276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Out of Control: How My Addiction Almost Killed Me

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The matter was referred to PPS [Director of Public Prosecutions] who were satisfied by Mr McCarron’s account of events, and the matter stands closed. Cathal McCarron: 'I want to get across how destructive addiction actually is and what it has done to my life. I was trying to show what gambling had done to my life and for the people that had seen all these things and read all these headlines, but did not know who I was. He has also played for Round Towers while in London since 2013, with the county team there interested in him. When footage subsequently leaked, McCarron could no longer hide his terrible secret, and keep running from his troubled past.

It was definitely written with Gaelic football fans in mind - many long descriptions of games, rivalries, etc. When we flick on to watch soccer even on terrestrial television, Ray Winstone pops up in Cockney geeza format, offering us odds at half-time, imploring us to "Have a bang on that" like it's a cosy little crackpipe with your name on it. I was still projecting this image of us as the perfect family, where we had everything and wanted for nothing.The footballer said he thought the girl was at least 19 and only realised her true age when contacted by her father.

I used to justify it on the basis that, given it was Daddy’s money, I had an entitlement to some of it.Do you know what topped it off even worse, there were other guys in there doing the exact same thing I was doing when I was finished and they were straight as well - they were looking for the money. I did appreciate this quote from the start of the book "You always felt that hopelessness at home, of being unable to stop what you knew was inevitable ". An uncle of my father left him a house in Tummery, just outside Dromore, off the main Omagh to Enniskillen road. For me to come through that and play football again, I have to say from the bottom of my heart (how grateful I am to) the amount of GAA players who gave me respect this year and last year and never said a word. The footballer said he soon afterwards received a threat from a man on behalf of the IRA over his activities.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment