276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Wim Hof Method: Activate Your Full Human Potential

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So he gets me to lie on the sofa, and we do the breathing. And yeah, I am a little bit in awe of my body, that I can hold my breath for two and a half minutes. And afterwards, as I said, I feel lightheaded, but also strong. Before the ice bath, he asks how many press-ups I think I can do. I dunno, maybe three, it’s been a while. He gets me to take 20 more deep breaths, and then, holding the final one, I do 20 press-ups! This, compounded day after day, can lead to substantial positive changes to your life and career. It’s the little things that are done every day that add up. It's been a few days that I've started taking cold showers and doing breathing exercises, and I already see some of the benefits. Wim discovered his inner potential on his own, and he's been teaching it for many years now. In the beginning, people didn't believe in him, but after scientific experiments that was done on him, most of the sceptics became believers. Hof goes on long monologues, extolling the benefits of the WHM and generally bigging up WH. He can control his core body temperature, prevent it falling to dangerous levels of hypothermia when exposed to the cold. He says he can manage the part of his nervous system that is responsible for breathing and heart rate, as well his adrenaline, dopamine and serotonin. And that we have control over our immune systems and our anxieties, and the power to prevent illness, depression and inflammation.

Breathing sounds simple enough, but once you start practicing the method yourself, you’ll see how difficult it can be. And as for jumping in cold water? That’s no walk in the park either.On a completely separate note, while I do understand this is Wim's book and Wim's way of thinking, I can imagine quite a lot of people getting at least slightly annoyed at how he sometimes describes women and mothers - loads of stereotypes there. Nothing too terrible, but still. Let this be a small trigger warning for readers who keep feminist matters as close to their heart as I do. Practice is the key. As is learning. And this book doesn’t quite pin down precisely what is needed. It’s like he’s trying to convince us that his method is real, and that it works, but he doesn’t quite show us what his method is. He gives us data and a lot of biography. He tells us how he came to his method and why he felt it was necessary. And it’s very convincing. I believe in what he says. I think he has found something, and he understands a crucial fact of human existence: none of us ever really discover our true potential. This method is very simple, very accessible, and endorsed by science. Anybody can do it, and there is no dogma, only acceptance. Only freedom.” (Wim Hof) Additionally, referencing science and data is awesome, but it'd be great if an actual list of sources was added. The only definitive book authored by Wim Hof on his powerful method for realizing our physical and spiritual potential

Wim Hof is a legend. It's hard to read books that are about people larger than life, because at least for myself I constantly doubt that what he was able to do applies to common mortals such as myself. As you probably would imagine, he spends a significant part of the book reminding the reader that they could in fact do these things as well... but isn't that the pattern? Mindset ―Build your willpower, inner clarity, sensory awareness, and innate joyfulness in the miracle of livingWith the flow of blood delivering oxygen and nutrients into the deepest parts of your brain, you feel stillness, you feel pure energy, you feel the true power of your mind. That’s the way we should feel every day, and we can — not only be happy, strong, and healthy, but imbued with purpose and a sense of adventure. Your soul comes alive. Hof, in emotional agony, as well as facing bringing up four children himself with very little money, found some comfort in cold water, in the canyons around Pamplona. “I found that going into cold water stops whatever is going on in your mind, you’ve got to survive in cold water, it is merciless, but righteous.” It helped him heal, and he began to think it could help others heal, too. And the seeds of the Wim Hof Method were born. If you are looking to feel better, fortify your body, and practice meditation and mindfulness, The Wim Hof Method book is for you. Breathwork hasn’t received the attention it deserves, but Wim Hof has helped bridge that gap. For those looking for any way to get better, adding the Wim Hof Method to your daily routine can help give you that edge. His critics say he’s bold with his claims and he overstates what his methods can do. Wouter van Marken Lichtenbelt of Maastricht University has said Hof’s scientific vocabulary is “galimatias”, or nonsense. “With conviction, he mixes, in a nonsensical way, scientific terms as irrefutable evidence.” Does he think it might have helped Olaya, I wonder? “Me knowing what I know now? I would get her out in no time.”

He frequently baffles the scientific community yet a lot of skepticism remains. The support for everything shared in the book makes reading it that much more interesting and exciting. The author believes that we should all experience happiness, strength, and health. One way of helping individuals achieve this is shining light on human consciousness, potential, and “the truth of nature.” The 'Iceman' Wim Hof shares his remarkable life story and powerful method for supercharging your strength, health and happiness. When it comes to the breathing... its really profound, and some of the things he has claimed are world changing if they can be duplicated by us common mortals. I believe in it (due to a book I read last year called "Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art" by James Nestor), and I believe that breathing the right way, and consciously breathing will be a boon for my health, and future in this very bleak world. (yeah I said that).

Select a format:

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon with the Iceman. Yes, he bangs on a bit, but that’s because he does passionately believe it. He’s also entertaining and funny. And extraordinary. He sat in an ice bath for one hour, 52 minutes and 42 seconds! It makes me hyperventilate just thinking about it. I've occasionally been doing Wim Hof's breathing exercises and cold showers before reading the book, which is why I decided to read/listen to it. The breathing technique worked for me from the first time, and I could feel more energized and calm. The only definitive work authored by Wim Hof on his powerful method for realizing our physical and spiritual potential.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment