276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop Citadel Pot de Peinture - Layer Moot Green, 12 ml (Pack of 1), (22-24)

£294.585£589.17Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Basecoat with Victorian Brass (optional- just pure copper could be used to save time for battle ready), then cover everything but the recesses with Pure Copper. Running between the house and Crag Path is a large south facing patio style garden; simply a gorgeous place to relax and enjoy the sea air, surrounded by sea holly and whispering grasses. Finally, zenithally airbrush on Citadel Nurgling Green at about a 45 degree angle. I’m not super great at keeping the Zandri dust visible, but you should aim to keep some of it in the middle to get a good gradient.

So the general scheme – and I’ve decided they’ll be Novokh – is to do deep red shoulder plates, chest armor, and heads for the core warriors, with more red plating for higher-ranking models in the army. I’ve decided to do the heads on my characters with a bone color, because it looks bad ass and gives them more of an undead feel. I use a relatively lightly coloured base to help have the dark necron pop out against it, be careful when doing stuff like that though as it is easy to have it overpower the model you are trying to showcase!The baseline method I started with was inspired by two GW painting videos – one for how to do Sautekh warriors, and one for how to achieve the “glowing green” Necron vehicle effect. The former I follow pretty closely, the latter I adapted a bit to simplify, leaning a bit more into the green. My Destroyers are a good example of what I’ve ended up with in the past:

I had just begun a wolf rider themed army prior to 8th edition and then steadfast came along and ruined it so I put my greenskins aside. Thankfully I'd barely done any painting on this army yet (seeing as GW in the interim scrapped the old paint range). The gold is a simple basecoat of Retributor Armour shaded with Reikland Fleshshade for a nice, vibrant gold. I then drybrush the edges with Liberator Gold before being finished with a very light highlight of Stormhost Silver on the extreme edges. I like this guy a lot, but my Necron army never got past the stage of being “fledgling” and was mostly painted two years ago, and I think now i would do them differently. The body is just Army Painter silver spray washed Nuln Oil, the carapace is Naggaroth Night then Xereus Purple highlighted with Genestealer Pink, and the green is Warpstone Glow -> Moot Green. The gold is just Retributor Gold washed Seraphim Sepia, and the brassy bits are Runelord Brass which I think was also washed Sepia. We return to finish off the iconography! I somewhat violate the my typical behavior of only doing zenithal highlights on these as I want to put a lot of emphasis on the depth of the dragon’s face. For this I put the brightest points on stuff like the jaw, brows, and spines that should be be bold against the rest really to emphasize the key parts of the Salamanders logo. The green phaseblade was very intimidating to start with as I had never really done any blending before, but it turned out to be very simple. I used the standard technique, as shown very well by Juan Hidalgo here. I used a wet blend from GW Dark Angels Green -> GW Warpsone Glow -> GW Moot Green -> 50/50 GW Yriel Yellow / GW Moot Green, then edge highlighted with 50/50 Yriel Yellow / White.Whiteshark12: The easiest way to paint the weird charcoal skin of Salamanders is to not have any skin exposed. Thank you for your time, I will not be taking questions. The Novokh Dynasty are close combat monsters on the battlefield, and are visually distinct with a striking red color scheme that uses splashes of white. Base: The armor/carapace/face and gun housing were all based with a mix of German Grey with little bit of Dark Prussian Blue mixed in for a bit of tint- in the range of 10-20%. I don’t think this is strictly necessary, how blue you want it (if at all) is up to personal taste. This holiday home occupies the whole of the ground floor and a section of the first floor of an impressive Edwardian terraced house sandwiched between Crabbe Street and Crag Path, overlooking Moot Green where children can enjoy the simple pleasures of the boating pond. The entrance is through a gate off Moot Green on the path between Crag Path and Crabbe Street and a path leads round to the garden, with double doors from both the kitchen and the double bedroom on the ground floor, plus the front door at the side.

Skorpekh Destroyers. Credit: Wings Skorpekh Destroyers. Credit: Wings Skorpekh Destroyers. Credit: Wings Skorpekh Destroyers. Credit: Wings Skorpekh Destroyers. Credit: Wings For my scheme all the metal is done in one go, these days I much prefer to just base coat one metallic colour and then just use washes and contrast to build up the colour I want. In this case I wanted a rich dense feel to the metal for which the density of basilicanum is just fantastic, its effectively multiple coats of nuln in one go! While it is not super obvious in the final product, the agrax helps to give complexity to the tones in the metal that the grey wash does not really give. Edge highlight the armor with Silver mixed with just enough Pure Copper to give it a hint of color. Schemes from different painters for how to paint the Salamanders, including the chapter’s Pre-Heresy look. Whiteshark12: I struggle with creating good shapes for the flames on the fly so I can’t provide much input there, but I’m happy with the colour palette i’ve chosen. Start with painting an outline of the flames in Mephiston Red. I start from the tip and bring it downwards in a wavy motion. Connect these flame tongues together towards the base. Then paint concentrically smaller flames with Wild Rider Red and Fire Dragon Bright, then finally underline with a layer of Yriel Yellow. https://youtu.be/b5UyWTHyDks?t=1063 An alternate style I plan to try some day.Next stipple the Umber ink wash along the bottom edges of everything previously stippled. Try not to just cover up the Reikland stipple, leave it showing so that there is a transition between the heavier pigmented ink and the cleaner armor. And that’s the finished Necron Warrior! This was pretty fast and easy to do, and I’m very happy with the result. Despite using bright colors, they come across appropriately menacing, which is the goal.

The metal skeleton is the first step. Simply prime then wash the models. I primed my Necrons with Bare Metal Primer from Ammo by MIG and then washed them with 2 coats of Nuln Oil, letting each coat fully dry before proceeding to the next step. The skeleton should be very dark following 2 directly coats of Nuln Oil. Following this the entire skeleton gets a drybrush of Necron Compound, starting from the top and only brushing straight down. Second edge highlight: Stonewall Grey 1:1 with Basalt Grey and a small amount (in the 10-20% range again) of Temple Guard Blue. This is a finer highlight along all the edges. Then the same color was used to paint the whole face again along with the gauss tube, wires, and coils on the gun. The wires hanging out of the chest were painted this too, along with the raised portion of the chest emblem. Jab GW Screamer Pink quite coarsely into the exhausts. This is essentially shading so does not need or want to be particularly precise.

References

When it comes to painting miniatures with Moot Green, there are several Citadel Colour paints that can be used in combination to create a variety of effects. Here are a few options to consider: Stunning light and exceptionally well-equipped kitchen with light flooding through the double doors which open onto the garden. Units wrap around three walls, housing a waist height Neff double oven, microwave, dishwasher, four ring gas hob, fridge, three drawer freezer and Nespresso machine. The island in the centre is a great place to sit and chat to the chef, with five bar stools. http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?s=c770bc029dd218be5d17fff14fecefeb&showtopic=17678&st=0&p=266494&#entry266494 Guests will be able to park on roads close by; directly outside the house is restricted but convenient for a couple of hours or overnight, and there’s unrestricted parking near the White Lion Hotel. Floorplans The king size bed has bedside cabinets and there’s plenty of storage in built-in cupboards with shelves and drawers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment