276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I absolutely LOVED the smart sarcastic sassy back and forth commentary between Hazel and Josh - they had chemistry galore (repartee is my kind of thing - I am huge fan of Pacey and Joey from Dawson’s Creek and loved their witty banter). Now it takes place years later when she is an elementary school teacher, and he is a physical therapist, and they randomly cross paths once again. Usually even if I don’t have a lasting appreciation for romance novels they do at least offer some instant amusement, but I was losing the will to finish this story as I read. And then Josh was like: I gotta c** so 1) I can jerk off in the bathroom like a weirdo or 2) I can use your orifices. Josh is a little apprehensive about letting Hazel get close and you kind of can’t blame him; she did once proposition him and then proceed to barf on his shoes.

So instead of giving me opinny on the story itself, I want to discuss the spicy scenes in this book. Hazel is boisterous and unapologetic, but there’s a disconnect between how “crazy” everyone seems to think she is and the way she is actually presented in this novel.

They happily settle into their role as best friends, and begin setting each other up on blind dates, with each one turning out a bit more disastrous than the last. They have some embarrassing run-ins afterward, but it isn’t until 10 years after college that they are reunited.

Oh, and even though it has a cover that looks very much like Roomies, these worlds and stories are not connected what so ever.I want to save THE PARADISE PROBLEM for next year, but I may or may not devour this new romance from CLo over winter break !

I adore Josh as he wasn't embarrassed about Hazel and her crazy outfits or personality, he accepted her and everything she brought to the table. These books are sweet, warm, sexy, sensitive, emotional, and fun, and if that's a bad thing, I'll still line up for more. The book alternated between Hazel and Josh’s perspectives, with I think a touch more told from Hazel. There are some pacing issues, I think, with the time between them becoming friends and, um, later developments being too long. I've been struggling lately with a lot of heavy life stressors and have found myself gravitating more and more toward romantic comedies and upbeat contemporaries, genres I never would have touched even a year ago.The writing duo Christina Lauren peels back the layers of a slow-build relationship that hits a bajillion hilarious potholes along the way, showcasing modern true love. I'm not saying that I am Hazel (because that would be creepy), but so many parts of her resonated in me that when I read all those reviews dismissing her, I struggled not to take it personally. when they were sharing the bed and woke up from their simultaneous sex dreams (Hazel was actually orgasming from hers SOS) ?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment