276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NTE5C MK2 + VDSL MK4 OpenReach Telephone Master Socket + Back Box

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As per the comments above, you can only get one voice-side (telephone) extension pair (to a phone, etc) on the front cam locks. has blue/white -4 has blue -7 has brown/white- 8 has brown 3 has orange/green – 6 has Green/orange 1 has orange as does 2. We've had the same for several years, A earlier one of same type had a dodgy clip, and as it's behind a curtain the front kept falling off until I taped it on. To connect the incoming line place the clean un-stripped cables in the A and B connectors as shown, making sure the cables pass through both holes and go right to the back of the cam-lock IDC connector. I then run cable from the terminals A and B on the faceplate on the original master socket into a new master socket.

Master Socket (Without Actually Moving It How to Move Your BT Master Socket (Without Actually Moving It

Is there any way I can discover which is the master socket without bringing in a telephone engineer? You would then have a broadband service, filtered at the point of entry to the property,running on external Cat5e cable, hence clear of major sources of interference.

There are even those who say that broadband was actually designed to run on traditional telephone cable. The cable is the best I could get, braided, shielded etc and it goes from the rj11 in the bt wall socket up and terminates in what looks like an rj45 plug but has only 6 connectors and is plugged into the ‘broadband’ socket on the back of the modem/router. Older style faceplates and faceplate filters will not fit the curved design you need a NTE5C specific faceplate. Although I accept the filtering to be better with the faceplate, a dangly box filter should work the same for testing purposes, correct? If you have no extension wiring to install, screw this unit to your backbox then test using the test socket, see picture below, or just clip the lower half faceplate and use as normal.

BT Openreach™ NTE5C MK2 Master Socket | « GENUINE

If your extension wiring comes out the front of the socket, it just comes straight down, there is a cut out in the lower half faceplate to accommodate this. The cable identification device can be used to “bell out” your cat 5 sockets, too, if you don’t know where they are. If you need to supply a voice service, cable from pins 2 and 5 on the maste socket and run a separate cable. I frequently deal with around 30 or more cat 5/6 cables running on cable trays in office environments with no problems.There are all sorts of I-plate, ADSL, VDSL faceplates for sale to do the kind of projects you see written about here and elsewhere, so I presume I’m at complete liberty to screw any one of them to the MS? This is because we use three main tower computers, and wired connections are always better than WiFi. My first thought is that you should run an ethernet (Cat 5 / Cat 6) cable from the hub to wherever you need the service to be, and terminate it on an RJ45 socket. As per what I advocate in this blog (I think – or elsewhere) treat the A and B as a data signal and terminate it straight onto pins 4 and 5 (“blues”) an RJ45 socket.

NTE5A Master Socket | « GENUINE - run-IT-direct BT Openreach™ NTE5A Master Socket | « GENUINE - run-IT-direct

We started off with 56mbps when we 1st signed up years ago, then a few years later aroind 40mbps, then last year average 30 mbps speed now we are down to 17mbps with the NTE5c faceplate and witg the faceplate removed and the old filter in 20mbps! So, providing that you use solid-core, twisted-pair cable (that is, professional-grade stuff, not cheap and nasty, often used by burglar alarm companies), losses should be minimal. On the newer MK2 version of the NTE5c, they now have clear cam-locks so you can see that the cables are correctly placed. been told will never get fibre as on EO Line) Its not really feesable to trace cables as I don’t fancy pulling up floor boards etc (and being new build there are no “floor boards” per say).If using a plastic backbox without any metal in the mounting holes, use the self taping screws, otherwise use the machine screw – the machine screws are also for use on the metal back box sunk into wall. The answer is “yes”– both broadband and voice services travel over the same single pair of wires, so providing the pair are present, then you will be able to receive both. These components are all on the back plate of the NTE5c – as is the extension wiring – but the extension wiring remains disconnected from the line until the lower half faceplate is plugged in. The width at 85mm is identical to previous Openreach master sockets and the removeable faceplate detaches by pressing on the two bumps on the side, which once removed disables the extension wiring even though this is attached to the wall mounted component.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment