276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Peter Duck (Vintage Children's Classics)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For Julia the difference between the Suffolk coast and that along our two neighbouring counties is the difference between home and abroad. She explains: “Last summer we went exploring up the Norfolk coast as far as The Wash. It’s long, it can be challenging and there are very few ports of refuge, especially when the wind is strong and from the north. It’s more varied than I’d expected and of course very beautiful when one reaches the sand-and-seal lands of Blakeney, Wells and the Wash - as long as the wind is kind and you have a good depth of water under your keel!” x 12 volt batteries, 74ah start battery and 110ah domestic battery, charged from engine alternator. When Donny (the principal character in her first three books) and his family need sanctuary at the bleakest moments in A Ravelled Flag, this is where I bring them. One of my happiest afternoons as a visiting author was spent here with a group of primary school children whose teacher had the good sense to let them run wild and explore. The subsequent boost to their creativity was quite remarkable”.

noh ja siis järsku purjetatakse kogu reipa lastekambaga Lowestofti sadamast välja ja otseteed Kariibidele, palmi alt peidetud varandust välja kaevama, piraatide kuulid kõrva äärest mööda vihisemas? kuidas üldsegi see nende Lake Districti paat sinna Lõuna-Inglismaa sadamasse sai? ja miks keegi järsku ei muretse, mida vanemad kogu loost arvaksid, kui nad teaksid? DISCLAIMER: Classic Yacht Brokerage offer the details and photographs of this vessel in good faith as a guide but cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information or images, or warrant the condition of the vessel, machinery or rig. Buyers should instruct their representative, agents or their surveyors to investigate such details as the buyer requires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. She has subsequently started to publish a series of reprints of memoirs of Yachtsmen Volunteers and hopes to encourage other sons and daughters of members of the RNVSR to share the stories of their parents. John was a little nervous at sailing "Swallow" in strange waters and for the first time for nearly a year ( PD2). A reluctant sale, we are leaving behind very many happy memories of sailing onboard this beautiful classic ketch. She is a lovely cruising yacht, solid, sturdy and safe, a beautiful yacht and a delight to be onboard. Quaint and classic with many traditional features and incredibly easy to ‘get to know’x 12 volt batteries under the port bunk. Charged from the engine alternator or through a 240 volt battery charger when connected to the shore power.

An inviting coastal property with a secluded garden set in the bustling heart of Southwold. This retreat is ideal for a family seaside escape or friends’ reunion with a furry companion in tow. While away sun-soaked afternoons scoffing salty chips and ambling along Southwold Pier (400 metres) before sinking onto the plump outdoor seating and toasting with a glass of chilled fizz. But Julia Jones, regards of the weather, has clearly established herself as the most authoritative contemporary voice of the wonders of the Suffolk coastline. The most recent time the Swallows had sailed Swallow at the Lake was from Horseshoe Cove, an apparent reference to the end of SA: "And the last time we sailed her was in Lowestoft," she said. "And before that on the lake," said John. "We never thought when we were sailing home from Horseshoe Cove that this year we'd be landing her on a desert island."PD’, as Julia calls the 28ft wooden sailing ketch, is the source of many childhood memories as well as being a piece of literary history, and encompasses Julia’s dual passions in life – books and boats. By making the necessary repairs, she hopes to get ‘PD’ in shape for the next generation. Captain Flint had a grand new chapter to add to his book "Mixed Moss" ... as Nancy told him: Think of the chapter you can put in the next edition of "Mixed Moss" ( PD35,36).

aga läksin vaatama, mida teised inimesed sest loost arvanud on, ja sain teada, et see kõik ei olegi päris :) vaid on lugu loos, kuskil sarja hilisemas osas tuleb välja, et kogu piraadiseiklus on ühe tegelase (Titty) väljamõeldis, mida ta talvisel madalhooajal teistele lastele pajatab. ja niiviisi muidugi on kõik see väga mõistlik ja arusaadav. põhimõtteliselt "Aarete saare" ümberjutustus, tegelasteks omaenda sõbrad. (nagu fanfic, aga vastupidi?) In fact, there is hardly an inlet or little marina along the Suffolk coast that she doesn’t know and doesn’t like. Designer: Laurent GilesLOA: 28ft 6in (8.7m)LWL: 25ft (7.6m)Beam: 9ft (2.7m)Draught: 3ft 9in (1.1m)Disp: 6 tonnesSail Area: 325sqft (30sqm) I felt so emotional about it. I suddenly sat up in bed one morning and said ‘This is the book that I have to write’. I know about sailing and I remember some of the people who were in the RNVSR. He became one of only around 2,000 amateur sailors who joined the Royal Naval Volunteer Supplementary Reserve. This was initially a list of ‘gentlemen who are interested in yachting or similar pursuits’, aged between 18 and 39 who would be prepared to serve as naval officers in case of ‘Emergency’.But the boat was bought by Julia’s parents in 1957, when she was not quite three, and remained a vital part of family life until her father’s sudden death in 1983. Galvanised steel standing rigging of unknown age with bronze rigging screws to internal galvanised chain plates. A number of the chain plates are severely corroded. Some rigging new in 2011. Jones effectively uses local landmarks to reflect her characters’ moods and aspirations. A place of particular sanctuary on the peninsula for her is the shallow curving bay from Lower Holbrook to Stutton Ness, which she describes as “a magical and timeless place which has been inhabited from the time for the Neanderthals”. I ask her how different is viewing a place from the sea to that of encountering it from the land. It would appear the main difference for Julia is one of instability. “The most obvious answer is the quality of the light which seems to be altered and intensified by the intervening water. Also the rhythm of the tide means that the margins between land and water are in a state of constant change – and that affects their population by the sea and river birds, an integral part of the scene. The Finding of the Treasure, Spanish Galleon, Dirty Work, The Only Hope, Whose Steps In the Dark?, All Aboard Once More

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment