276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The GlenDronach Parliament Aged 21 Years Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Regardless of whether the Service offers the functionality to contribute, you are solely responsible and liable for any content and information that you create, upload, post, publish, link to, duplicate, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available on the Service or to other Members, such as chat messages, text messages, videos, audio, audio recordings, music, pictures, photographs, text and any other information or materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (“Contributions”). If I’m reading all of this right, it would seem there’s been an information baby lost in the throwing out of the compliance bathwater. Perhaps the 43% ABV 12yo requires (and always has required) more filtering than the 46% ABV 15, 18 and 21-year-old siblings? But if so, why remove the SWA ‘non-compliant’ label from them all? On the palate, there are dried fruit notes of golden raisin and cooked fig, orange zest, and walnut along with some milk chocolate, coffee and a bit of toasted oak. The whisky shows the classic sherry matured “Christmas cake” profile as well as spice notes of cinnamon and nutmeg.

We may sell, license, transfer, assign or in any other way dispose of the Service (including Members) to any third party without any notification to you, e.g. (but without limitation) in connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets.

Product details

Palate: Full, syrupy body. Restrained tongue burn considering its ABV. Rivers of molten dark chocolate greet the tongue, studded with plump figs and dried apricots. Oaky in a controlled, precise way, perfectly supporting the layers of fruit and sweet. In a word, perfect.

The result is a range of whiskies that feature a deep amber color and a rich complex flavor profile that brilliantly joins a deeply favored, robust whisky character with the sweet, dried dark fruit notes of PX sherry cask maturation, along with the drier, citrus zest and fruity and nutty notes contributed from Oloroso sherry butts. All the whiskies are bottled without any chill filtration and with natural color. Glendronach has, in recent years, been increasingly recognised for the exceptional quality and value of its single malts. Its history has seen the distillery burn down and founder James Allardice declare bankruptcy, followed by a scattering of ownerships before the brand’s current stewardship under the Brown-Forman Corporation. You are responsible for all activities through your account. You are responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide to us in relation to your account, and for updating it where necessary. You are not allowed to create multiple accounts. We may terminate or temporarily suspend your account to protect you, ourselves or our partners from (suspected) identity theft or other (suspected) fraudulent (e.g. false, misleading, deceptive) activity. You have the obligation to keep your login credentials confidential. You shall not authorize any others to use or access your account.Let’s just dive in immediately, shall we? There’s a causality between the mothballing of GlenDronach and the true age of their age statement whiskies. The distillery was closed from 1996 until 2001, and that gap of six years forces GlenDronach to use older whisky than necessary. Take a long hard look at the infographic below and see for yourself. Fortunately for me this whisky just about manages to walk that line. It's not as marvellously balanced as other good sherry bombs I've had but I think it manages to keep it's dignity intact. Finish: long and lingering. More notes of wine and coffee, a touch of liquorice, lychees, dark chocolate, strips of leather, tobacco, with a light undertone of vanilla and orange oil.

To conclude the original article, I wrote “ Let’s just hope that in a couple of years, when they can finally release whiskies with accurate age statements, they are able to produce the same top quality as they do now.” That hope doesn’t seem to have come to fruition. Sure, some of the single cask releases are still top notch, but also priced pretty much out of everybody’s range. As far as the more affordable releases go: the latest Glendronach Cask Strength Batch #9 was underwhelming. Can I tell these apart? Sure. But can I tell if one has been processed differently from the other? Of course not. I feel the 40 minutes with water really brought out the more delicate flavors of the whisky. The sherry was cut through quite nicely and I could taste more of the base distillate if you like. The Service has been prepared by us solely for information purposes to Members and the Service is based on information we consider reliable and we obtain the contents of the Service from a number of different third party sources (including Contributions), but we do not endorse, support, represent, warrant or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of the Services and any information therein. Like its siblings, this is an oily, viscous whisky with a pronounced palate weight, although it is a little drier than the 12 YO and 15 YO expressions.

GlenDronach 21 Parliament Details

Without prejudice to the section Liability below, the Service may be temporarily unavailable during maintenance, updates, etc. We shall make reasonable efforts to inform you of any unavailability due to maintenance or updates. NOSE: Red fruit sweetness, creamy oak with bits of dark roasted coffee, an underlying ginger note mixed with bits of vanilla and orange. Delicious and rich inviting you to savour slowly. The distillery converted from coal fired stills to steam heat in 2005. It was the last Scottish distiller to switch. Today, among major producers, only the Japanese distiller Yoichi still uses coal fired stills.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment