276°
Posted 20 hours ago

TSDZ2B 36V 250W 48V 500W Torque Sensor Tongsheng Mid Drive Motor 2022 Version Disc Brake V Brake Coaster Brake Electric Bike Conversion Kit VLCD5 Display DIY Ebike Kits for Mountain Bike

£151.66£303.32Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’ve roughly converted euros and dollars to sterling, and this was done before we crash out with a no-deal Brexit. And again; those prices above are the difference between the electric model and the non-electric model; not the whole ebike.) Power: The BBS02 delivers 100% power as soon as you start rotating the pedals. It can be too much power if you have it on a high setting. The BBS02 can be set on levels 1-to-9. I typically kept mine on 4. It’s only when I wanted turbo speed that I increased it to 9. I found that I frequently adjusted the power levels, like gears, so I could keep it in control. If I had it on a high level, it could lurch unexpectedly. Before : The reduction shaft kit can be disassembled into nylon gear, shaft and one way needle bearing.

Display shows more advanced information like battery voltage, rider pedal power in watts, motor temperature, cadence, trip time and distance. You may also need a drill, 6.5mm drill bit if you need to install a couple of M5 rivnuts on the downtube to secure the battery cradle. Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres if you are going to use it for commuting and want reliability from punctures. But may well not suit your off-road needs. With the Tongsheng, spare parts are available even to amateur mechanics, and there’s a good amount of stuff online on how to replace parts.

Finally, I’ve fitted the 48V, 250W version of the TSDZ2 (ie EU-legal), with the factory firmware. It’s paired with a 12Ah battery. Is the TSDZ2 as good as a dedicated ebike? As an aside I used self-soldering heat shrink to make the connections ( heat shrink with an internal collar of solder) they worked brilliantly. The TSDZ2 is “torque-sensing”– if you pedal gently, you get a gentle assist; if you pedal hard, the motor works harder. This differs from the other common mid-drive kit (Bafang) which is cadence sensing – you set the assistance you want, and so long as the pedals are turning, the motor gives that flat level of assist. https://www.avdweb.nl/solar-bike/hub-motor/tongsheng/efficiency-bldc-motor-tongsheng-tsdz2-and-astro-3205-compared

When I was un-impressed by the TSDZ2 years ago, it was a 36V unit that had a max adjustability of 500W, which means it was clearly designed for all the nations outside of the USA (admittedly a huge market), but if you start using this unit at 48V, I’m told it really wakes up (33% more watts, without a significant increase of heat).I prefer the Tongsheng and here’s why: It’s much smoother and blends into the normal bike riding experience, but still giving a nice boost. Although the Bafang is more powerful, it’s more like riding a moped and not as intuitive. With the BBS02, you just spin the pedals and go. With the TDSZ2 you have to apply pressure to the pedals and so it feels more natural. That said, I highly recommend both, but I prefer the TSDZ2.

The TSDZ2 comes with one 42T chainring, which uses a fairly common 110-BCD mounting pattern (110mm, Bolt Center Diameter ). However, due to its’ modest power level, some builders are been very appreciative that this style is easily adaptable to using two chainrings and a derailleur. The Tongsheng 48V 500W Mid-Drive Motor TSDZ2B is a torque sensing motor, which means it detects the force applied while pedaling. The harder you pedal, the more power the motor delivers. Additionally, this motor features a double clutch system, resulting in minimal resistance when using the bike with the kit powered off. The display of this motor offers four different modes to select from, each providing varying levels of assistance. Let’s start off with the key question – is a bike with a retrofitted Tongsheng TSDZ2 motor going to be as good as a dedicated ebike?If you need something with real oomph (because you’re towing a heavy trailer up a 15% hill twice a day and want to do it at 25kph, or something). At that point you really need a frame dedicated around a motor to handle the torque, and (as far as I’m aware), you can’t buy frames like that without the motor coming with it. One feature that stands out in the Tongsheng TSDZ2B is its installation away from the chain. This design choice not only minimizes the risk of damage to other components but also makes it easier for riders to maintain their bikes. With this kit, you can confidently ride knowing that your investment is protected. This has nothing to do with the manufacturers' power rating, if the manufacturers say 250W then that is what they expect the users to use it for on average. coaster brake function -----it is means If you bike don't have any brake lever, you must use the motor with coaster brake function, otherwise you can choose the motor have a freewheel I’ll also mentioned that Tongsheng’s firmware (ie the code that tells the motor how to behave) is a little weird. In particular, you get maximum assist at an oddly low cadence – about 60. It then tails off until at about 100 RPM you get very little help at all. This is not intuitive if you’ve mentally programmed yourself to spin up hills to stop your knees exploding; I sometimes need to change up to a harder gear if I want more help on a hill (this only works if you’re not already getting the max available power from the motor. If you are, then you need to change down to keep going. You’ll get the hang of it after a few weeks, honest).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment