276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hunting Killers: Britain’s top crime investigator reveals how he solves the unsolvable

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A tense novel from a fast-rising star, Sam Holland, The Twenty fuses a chilling race-against-time with blood-curdling crime fiction. Why do only 1 per cent of those who study law succeed in joining this mysteriously opaque profession? This book is written and narrated by criminologist and investigative reporter and ex detective Mark Williams-Thomas.

Clearly the author has achieved an awful lot in his career, but the book is in no way about his personal achievements, it is all about the victims and that is what I especially loved about it. It would make a great holiday read and in contrast it would not be out of place in an academic setting as a text, a learning tool. Society is obsessed with true crime and I have always had a keen interest in crime and have always loved the authors work and I especially enjoyed his TV programme 'The Investigator' a brilliant program. I've never read a true crime book like this book but I highly recommend it, as it was fresh and different from lots of the other books in this genre I read. Sunday Times 'King of true-life scary tales' Observer 'A wonderfully entertaining ride through the haunted landscape which Danny has made his own.Join us for a truly eye-opening and fascinating talk, as Mark shares his vast experience of investigating some of the most notorious cases and killers! Professor Patricia Wiltshire will take you on a journey through the fascinating edgeland where nature and crime are intertwined. He inserts imaginary commas about every fifth word as his voice rises in inflection before the pause that should not be. Read more about the condition New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. By completing your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and authorise Audible to charge your designated card or any other card on file.

The book is written by criminologist and investigative reporter and ex detective Mark Williams-Thomas. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH).He spends his time working on crimes where the police couldn't help, either through lack of resources or time. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The auditorium, a jewel of late Victorian architecture, is a favourite with audiences and performers alike for its intimacy and atmosphere.

He also talks about his time in the police force and how this has helped him progress in investigations. I also found the book offered new perspective to me on cases I thought I knew and had made up my mind about.Brutal at turns and as one would expect, Hunting Killers shows, not only the unglamorous side of crime in UK's history and far beyond, but the damage it inflicts on what is left from it - the suffering of victims and its loved ones. You really want to follow this investigator because he is very convincing and then out of the blue, he becomes his own antithesis. I've previously watched some of his documentaries but I had no idea he had made so many or was involved in so many cases. It got me thinking about limited resources in policing and flaws in our criminal justice system and the impact of these issues on the wider society. Mark is going to share his vast experience of investigating some of the most notorious cases and killers - in what promises to be a truly eye-opening and entertaining talk.

Before David Wilson became the UK's pre-eminent criminologist, he was just a young boy growing up in the Scottish town of Carluke. One convicted killer he doesn’t mention in this book and who he wholeheartedly supports and considers innocent is Jeremy Bamber, (who has recently received a great deal of attention and televised coverage).

By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment