276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Good Girl Complex: a steamy and addictive college romance from the TikTok sensation (Avalon Bay, 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I should be getting hazard pay.” I finish up and push the drinks to her. “Seriously, though, if those guys can’t keep their hands to themselves, I’m coming over there.” In relationships, it manifests in negative thoughts, attitudes, beliefs, feelings, and behaviors about sex and intimacy , limiting their enjoyment and responsiveness of that aspect of the relationship. Mac: "Are you kidding me right now? In case I hadn't noticed? And now you're suddenly worried about my safety? You're the one who left me at your house in the middle of a hurricane. I was all alone there! Just me and Patricia screaming like a banshee!" I expect him to whine, throw a fit. Instead he laughs, shaking his finger at me. To him, this is some of that charming local color they come slumming it down here to find. Rich kids love getting rolled.

They tend to compare themselves to others who have been successful and give themselves a hard time when unable to achieve what others have. You're right, I don't get it. I just spent the past couple hours watching you seek out every wild ride at that festival. You get off in the thrill. You get off on life. There's fire in you, Mac. For me, the negative part is that the plots and tropes can get a little repetitive (to be fair, I feel that way sometimes about thrillers and mysteries too.) The positive of the New Adult format (for those who enjoy it): it’s emotional and angsty, filled with unlikely couples with a lot of sexual tension, a fair amount of conflict, and a bunch of make-up sex.A New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager. One of the things that makes Elle Kennedy’s NA romances so much fun is the cast of characters she gives each book/series. I loved the new people she introduced us to in this book. Cooper has a twin, Evan, who I want a book for. I also loved all of Cooper’s friends (minus Heidi, but I got her in the end). Mac had a fun roommate, but her parents and Preston were awful. I loved to hate Preston. All of these characters have me wanting more books set in Avalon Bay! The scenes were repeated over and over : "you're nice Cooper, but I have a BF", "I just kissed you, but I have a BF", "my parents are controlling my life, but I'll let them do".... I leave Cooper's room, heart pounding. Candles. I should probably find some candles in case the power goes out. Because nothing sounds less appealing to me than sitting in the dark listening to the shrieks of a century-old dead child. The problem is it won’t come easy, which is understandable since the roots of this complex are something that women have internalized from a young age. Undoing something that has had years to cement itself inside your consciousness is always easier said than done.

She also has The Out of Uniform series, the Killer Instinct series, the After Hours series. There may be more. For the better part of an hour, I don’t look up. The room is so dense the faces blur into a smudge of flesh, and all I do is pour and slide credit cards until I’m in a trance, barely aware of my actions.I’m fine. But, man, I wish they’d just leave. I don’t know who’s worse tonight—Mr. Grabby Hands, or that senior on the patio who’s crying about his daddy reneging on his promise to buy him a yacht for graduation.”

Despite his disdain for the trust-fund kids he sees coming and going from his town, Cooper soon realizes Mac isn't just another rich clone and falls for her. Hard. But as Mac finally starts feeling accepted by Cooper and his friends, the secret he's been keeping from her threatens the only place she's ever felt at home. Delicious, complicated and drama-filled. . . Impossible to put down’ L. J. Shen, USA Today bestselling author I love Cooper. He is everything we love in a main male character. Tall, darkish, tattoos, gruff, and a rough exterior. Did I mention tattoos? lol Meg is a good mixture of independent yet not, in so many different ways. She has a go get them personality but struggles to show it to her parents. I don’t think it has as much spice🌶 as the Off Campus and Briar u series, but that’s completely fine. Mac’s had plenty of practice suppressing her wilder impulses, but when she meets local bad boy Cooper Hartley, that ability is suddenly tested.Elle Kennedy delivers another sexy and addictive read, and my latest personal favourite from her!' Tijan, New York Times bestselling author Kennedy’s fourth Killer Instincts romantic thriller (after Midnight Games) is a gripping and pulse-pounding tale. Juliet Mason, a professional thief turned contract killer, gets in deep Continue reading » Elle Kennedy delivers another sexy and addictive read, and my latest personal favourite from her! -- Tijan It’s clear that Good Girl Complex is the first in a series. Cooper has a big group of friends and a reasonable amount of time is spent on setting up their various dynamics so I have a sense of where the series may be going and who might be next to be in the spotlight. I’m here for it. I liked the way the friends bantered together and for the most part I liked them all. Even the “villain” of the group had more to her than met the eye and I appreciated, mostly, the way that ended up playing out. I especially adored Bonnie May Beauchamp and sincerely hope she will bob up again in the series because she was a hoot. Wyatt and his girlfriend trouble and a ludicrous thought experiment was also a lot of fun.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment