276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ASICS Men's Gel-Cumulus 23 Trainers

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Recently, ASICS has been pushing the boundaries of innovation and has launched some very exciting shoes. The Gel Cumulus 23 is a shoe that doesn’t make you think about which shoe to wear for what run. This shoe is designed on a budget for the runner that just wants something they can comfortably jog in day-in and day-out no matter what type of workout they are aiming for. I would choose the Cumulus over the Nimbus for long runs and for faster runs but I prefer the Nimbus for easy and recovery runs.

This shoe can really do a bit of everything, so whether that’s out on dry or wet roads, or in the gym on the treadmill, I think there should be no issues with grip. Gel Cumulus runs a bit hot Part of the reason this shoe is so comfortable is because of the new gender-specific features. The Cumulus 23 features Trusstic™ technology that provides gender-specific support. This system helps creature smoother transitions and keeps you stable on the run.The Gel-Cumulus™ 23 continues the Cumulus™ tradition of being a light, versatile, neutral running shoe with its focus being to provide an even smoother and softer ride. At 230g the women's shoes are slightly lighter than the previous model with the 10mm drop remaining the same. So here's the technical information. One of the biggest pros of this shoe is that it doesn’t distract from your run. I’ve had shoes in the past that have a lot of technology that makes it easy to think about the shoe instead of your run. That’s not the case here. The technology is simple, and the comfort is there. The simple midsole and upper make it hard to want to take this shoe off. New Gender-Specific Features Puma Velocity Nitro- Brand new trainer out of Puma. A versatile, protective ride that will work for many This shoe is perfect for those runners who want a shoe they can lace up for any jog without having to contemplate what type of run they’ll be doing and which shoes match that intention. Decent weight for a daily trainer

When I first saw pictures of the Cumulus 23 online, my initial thought was that it looks very similar to the Nimbus 23. Another great feature that I appreciate about the fit is how easy it is to slide these on and off. The interior is really smooth, which helps. The Asics Gel Cumulus 23 is a traditional running shoe for everyday training. With this new model, the Japanese brand makes significant changes while preserving the shoe’s DNA. Your foot bounces off the pavement with a springy, cushioned response when you run in the GEL-CUMULUS™. The GEL-CUMULUS™ range maxes out on cushioning and the GEL™ cushioning technology is designed to give you the light bouncy feeling of running on clouds.

All traditional EVA shoes tend to stiffen up in cooler temps, and this was no exception. After 20 minutes in our freezer test the flex on this shoe stiffened up 52.4%, the average shoe stiffened just 21%. Reflective elements on the heel You want a soft plush ride. Although the Cumulus is padded, its sibling the Gel Nimbus is a better option for those that want a plush feeling underfoot. That’s because the Cumulus is the textbook definition of a comfortable, daily trainer with a versatile ride character. It’s a multipurpose, do-everything shoe which is why it’s been such a crowd pleaser for over two decades. ROBBE: Last year, all three of our reviewers were pretty into this shoe as an overall daily trainer. I actually wore it but didn’t review it because do we really need four people and a dissertation on the Cumulus? Absolutely not. Stability: B- (Neutral shoe. However narrow midfoot and posterior/lateral heel flare creates excessive load/instability)

The ASICS GEL-CUMULUS™ range is designed for neutral runners, which is when your foot lands on the heel, rolls in, before pushing off from across the front of the foot. Not sure if the GEL-CUMULUS™ is the perfect fit for you? Read our Shoe Finder guide to find the right footwear for your needs. For me, there aren't any cons but if you're looking for a pair of higher performance running shoes , ASICS has such a great offering in their 'Run Faster' range which uses all the latest technology.

Cool and Comfortable

Engineered mesh upper adds strategic support in targeted areas while leaving some of the fibres open to improve breathability. It’s a neutral daily trainer with enough form in the heel to add stability for runners that care more about just getting out for a jog than those focused on their stride and speed.

Ferrari, J., Hopkinson, D. A., & Linney, A. D. (2004). Size and shape differences between male and female foot bones: is the female foot predisposed to hallux abducto valgus deformity?. Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, 94(5), 434-452. But if you’re someone who just wants to buy a shoe without worrying about what kind of midsole or upper it has, or what it’s like for tempo runs, etc., then this shoe will be more than fine. Again, I’d probably opt for the GEL-Nimbus 23 over this one if I just want a shoe for a ton of miles. This one offers a bit more versatility due to its lighter weight, but this may be a situation where less isn’t more. A 3D SPACE CONSTRUCTION has been added to the top layer of the midsole to improve cushioning and flexibility. Of the three ASICS stalwarts, the Kayano, Nimbus and Cumulus, the Cumulus is the most budget friendly, the lightest and the most versatile. The rubber coverage on this is pretty solid and is built up in all the places that you need it to be (i.e. around the edges). Leaving rubber out of the spine of the outsole is a good move in that it’s going to save a lot of weight but shouldn’t sacrifice durability. The flex grooves in the forefoot help keep this shoe rolling through each stride. It’s a pretty smooth ride overall. Shop GEL-CUMULUS 23 – Men Shop GEL-CUMULUS 23 – Women The BadMy first run was a 10km steady-paced run and I was surprised how well it performed when I increased the pace. Flytefoam has come a long way. What used to be a really firm, unforgiving foam only suited for fast runs, has now become softer, more lively and more versatile. ROBBE: No major changes over last year’s version, which is a good thing. Let me be clear – this is a solid shoe at a reasonable price point. It just doesn’t have any wow factors to it. I need some exoticism in my life.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment