276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Orient RA-AA0009L Men's Kano Stainless Steel Blue Bezel Blue Dial Automatic Dive Watch

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Basically, the differences lie in the combination of colors and the strap in some cases. Here are all the models: While not an essential element for diving, having the day of the week and date visible is quite useful in daily use. It’s not a bad thing that this watch bears a resemblance to past successes, as it’s intended to resemble retro diving watches from other times. The Seiko SKX007 has been the go-to watch for modders for the longest time. It's a no brainer - no other watch model has as many compatible mod parts.

The dial on this watch is simple and easy to read, which is essentially what is needed in a dive watch. The hands are large and sword-shaped, with applied hour markers framed in metal.

Join Us On Discord

The Orient Kano comes with either a rubber strap or stainless steel bracelet, depending on the model, both designed to fit 22 mm lugs.

Furthermore, as we’ll see below, the build quality and materials are on par with the best Japanese dive watches, something Orient has ample experience in. ➤ Case According to the manufacturer, this movement has a precision of -15 to +25 seconds per day, but many users have reported that their watches are much more accurate, with a range of -1 to +5 seconds per day.What I’d change: Why not play around with some wilder color combos, if not on the dial, on the bezel insert?

Overall, although this bracelet isn’t as solid feeling as aftermarket options that cost as much as half the watch, I don’t feel any less confident about using it for everyday rigours. But if it really isn’t to your liking, the 22mm lug width offers you an abundance of third party options.At launch, the Kano already came in quite a few different flavours and certain variants have been added and removed along the way. Today this watch currently comes in the following variants: Don’t be fooled by the -15/+25spd accuracy specification because more often than not you’ll find these running well within these specifications. In my experience, all my Orients with these movements typically run within the range of +0/+15spd. This is quite a bit better than other watches I’ve had around this price range and easily gets close to watches that cost two to three times as much.

As far as summertime-ready dive watches go, the Orient Kano looks to fit the bill. You’ve got an almost-oversized steel case and mineral crystal protecting that Epson movement (the same F6922 that’s in the Kamasu), with a reasonably-svelte 12.9mm height. This means, particularly on the bracelet, the watch will be ready for some summertime gatherings that are leaning more towards the formal. It also looks like it will be a solid platform to start playing around with some more robust textile strap options as well. The crystal on this Orient diver is mineral glass and is slightly recessed into the bezel, providing good protection.

In summary, the Orient Kano has a clean, simple, and well-balanced dial that provides all the necessary information. ➤ Strap Maybe you\'re interested: Orient 3 Star (Tristar), the most economical Japanese automatic watch ➤ Dial The bracelet is also smooth and comfortable to wear and this is helped by the use of a stamped clasp which I feel helps reduce the weight of the bracelet. Of course a milled clasp is desirable but I never felt this clasp wasn’t solid enough for its intended use. We even get 4 micro adjust holes which is more than some OEM bracelets found on watches twice the price. I’m looking at you Hamilton. These hour markers also incorporate a generous amount of luminescent material, making the time more legible in low-light conditions.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment