movement, and this kind of work can be seen in artist Andy Warhol’s extensive use of photographic silkscreen printing. Everyday objects, logos and scenes were given a unique twist, whether in the style of a comic strip or in the use of neon colors.

Join our newsletter

By combining Old Masters’ works and Mills and Boon romantic book covers with witty texts seeking to make fun of a modern, materialistic world, the Connor Brothers blur the lines between truth and fiction, as seen in pieces such as ‘First of All Nothing Will Happen and a Little Later Nothing Will Happen Again,’ 2015. The juxtaposition of traditional yet modern, cynical yet lighthearted works create a thought-provoking tone, as evident in pieces such as ‘Whatever You Do Will Be Insignificant,’ 2015, and ‘The Truth is Rarely Pure and Never Simple,’ 2017. The artwork commands attention with its evocative composition. The words “Tell me beautiful untrue things” are presented in an intriguing manner, drawing the viewer into a world where reality blurs with fiction. The choice of typography adds depth and visual impact to the piece, capturing the imagination and prompting further exploration. Shortly after appearing on the scene, Snelle and Golding began selling work at art shows and fairs around London. Their work was auctioned at Bonhams and Christie’s alongside artists like Damien Hirst and Banksy. As their prominence grew, the alter-egos that were supposed to be a fun ruse grew more inconvenient. The pair decided to come clean in an exclusive interview with The Telegraph in 2014. The Connors Brothers have exhibited throughout London, as well as in Berlin, Los Angeles, New York and Sydney. Their work is in the collections of the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. We do not provide any guarantee in relation to the nature of a lot apart from our authenticity warranty contained in paragraph E2 and to the extent provided in paragraph I.

Each year The Big Issue invite stars of the art world to take over an edition and bring a wholly different perspective and encourage us to view the world differently. Tell me beautiful untrue things” is a captivating artwork created by The Connor Brothers, the collaborative duo of James Golding and Mike Snelle. Renowned for their captivating pieces that blend elements of popular culture and literature, this particular artwork invites contemplation on the nature of truth and the allure of deception.a) is the owner of the lot or a joint owner of the lot acting with the permission of the other owner(s). I have always been drawn to architectural images and fine detail and this has all of that. As well as the Brooklyn Bridge – which I have walked along – I also love his Chrysler and Empire State buildings. It would make a great triptych if you were able to have all three. Katie Edwards – London Gold If you wish to bid in the saleroom you must register for a numbered bidding paddle at least 30 mins before the sale. You can register online at www.tateward.com or in person. Having said that you shouldn’t choose a picture based solely on whether it goes with your décor I have to admit that this is full of colour combinations I adore. That it happens to fit well in my house is perhaps then no accident. It’s not that I chose if for the colours but that it reflects all the colours I love and therefore would fit perfectly on my walls. This is my favourite. Browse more of John Piper’s work here » Elaine Kazimierczuk – More Marigolds!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment