276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cole

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Addison Bowman/Sailor, & Liam moved to Chicago two years ago, for Liam’s job. He was the newest counselor at the Haven Center. Cole is a mystery... He is popping up all the time in front of Addison and inevitably, in some point, those two are coming closer... She's hanging around her best friend Sia, who's vibrant persona keeps Addison somewhat interested in the things around her. And when Sia nudges her to make that crucial step in „moving on“, Addison eventually decides to sell her house and with her late husband's inheritance, she moves into the prestigious building „The Mauricio“. A very highy secured and well enhanced comodity of a living place with merely several tenants and with a mystery of the top floor belonging to the owner no one has ever seen. Violence --- It's a mob story, so yep. But nothing very descriptive (though the discussion about Cole's family's demise is rough bc it involves kids). For Michael, loyalty — and crime — pay. Michael Flynn rises to heights beyond anything the criminal underworld has seen. He owns everyone and he rules his empire with an even but fierce hand.

What starts off as a spark of attraction is soon a full-fledged fire, but Cole is keeping secrets. Secrets that could tear him and Addi apart. Secrets that along with Addi's past place her directly in the line of fire... Together, they can help each other heal. Together, they can slay those demons. Together, they can be everything. Fair warning: once you start this book and get a couple of chapters in, you will not want to put it down. This is the first book I have read by this author, though I now realize that there are "prequels" (a couple of books about one of the "supporting cast" in this story), so I will definitely be putting them toward the top of my tbr list! But this book can easily be read as a standalone.Addison Bowman has been through hell and survived, or at least she's trying to. After seeing her husband die in a crash it's been hard for her to move on. When her friend tells her about an exclusive apartment building that has an opening she decides it's time to move out of the house she shared with her husband, What she didn't expect though was to run into Cole, and the effect he would have on her life. I love mafia romances, it is one of my favorite subgenres. I was excited to get started on this book, and I really enjoyed the first half of the book. Addison was a very likable character, she had been through a very rough patch and was trying to find her way in life again. Thankfully she had her bestie Sia, who dragged her out of the house to socialize on many occasions. This book felt very mysterious, and the main male character Cole was very secretive. He was like a ghost in the first quarter of the book. But from the first moment Addison laid her eyes on him, she can't get him out of her mind. Cole was protective, sexy, attractive but not an over the top alpha male in my opinion.

As well, both The Jump and The Runaway have small screen adaptations in the form of television series. Cole was an enigma and I had the biggest need to figure him and his secrets out. Even though there were a few parts near the end that i wished we had gotten more of his POV, I still really liked his character. He had that bad boy air about him that even through a book you could just feel when you read any scene he was in. Dara Tailor has had to grow up fast. With a mother addicted to cocaine, Dara must look after her seven younger siblings, until social services split them up for ever. Could she cope with the notion that the man she now came to love, tried to set her free by lying to her in the most dreadful way…but inspite the lies, the danger, the odds and circumstances…Cole’s attention to the texture of things makes for extraordinarily vivid writing. He evokes doom in the paintings of Caravaggio and imaginative abundance in the photography of Marie Cosindas and Lorna Simpson. He conjures the sensory pleasure of having a human body when he writes about nature, nowhere more luxuriantly than in his essay Experience: “With my eyes I see the bright light on the water, with my ears hear the thrum and splash of the water, with my nose smell the grass and alpine flowers. I bring water to my mouth and I can taste its mineral intensity … My fingers touch the stones rough and smooth, the bedlike grass, the marblelike pebbles, the fugitive water.” For Cole, such moments in art and literature and nature are, in the words of Seamus Heaney, like a “hurry through which known and strange things pass”. But Cole has many secrets that could affect Addison... She is about to pull into his world and she is clueless.... But maybe... That pull started long before Cole??? This man, whoever he was, whatever kind of man he was, could affect me like no other had in my life." Sia, Addi's bestfriend convinces Addi to move into the exclusive, private luxury apartment building "The Mauricio". All is going well for Addi, she has met her neighbors and enjoys their company. A month after moving in, one neighbor in particular catches her eye.....Cole. Addison is not interested in dating, as she is still in survival mode. Life is pretty grey. Grey until Addison spots a gorgeous, powerful-looking man one night. A man who impacted her without words. A man she knew, perhaps her destiny, would change her life.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment