276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lacoste L'Homme EDT, for Men, 100 ml

£17£34.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lacoste post-Patou has been a very spotty affair, especially for most who have followed the development of the popular sport brand's perfume arm from high-end sporty fragrances when Patou controlled them (and Jean Kerleo composed) to more mall-friendly fare comparable to Kenneth Cole and Nautica, but attempts to restore clout to at least Dior and YSL levels since 2009 have been admirable. L'Homme Lacoste (2017) is one such attempt, and taps Michel Gerard to compose, a man who is no stranger to boutique apparel brands having composed all of Kangol's line in the past. Here with L'Homme Lacoste, he takes a fairly conservative yet still trend-conscious direction with versatile top notes and an expectedly-synthetic base. The magic of L'Homme Lacoste is in the quince note in the top and the way it plays with the rest of the fragrance, including almond in the heart and the "akigalawood" (custom nolimbanol captive from Givaudan) in the base. What sets this apart from so many things competing in the same space is the fact that it doesn't try to make a statement about itself or the wearer, and just smells good. Unfortunately, this is the very same thing that will keep L'Homme Lacoste from resonating with anyone outside the lazy-grab customer into the apparel line and wanting an easy-wearing matching fragrance, which is still better in some ways than the "oh my God SPORTS" vibe of 90's and 00's Lacoste masculines, but not attention-grabbing enough for fans of 2010's ambrox bombs. Creed Aventus so FC Barcelona, L'Homme Lacoste Intense more so Kreisliga club, after the striker has already had three beers inside. I was aware of this, more than eight points for the fragrance itself, so clearly not in it. Not unless I want to make a fool of myself here.

In the course of time the orange component becomes weaker, but the warm-sweet-woody one stays for a long time and we are supported by the playful orange at the end as well. If I remember correctly, I was a little uncertain about the scent from the beginning. I liked this rhubarb note, even if it seems to be strongly synthetic - no question about it. But there is a reason why the bottle is still almost full.

Because it lasts so long? Certainly not. Do not misunderstand, but also the durability, is, if at all, slightly above average. Because the sillage is so good? Certainly not. A little rhubarb and tangerine in the face, after 30 minutes hardly noticeable. Skinn-Scent after one hour at the latest. At this point a word about the atomizer: Clearly middle class, you won't be pissed on by any jet, but the water is not really atomized either. So it's not uncommon for stuff to go down your throat. Funnily enough, air often just comes out of the bottle.

The fragrance is simply not round. Synthetic mace, which is at first incredibly intrusive, before it blows in the wind. The tangerine almost burns in the nose. The rest of the fragrance is, as I said, not noticeable at all. The scent simply does not develop. L'Homme Lacoste Intense is a single top note that you just don't want to wear anymore after trying it a few times. Lacoste began offering shoes, watches, sunglasses and fragrances in the 1980s. Lacoste for Men was the first fragrance, launching in 1984. A series of fragrances for men and women have since been launched, many with a sporty theme and adorned with the crocodile logo. Lacoste offers fragrances in conjunction with Procter & Gamble. And now I, Bamb1 (pronounced Bambi), must be very strong and honest. Why did I really rate this scent here so highly? Wrongly so "badly" rated. Fresh, citric fragrance with rhubarb pepper. H/S for a fresh fragrance definitely above average." When the turquoise was now open again despite corona times, I set out to test it. In the end I tested the lemony, super elegant Allure Homme Edition Blanche and Lacoste L'Homme on my skin. Both ingenious fragrances. But since I just needed a mood-lifter and, as I said, I like the scent of oranges and didn't want to overstretch my budget, the Lacoste came in the bag. The Chanel will follow sometime.Due to the characteristic fruity fresh note of the fragrance, it is definitely a summer fragrance for me, which I wear during the day, but which would also work in the evening (but there are clearly better ones).

Because he smells so good? Certainly not. A bit of rhubarb and tangerine, the rest is almost meaningless and indefinable. Now let's talk about the scent. The opening is fresh and fruity. Instead of the individual fruits (I have no idea how rhubarb smells, since I never eat it) it looks more like a single fruit to me, which smells similar to oranges. The combination of the individual components in the top note is well done.This - ladies and gentlemen - I wrote about nine months ago in the comments section when I bought L'Homme Lacoste Intense. He didn't do badly in the German perfume sunnyboy outuber, so I tried him out. And I was actually quite convinced of that scent. You can't say anything negative about the bottle, but you can't say anything really positive either, because it's very simple and by no means creative. The shelf life is satisfactory for a (Lacoste) fragrance in the price segment, but could be slightly better. With me he can do between 5 and 7 hours on the skin.

But it's quite fruity already and I think it's a bit over the target (the compensation by the woody notes isn't enough in my opinion). Still not a bad fragrance, in my opinion even the best Lacoste fragrance. However, I only recommend it if you are a rhubarb fan, as I am, or if you are looking for something really fruity (sweet) for the man in summer. Objectively speaking, the fragrance is a 7 for me, but as a rhubarb fanatic (okay, a bit hyperbolic) an 8 would also be conceivable.Rhubarb? I'd never smelled that before. Eaten already - doesn't taste as I think. But the smell? Something special, unique, almost to be fooled by. The synthetic didn't bother me. It was important to me, despite insufficient financial means - I still go to school, I'm not nibbling at the hunger cloth, but the money is certainly not easy to get by - to smell special. So Versache The Dreamer and Banana Republics Vintage Green came in handy after I finally got over my Boss Bottled phase, which I had worn so proudly - simply because I didn't smell like BrunoBanani, like the others did. And L'Homme Lacoste Intense was to keep these two company.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment