276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Elmer: 30th Anniversary Edition: 1 (Elmer Picture Books)

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From the start of this first story, the message is clear. Elmer is different, but he is accepted and valued just the way he is. He is unique and has a special talent to make everyone happy. When he alters his appearance and no longer looks like himself, he is ignored by his friends. He experiences what it feels like to be treated like an outcast, and to be ostracised by his old friends. In this book children may begin to think of the value of friendship and family, identity and diversity, as well as being true to oneself. When Elmer’s true colours are revealed, his friends are surprised and delighted. They much prefer his multicoloured and fun loving persona, and reassure Elmer that they love him because of his differences, and not in spite of them. Age 3-5 Thiswonderful picture book was first published 25 years agoand nowa modern classic. It tells the story of Elmer, a patchwork elephant living amongst a herd of ordinary elephants. He is popular, makes all the other elephants laugh and is well known in the jungle. But Elmer gets fed up with being the odd one out and decides he wants to blend in. He finds a way to look just like the other elephants. but this proves notto be such a good idea…

Elmer (Elmer Books) by David McKee | Goodreads

Furthermore, the book has vibrant and exuberant colours which also add to the unique aspect of the book. The language is also easy to read and understand. Elmer felt that something was wrong ... the more he looked at the serious, silent, still standing elephants, the more he wanted to laugh. Finally he could bear it no longer ...” Slowly building up a collection of books from my childhood for my daughter and seeing 30th anniversary edition is starting to make me feel slightly old! Children’s adults will be just as entertained as they are, and in my opinion that’s one thing that makes a great children’s picture book. I can see why this is a classic. Elmer the patchwork elephant is different to the rest of the herd, his desperate to fit in with the the group and goes to great lengths to achieve it.This book was given to my son as a gift and what a fabulous book it was. It touches on the want to be accepted because of similarities rather than being unique. Therefore with this in mind, the book cleverly highlights some important themes. Rings alarm bells for me and my son!

Elmer | BookTrust

Elmer the elephant is bright-colored patchwork all over. No wonder the other elephants laugh at him! Things you might talk about include: What your child likes about the book and anything they wonder about All the colours they can see on Elmer Why Elmer wants to change colour Why the other elephants are so serious without him. You could also talk about what your child knows about elephants – name parts of their body including trunk and tusk. What would they like to find out? Tell the story There are plenty of great ideas for expanding your teaching on the story of Elmer. Browse this collection to find inspiration, or see below for some suggestions. I am so surprised I’d never known of these books. This book was first published in 1968. I’d have thought I’d have come across them before now. Elmer the Patchwork Elephant celebrated in libraries". www.suffolklibraries.co.uk. Suffolk Libraries. 25 May 2016. Archived from the original on 18 October 2016 . Retrieved 27 June 2016.

International

Elmer the patchwork elephant is delightfully, colourfully different to all the other elephants and he’s usually the one who makes everyone laugh. Yet, one day, Elmer starts to feel like the odd one out and so leaves the elephants to go off on his own. Finding a berry bush, Elmer shakes the berries from the tree and rolls in them until he’s covered all over in their purply-grey juice. Now he’s elephant colour, Elmer can return to the herd and fit in unnoticed – unfortunately, it’s rather boring being like everyone else and Elmer can’t help his irrepressible nature getting the better of him. Children will love this exciting range of Elmer activities EYFS, including colouring sheets, pencil control activities, picture cards, sensory activity ideas and more. How can I use Elmer Activities for EYFS to build on all the areas of learning? PSED: Our Elmer Role Play Masks can encourage interactions between children and help you talk about how different characters might be feeling. Elmer is a wonderful children's story with the underlying message that it is alright for everyone to be different and that we all possess unique qualities. I shared this book with Nursery children who were deeply engrossed by Elmer and his great patch work.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment