276°
Posted 20 hours ago

House of Darkness House of Light: The True Story Volume Two: 2

£8.83£17.66Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Speechless because I am grateful. For not only gaining knowledge of the unknown, the misunderstood, but to feel like I've gotten to know the Perron family on a deep and personal level. You'd think we'd done more than just hang out. Had we been an a coffee shop I'm sure whatever we'd been drinking would have long since turned cold the business hours ended, time to close up, see you next time we open, as I sat and listened. There was so much to tell! Their odyssey began as a pronouncement; the sad, diminutive clarion call. In hushed and somber tones, this communication, disguised as wind and rain, cloaked by the creaking of old clapboard, infiltrated the senses of those who had entered unfamiliar territory. In the quiet darkness of night they’d listen to the farmhouse, its whistling coos or high-pitched whining, whenever an ill wind passed through the eaves, or so they had all presumed. The busy and rambunctious household was a distraction during their days but at night the house spoke of its story to newly arrived inhabitants. During their first few months in residence, there was so much buzz and extraneous activity, the dismissal of uncommon noises was the norm. An adjustment period was necessary and no one in the family trusted their own perceptions of this house. A new place— new noises mindset explained away virtually every strange and foreign sound. The house was so big in comparison to where they had come from that the tightly compact Cape Cod in Cumberland now seemed, (as a distant memory), something no bigger than a beach bungalow. Sound was magnified and distorted within the massive structure. It was an echo chamber. It had a heartbeat. The house had an energy and a voice all its own; several, in fact. The interplay of shadow and light intermingling with its natural/supernatural sound became mesmerizing; a source of wonderment. They had willingly crossed the threshold, entering into the shared space, one filled with secrets and souls. Into a mysterious portal they ventured, finding it hypnotic by nature, casting its enchanting spells on those dwelling within its clapboard walls. There was no escaping the effect it had on a family who could not help but listen up in smoke: Attention class! Mere mortals could not ignore the gauzy haze gathering in rooms, masquerading as moonlight. Cloud cover hovering in shadow dance, an elegant disguise, Nature provided a cloak for an esoteric element of itself… very clever camouflage. Real Housewives Of Potomac' Star Ashley Darby Isn't Mad That Sonja Morgan Stole Her Owen Wilson Thunder At BravoCon: She Knew "His Fetishes" Mrs. Doubtfire’ Fans Psyched For A Potential Documentary Featuring The Late Robin Williams’ “Special And Magical” Improv Process

Natural conversion: a transforming of this into that in the space and time required, according to all established laws of Nature. How long does it take a leaf to decompose in autumn? What variables exist which could conceivably impact or alter this process? How to factor the elements into these equations? To every thing there is a season and a time for every purpose under Heaven. Beings in perpetual motion, ever-changing, (consciously or not), in death we change yet again, morphing into something else: perhaps as pure energy, soul and spirit dispersed into the Cosmos. Metamorphosis is not an event but is instead, an ongoing co-creative process which we remain actively involved in during every moment of our existence. We are; always have been, always will be, in some form or another. We evolve. Like it or not, we all learn. Best we come to terms with Infinity—and our own immortality: the biggest chill. Accept it and move on. Out across the Universe, transformed, evolving into ether, as spirit, traveling just beyond the speed of light. I have the 2nd book and not ready to read it yet..I did read that this is a trilogy. Wonder if the doll that I saw in the trailer is in 2nd book or 3rd, cause she wasn't in the first book. The passage of time in this book is weird, even after finishing it I cannot truly tell how much time passed from the first chapter to the last, the author jumps around a lot. Then around 95 percent of book,, it was basically ( imo) a lot of the authors theories of whatever she felt the need to talk about at that time. Once Carolyn had something like a needle stabbed into her leg, a hanger jumped off the pole and beat her on the shoulder (in front of witnesses), she also had pains and weakness that doctors could not explain. She saw fireballs on her dresser, and a vision of what seems to have been all the ghosts in the house gathered around her with torches chanting that threat above. (If they'd lived in the house in different periods, how did another ghost get them to come together like that?) In a house made of old wood, Carolyn lived in fairly constant fear of it catching fire. And not just in the house, a cigarette flew through a closed window in the car and burned one of the girls pants, there were chimney fires, and oil burner problems. That could just be problems in an old house, but the fear is reasonable. The nasty odor associated with her seems to have followed friends in their cars several times. (How far away could she extend her reach?)Our Take: Hap calls himself a “decent guy,” but is he really? House of Darkness lingers in the fog of uncertainty between Hap and Mina, whose interactions bump up against the concepts of mutual consent, sexual objectification and other complexities of interpersonal communiques in the #MeToo era. It’s pretty clear from the start that Mina’s purposeful vagueness is a tactic designed to trap doofuses like Hap: Here’s a shovel. Here’s a plot. Now dig, dig, dig your own grave, you dumbass. Savannah Chrisley Shares Thanksgiving Update That Her Parents Todd And Julie Chrisley Have Been Granted “Oral Arguments” By The Appeals Court: “Thanksgiving Win!” This book was not good, I am only giving it two angels because the author did manage to catch how her sisters and parents felt living in their house and how horrifying some of their experiences were, Andrea manages to tell the story from the POV of all of her family members and catch their personalities enough that I could feel empathy for them and relate to them. Andrea definitely has a flare for story telling and that also is reflected throughout the book. My favorite part of this book was seeing their perspective on their time with the Warrens. It is clear that today (as in: time of the book's publication) she holds no grudges to how the Warrens handled the situation. I know I would have been frustrated, but not as furious as Roger was. And who could blame him for punching Ed? Not the best reaction per se, but still an understandable one. As Andrea says in this section of the book, they were way over their heads and didn't have the best outlook on what was really occurring in the Perron home. The compassion Andrea has for them is something I've never seen before and is rather encouraging to those who struggle with compassion.

Stream It Or Skip It: 'Fargo' Season 5 On FX, Where Juno Temple Is A Minnesota Housewife Running From Her Past, And Jon Hamm Is The Person Chasing Her JoJo Siwa Tells 'The View' What She Told Tom Sandoval On 'Special Forces': "Your Problems Are The Least Of Our Worries"Oh how I wish these books weren't judged so harshly. I found each volume a treasure, and I believe I always will. Kelly Ripa Applauds College Courses That Teach Gen Z “How To Make Small Talk” On ‘Live’: “God Knows They Need The Help!” Joy Behar Was Totally Lost On 'The View' As Whoopi Goldberg Tried To Make An Argument About Men And Abortion: "What Is The Point?"

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment