276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Calculus

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Los mundos matemáticos son densísimos, pero esto no obliga a que los libros de matemáticas sean barrocos. Jane Bjorkgren performed prodigious feats of typing that compensated for my fitful production of the manuscript.

If anyone has it or knows where I can download it from it would be much appreciated if you can help! They provide expert and detailed descriptions, disclose all significant defects and/or restorations, provide clear and accurate pricing, and operate with fairness and honesty during the purchase experience. Considerable attention is paid to motivating the discussion, showing why each result is important (though mainly in the pure mathematics context, applications of calculus being mainly found in the problems at the end of each chapter). who were always eager to increase the appeal of the book, while recognizing the audience for which it was intended.

A few topics, like manipulations with power series, have been discussed more thoroughly in the text, and there are also more problems on these topics, while other topics, like Newton’s method and the trapezoid rule and Simpson’s rule, have been developed in the problems. Bought this particular textbook because of its connection with the Hampshire College Summer Studies in Mathematics program, if I remember (the index of this, or another, of Spivak's books has an in-joke listing for "Yellow Pigs", not a would-be counterculture insult but rather one of the two mascots of that program, along with the number 17. Has a lot of explainig clear graphics,give examples of bizarre functions for clearing concepts,give a original introduction to complex variable by convergent complex power series,makes a formal costruction of the real numbers field, and make at this level unusual excursions in more advanced results as the demostration of the irracionality of pi or the demostration of the trancendence of e. I am especially grateful to my friends Michael Freeman, Jay Goldman, Anthony Phillips, and Robert Wells for the care with which they read, and the relentlessness with which they criticized, a preliminary version of the book. Al principio puede hacerse algo espeso cuando no se está familiarizado con el tipo de razonamiento, pero creo que a la postre merece mucho la pena.

This is a beautiful exposition of the theory of calculus from the axiomatic approach with full motivation and proof of the major theorems and some interesting facts that are seldom presented at this level.It is a good book for interesting problems, however this treatment will not make you any more successful in a Calculus course, perhaps the opposite since you are likely to be in a course that treats Calculus in a different way. Richard Serkey helped collect the material which provides historical sidelights in the problems, and Richard Weiss supplied the answers appearing in the back of the book. For the moment we consider only addition: this operation is performed on a pair of numbers—the sum a + b exists for any two given numbers a and b (which may possibly be the same number, of course).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment