276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Eject! Eject!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I had the notion,” wrote Martin, “that I wanted to design things and not be employed by anyone” – a fine ambition. The tales they told about, of course, being lucky to be alive were accompanied by lifelong disability and regrets like the poor young woman who would have loved to have been able to wear a skirt and a nice blouse - an option forever lost to her. charts the astonishing and deeply moving story of military medics from the WW2 beaches of Dunkirk to the desert towns of Afghanistan today.

This may result in small marks to the dustjacket and title page, please also bear in mind that each signature will be a little different from the one we show here. For me , the amount of technical information was just about right and it was great reading about one of our leading edge companies that develops fabulous products that are sold at home and abroad.

No one would ever want to have to use an ejection seat, but thank goodness some people have – and have lived to tell the tale. At its end I could only reflect on the nature of war and the risks we ask our pilots to take on and whether technology will advance so much that seat technology will be rendered obsolete with pilotless aircraft. That the two men survived their ordeal was due not only to their bravery and resilience but also – obviously – to the existence of aircraft ejection seats. The events in war, about the way the Vietnam pilots were treated for instance was beaten only by the dreadful, dreadful injuries that they used to receive as a result of ejecting. Come down the travelators, exit Sainsbury's, turn right and follow the pedestrianised walkway to Crown Walk and turn right - and Coles will be right in front of you.

John is the bestselling co-author of Tornado Down and author of many highly acclaimed epics, including Spitfire, Lancaster and Tornado, all of which were Sunday Times bestsellers. If you don’t recognise the name, you will certainly remember the face: John Nichol was the navigator on the RAF Tornado shot down over Iraqi territory on the first day of the First Gulf War in January 1991.There was clearly an urgent need for such a device: early aircraft escape techniques, notes Nichol, “were rudimentary at best: strap on parachute and jump.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment