276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shadow Jumper: A mystery adventure book for children and teens aged 10-14 (A Shadow Jumper Mystery Adventure)

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have to agree that the cover art is amazing, although Kelly is quite welcome to a jigsaw puzzle with all that same colour in it! Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives. One almost calamitous evening taking part in this hair-raising activity, Jack crosses paths with Beth. Keeping your skin protected in strong sunlight is recommended for everybody, but it’s absolutely necessary for those with sensitive skin conditions caused by EPP.

His allergy to the sun puts lots of challenges in his path, his only hobby is “shadow jumping” across his local skyline at dusk. Asking open-ended questions throughout the reading process will help spark conversation among your students and allow them to explore different interpretations of the text. As Douglas Adams almost said, ‘Far away in the uncharted backwaters of the once unfashionable North-East of England lies an often-unregarded civilisation. As no definitive treatment has yet been developed for EPP, it’s necessary for patients to wear protective clothing and stay in shaded areas to protect themselves from sunlight.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book as whilst reading it I loved the way I was able to build a picture in my mind. Applied thickly, the protective function allows the child to stay in direct sunlight for a short while – which was previously unthinkable. When we saw Charlotte laughing in the sun after applying the cream for the first time, we were overwhelmed,” says Johannes Hesseling, Charlotte’s father. Even though the sun had almost set, the searing heat pierced the thick fabric, stabbing the crown of his head. I loved the fact that a character like Aunty Lil was added to the story as her ferocious jokes that were not funny made me laugh.

Kolbe explains: “With the high standards of skin protection that we at NIVEA pursue, we are delighted that we were able to find a special solution for Charlotte.You could even assign roles among your students – such as protagonist or antagonist – and have them act out scenes from the novel! I found this book really fun to read as when you are reading the plot you are intrigued by the current mission then another mission appears in the storyline!

The blue part of sunlight has high energy which may damage your eyes and skin if exposed to it unprotected for long periods. Scrap that; his life had always been complicated – Dad’s absence added one more problem to the long list. Lastly, I read a book several years ago, that I believe took place at either Oxford or Cambridge, where the characters did a lot of rooftop jumping. Aunty Lil was a joyful, happy and cheerful character that made me laugh at her expressions that she thought her jokes were funny but they were not. EPP can’t be cured, but we saw a way to help protect Charlotte’s skin and improve her quality of life.The life forms inhabiting this area are often thought of as primitive as they still think wearing warm clothing is a pretty sissy thing to do. Pressing his back into the shadows of the tall chimney stacks, he ran his fingers through his oil-coated hair and shook the mass of worm-like tendrils. M. Forster is an engaging and thought-provoking novel that can bring a unique perspective to the classroom. It also brings to mind two books by Dean Koontz that deal with a character who can't be exposed to sunlight. As you read through the novel together as a class or independently for homework assignments, you should take time after each chapter or key event/scene to talk about how these themes manifest themselves within the text and what kind of impact they have on both characters’ development and overall plot progression.

After reading a chapter of the book aloud, you can have students watch related videos or listen to music that fits the theme of the chapter. By using this feature, you agree that the data may also be transferred to third countries outside the European Economic Area without an adequate level of data protection (esp. I liked the way that the thread of the story is buried under the mystery of Jack’s Dad’s whereabouts. For EPP patients blue light can negatively affect the skin within a few minutes and cause a lot of pain.Whilst Shadow Jumper does of course delve into the impact photosensitivity has on Jack's every day life and relationships this is just as much Beth's tale as she, like Jack, a bit of a loner, struggles to come to terms with life without her parents. Like you, I love the cover and it reminds me a bit of that puzzle I worked not long ago, though it had bright colors for its skyline. It goes beyond protecting against UV light by providing blue light protection for the skin, allowing Charlotte to spend more time outside, playing in the sunshine for longer. Creative writing activities are great for engaging reluctant readers since they give them an opportunity to express themselves through words or art instead of just reading alone. You may want to assign individual character studies or have your class discuss characters’ relationships with each other; this will help them gain a better understanding of how characters interact with one another within a larger context.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment