276°
Posted 20 hours ago

British Cassis, (Blackcurrant liqueur) by White Heron, 15% abv , 50 cl,WHBCASS50

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you come to this recipe too late in the season, please do bookmark or pin the recipe for next year. I promise it’ll be worth the wait ;) In 2015, the new protected geographical indication (PGI) "Crème de Cassis de Bourgogne" was approved. Promoted by a syndicate of fruit producers and liqueurs companies from Burgundy, this "Crème de Cassis de Bourgogne" guarantees the Burgundian origin and the minimum quantity of berries used in its production, essentially the variety Noir de Bourgogne. If the berries come specifically from Dijon, the capital of Burgundy, the label may say "Crème de Cassis de Dijon" instead. [ citation needed] Sales [ edit ] Carefully pour the fruit and syrup into the muslin cloth and let sit for a couple of hours to drip through. Whether I use fresh or frozen (defrosted) berries does not seem to make a difference, even if they have been in the freezer for a couple of years. (We keep them in zippered bags).

British Cassis, (Blackcurrant liqueur) by White Heron, 15% British Cassis, (Blackcurrant liqueur) by White Heron, 15%

And if you can make a bottle or two last until Christmas, you’ll be rewarded by the scent and taste of summer.They aren’t quite sweet enough to scoff straight from the bush like the strawberries or raspberries.

Homemade spiced blackcurrant vodka liqueur - Larder Love Homemade spiced blackcurrant vodka liqueur - Larder Love

Nearly 16million litres (4.2million US gallons) of crème de cassis are produced annually in France. [7] It is consumed mostly in France but is also exported. Top up the jar with any alcohol you have in the cupboard, ie Brandy, Whisky, Gin, Vodka, White rum etc etc. (I have used mead (given to us) Ouzo (from Greece) even Sherry if I had nothing else!!!). Take care of the fruit first. Carefully wash the currants, remove petioles and twigs, and put them to dry on a clean cloth. When they are scorched, then transfer the fruits to an airtight container. Remember that the vase must also be perfectly dry and clean.

Lost my password

Marianski, Stanley; Marianski, Adam (September 2012). Home Production of Vodkas, Infusions & Liqueurs. Bookmagic LLC. p.265. ISBN 978-0-9836973-4-3.

Blackcurrant Liqueur Recipe - allotment-garden.org Blackcurrant Liqueur Recipe - allotment-garden.org

Second, you will want to use a relatively mild vodka. A vodka with a higher proof (or alcohol content) will be too strong for this drink. Following the preparation, we will see you shortly. You get just under a liter and a half. Here I propose a classic alcohol-based recipe, with two resting phases of at least a month and a half each. Ingredients For 2 Bottles Of About 700 ml Crème de Cassis d'Anjou at giffard.com". Archived from the original on 6 October 2011 . Retrieved 3 July 2011. At this point you can move the jar to somewhere dark and cool. Over teh next few weeks the alcohol will extract all the colour, flavour and scent from the fruit. After the maceration time, prepare the syrup: pour the sugar and water into a saucepan, add the lemon zest and heat without boiling. When the sugar is dissolved, turn it off, cool it, pour the liquid into the bowl with the currants, and mix.If using frozen berries, I do not rinse them off – if they were not washed before, there is little or no ice. You could certainly use frozen fruit for this recipe. I would defrost and drain any excess water from them before using. It is possible that any extra water might dilute the preserving action of the alcohol and sugar. Duplais, Pierre; Duplais, Pierre Jr. (1871). A Treatise on the Manufacture and Distillation of Alcoholic Liquors. Philadelphia: H. C. Baird. p.518.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment