276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kinesis Advantage2 Ergonomic Keyboard (KB600), Black top case, Cherry MX Brown Switches, QWERTY keycaps

£178.255£356.51Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Separating the keywells positions the arms at shoulder-width to keep wrists straight and perpendicular to the home row to reduce abduction and ulnar deviation. Learn More The Advantage2 features low-force Cherry MX Brown tactile mechanical key switches, the rubber function keys (found on the original Advantage) have been replaced with Cherry ML low-force, tactile mechanical key switches, and our signature home row keys are in the new Kinesis Blue.

The Advantage2 is our flagship keyboard and has been the choice of ergonomic enthusiasts for 25 years. If you need a powerful tool and are willing to invest as little as one week to learn the contoured layout, then it will reward you with incredible comfort and significant productivity boosts. The Advantage2 boasts mechanical switches, onboard programmability with our new SmartSet Engine, and it’s designed to work on all major operating systems. a b "User's Manual: Kinesis Contoured PS/2 Ergonomic Keyboard Family". Kinesis Computer Ergonomics. 2005 . Retrieved 7 October 2022. From small to tall and body types in between, the Freestyle2 allows for maximum flexibility catering to each individual’s unique needs. Out of the box both modules are connected together by a flexible pivot tether allowing an infinite range of splay. Disconnecting the pivot tether allows up to 9 or 20 inches of complete separation of both left and right keying modules. Perfect for individual needs ranging from a narrow footprint to complete separation. This design greatly reduces and or/eliminates ulnar deviation. i did actually have a bout of RSI recently. i realized i’d just bought a new phone that would have been called a phablet a couple years ago. without noticing it, i’d gotten in the habit of holding it in my left hand and tapping with my right index finger, but with my right wrist held totally rigid so i was moving my whole arm around for every keypress. stopped doing that and the problem went away in a couple days.

Keycaps: It was great they sent various keycaps. I immediately changed some keys, such as the default ESC to Blank, and replaced the Esc with the Alt key in my right thumb cluster. The Freestyle Edge RGB is the first split mechanical keyboard designed specifically for gaming. It was engineered with input from serious gamers to meet the strictest standards for quality and design. An adjustable 20” braided cable links the key modules to give you unparalleled freedom to customize your rig. a b "First Mac-to-PC convertible ergonomic keyboard ships from Kinesis" (Press release). Kinesis Corporation. November 13, 1996. Archived from the original on January 7, 1997.

Separating the keywells positions the arms at shoulder-width to keep wrists straight and perpendicular to the home row to reduce abduction and ulnar deviation. The two keywells are “ tented” to moderately raising the thumb side of the hand. Tenting puts you in a more neutral, “handshake” posture and reduces the stresses caused by forearm pronation. Choose from one of three heights depending on your preferences. Learn More Analysis of subjects’ performance showed a statistically significant increase in throughput for test entry when subjects used the traditional keyboard, but no significant difference in error frequency between the two keyboards. Unlike the base model which uses Kinesis’ propreitary SmartSet Engine, the Pro uses open souce ZMK firmware. Program the keyboard using the web-based configurator or simple text syntax. Power users can access the code on GitHub to build and share their own features.a b "Kinesis Introducs First Fully-Adjustable and Retractable Ergonomic Computer Keyboard" (Press release). Kinesis Corporation. January 10, 2001. Archived from the original on March 10, 2001. The Dactyl Manuform, via [tshort] (corrected)While it’s true that you can use a program like Autohotkey to bind macros to any key you want, those are all tied to one computer. The Advantage of the Kinesis is portability — all the macros and mappings live inside it. Advantage2 Contoured Keyboard Family" (PDF). Kinesis Corporation. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 23, 2016. Split keyboards are everywhere these days. This guide will explain the many benefits of using a split keyboard and provide helpful tips on what to look for if you are considering making the switch. The Kinesis keyboards are not for everyone. I would always wonder why people would use Advantage2. I've seen countless times in conferences or meetups people would bring with them. It was absurd, and I thought people were crazy. My thoughts on this changed dramatically when I started using Advantage2 last year. The moment I put my hands on the Kinesis Advantage2, I knew it was something I would use for years to come.

Second, the thumb keys on the Advantage2 had unique, taller keycaps for the Ctrl, Alt, Cmd/Win keys. They were much easier to reach. They replaced them with a shorter keycap or, let's say, normalized it with all the other keycaps. Because my Raycast/Alfred (finder applications) and the ESC key are on those keys, I immediately found it cumbersome. Six new hotkeys The Ergonomics of the Interfaces Keyboard". Cramer, Inc. Archived from the original on October 10, 1999. The new and improved new SmartSet TM Programming Engine supports on-board programming featuring one-touch macros and remaps. Use the new SmartSet App (Windows & Mac) to customize each 9 Profiles now with 5 programmable layers each. When the carpal tunnel constricts, it reduces blood flow, strains muscles, and puts pressure on the median nerve. Sounds painful, right?

Dimensions

Comparison between the Ctrl, Alt, Cmd/Win keys of the Advantage2 (taller) and Advantage360 (shorter) There are tons of open-source alternatives to drool over, thanks to the 2010s boom in mechanical keyboard interest. Many of them use firmware like QMK that allows for layers of key functions, so you’ll see minimal, highly customized, perfectly portable builds.

NEW- 10 fully customizable Lighting Effects: Freestyle, Monochrome, RGB Wave, RGB Spectrum, Pulse, Loop, Rebound, Rain, Breathe, and Starlight USgrant 7828489B1,William R. Hargreaves; Carsten Buus& Jonathan H. Biggs,"Keyboard with a pair of pivotable keying modules",issued November 9, 2010, assigned to Kinesis Corporation Though different models tweak different things, such as relocating the Alt and Control keys, ergonomic keyboards generally break down into two categories: (1) single-piece/unibody ergonomic keyboards, which rotate the keys on the layout of a one-part chassis, and (2) as mentioned earlier, split-chassis models that physically separate into two adjustable halves. One-touch, onboard key remapping so you can customize the layout to suit your typing style and preferences One question I had in mind was whether Bluetooth would introduce any lagging. But it works surprisingly excellent. The keyboards wake up from sleep immediately, and you barely feel any latency. It works like it's wired. There was only one issue that I've seen recently. I restarted macOS, and I couldn't type because Bluetooth was disabled. Somehow, plugging a cable into my Advantage360 also didn't work out. I wasn't sure whether it was a Firmware issue or a limitation of ZMK. I'll update the blog post if I find out the main reason. Advantage2 vs Advantage360

In 1992, Global Ergonomic Technologies conducted a study comparing postures, muscle activity, keying performance and preferences of subjects typing on a conventional keyboard and the Kinesis “contoured” keyboard. The main purpose of the study was to determine if the design of the Kinesis contoured keyboard resulted in reduced muscle load, improved performance, and was preferred to a traditional keyboard. To see my complete ZMK configuration, take a look at the .keymap file: https://github.com/fatih/Adv360-Pro-ZMK/blob/V2.0/config/adv360.keymap Price and Customs Go to ‘System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys’, making sure the selected device is for the Freestyle2 keyboard Before I can tell the main differences and the new features, I'll have to describe shortly how it all started. Please bare with me because it matters to understand why the Advantage360 is superior and better to the existing Advantage2 in many ways.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment