276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Zoom H6/UK Handy Recorder

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Though the H6 has a nice little display window on it, many podcasters still prefer to monitor recordings on a bigger screen in a waveform view. This makes it much easier to see that everything is okay at-a-glance. Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 128GB, up to 24-bit /96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats

Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries, over 20 hours of operation with 4 AA alkaline batteriesFor smaller choirs with no more than five singers per part, I like to have one mic each for bass/tenor/alto/soprano or maybe one for a solo and re-arrange the others. I didn't buy the XLR module (yet) so I have only four XLR inputs at present. You can record in either WAV or MP3. The most common setting for recording podcast vocals is 44100Hz, 16bit.

Okay, that’s our Zoom H6 review! Unsurprisingly I share in the common opinion that the Zoom H6 is an incredible piece of kit, and a great choice for audio producers and podcasters alike. Record continuously for over 20 hours with just four AA batteries or extend your recording time indefinitely with the optional AD-17 adapter.The H6’s USB port enables it to serve as a stereo or multi-channel audio interface for your computer or iPad. Mic Phantom power: +12V /+24V /+48V (Phantom power can be turned on/off independently for Inputs 1 - 4) You don’t need a computer to record with the Zoom H6, it’s designed to work entirely on it’s own. But, if you choose to, it can also be used as a USB audio interface. But we treated ourselves to an early Christmas present in the shape of the Zoom H6, and I’d been looking forward to getting a good look at it. And the second, above, is recorded using a Samson Q2U plugged into one of the H6’s XLR ports. Cost of the Zoom H6

If you find yourself working with multiple guests or roundtable episodes locally then this can be a huge upgrade in the control you’ll have over your recording and editing sessions. In general: This is a good portable device for recording podcasts, instruments and low-budget student movies. Personally, I use it for all this. For its price, this is probably the best solution that only an older model, the Zoom H8, can compete with. This can be used with external mics that require a power source to work. Inputs 1-4 can provide phanton power of +12V, +24V, & +48V. Sound Quality of the Zoom H6But, although it’s definitely good value for all that it does, it’s still a serious investment. So do you really need one? Who Probably Doesn’t Need a Zoom H6?

Talking of stereo capsules, there are two different detachable mic capsules included with the Zoom H6 as standard. This change of mind return policy is in addition to, and does not affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law including any rights you may have in respect of faulty items. To return faulty items see our Returning Faulty Items policy. The Winner: We think that Zoom H6 has the better display, especially if you're an audio enthusiast who wants access to as much information as possible. Sound Quality If you need some more tailored advice for your own setup, or want help with any other aspect of podcasting, then we’d love to work with you. The H6 features two 1/8” outputs, a stereo line out as well as a headphone out with dedicated volume control.You can go as high as 96000Hz, 24bit (way too high) or as low as 48kbps MP3 (way too low). As always, file quality is reflected by its size on the SD card. The higher quality you go, the bigger the files are. Low Cut Filter This change of mind return policy is in addition to, and does not affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law including any rights you may have in respect of faulty items.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment